EPIC (M&M - Recruiting) CLOSED

Calinon

First Post
Since a few of my games have fallen off, I have the free time to run my own PbP M&M game.

EPIC will take place in the future on Earth, involving young mutants relatively new to their powers. The year is 2120, and technology has greatly improved, but is not so alien from how it is today. Money is still used, cars are still driven (though they hover), air travel is still common and space travel is once more advancing. I could go on and on, but why bother when I've created a handy dandy website!

If you'd like to play, peruse the website and put your character concept here, including a brief or lengthy background. I'll likely place a few requirements and restrictions here or there to prevent min-maxing, one dimensional characters and characters that just don't work; standard stuff really. I will likely take up to 8 characters and have no clue how I will choose them.
biggrin.gif

If you want to play but don't have the books, post your concept and I'll do character creation for you, and you can tweak the character at the end of the process. I have a few people that will be given spots in the campaign. Two players have concepts already; one is a speedster the other energy control (magnetic).

If all goes well, things should be rolling before on or before the 14th of December.

Board name: Elementor
Concept: Speedster (Speed Demon)

Board name: Mimic
Concept: Energy Control, magnetic

Board name: Deva
Concept: Powerhouse

blackshirt5
Mordane76
Dalamar
Velmont

Last edited:

blackshirt5

First Post
Does it have to be a mutant? Because if not, I've got a concept, actually two, that I really like; I'll put the first one up(short version) and if he's not acceptable, I'll go with my secondary.

Hanza Ro(aka Mr. Han), the Prince of Tir Na Nog
Hanza Ro, or Han, as he's known to his friends, is an elf from the Land of the Faeries, Tir Na Nog, and of distant relation to Pendragon, the Knight-Protector of Britain.

Han, unlike many of his kin, is fascinated by human culture; he's even gone so far as to dress like a human, right down to a long black coat and several earrings "defacing"(as his mother the queen calls it) his large, pointed ears. Still, he is a prince, so not many are willing to call him on it(in a direct way, at least; the backhanded compliments and sniping directed at him in his own lands are one reason he spends so much time on Earth).

Han is a sorcerer and a swordsman of some renown.

That's it for now; I'll send you more of his background if you want, and if you tell me the power level, I'll do up stats of him. In terms of his morality, he's a confused hero; he's not used to the moral greyness of Earth, having come from a land of black-and-white, good and evil.

Mordane76

First Post
I think I'm interested, but I don't have the books, and I'm not quite sure what the system is capable of handling or how it handles it. How much is the core book? If it's not too much, I might just swing by my LGS and pick it up.

I have to say, if I made a mutant, I would be drawing inspiration from Wolverine, probably -- someone who is imprevious, or highly so, and has little idea about who he was or how he become the way he did, but hopefully with some real-world abilities... think Paycheck meets The Bourne Identity meets Wolverine from X-Men, without the adamantium.

I've read through your website as much as I can at this point; I'm at work, and I'm still formulating a concept using the world as you have it, so I don't want to say this is my "background," because there are many details I would like to fill in on this concept, and I might have access to the books and be able to make my own character soon.

blackshirt5

First Post
The book's around 30 bucks, but well worth it.

Actually, I think I'm gonna do somebody completely original for this one; the Elf Prince is already in a project that I'm working on.

Calinon

First Post
blackshirt5 said:
The book's around 30 bucks, but well worth it.

Actually, I think I'm gonna do somebody completely original for this one; the Elf Prince is already in a project that I'm working on.
Ok, think more along the lines of mutated human :) I'd prefer not to open up another reality or faerie realm to play; it'd make it a bit much to run. However, your mutation can make you appear as one of the fae, if that is your desire, with powers that mimic theres. A mystic would be a good choice for a character like that, and in this world, people with access to mystical powers have gained them through mutation.

Mordane, you have a good concept. It's very workable. And skills will be a very important part of the campaign; there's a minimum every player must put in as well.

Everyone should keep in mind that all characters will start at 15-17 years old, so fairly unskilled as of yet. Depending on where you come from, training won't have been very thorough yet.

I'll be posting a link to a fellow's website who designed the most wonderful character sheet and character maker for M&M I've seen, tonight or tomorrow.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Hmm... finally a chance to see how the system works in action. Definately interested.

Now... lets see... an intellect type with duplication for that extra edge at studying? Hmm... sounds like an explorable option. I'll see what I can come up with.

Calinon

First Post
Dalamar said:
Hmm... finally a chance to see how the system works in action. Definately interested.

Now... lets see... an intellect type with duplication for that extra edge at studying? Hmm... sounds like an explorable option. I'll see what I can come up with.
Sounds good! Can't wait to see it fleshed out :)

I also talked with a friend today who is interested in being a powerhouse type. I'll get her to post about her character in the next few days.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
Everyone should keep in mind that all characters will start at 15-17 years old, so fairly unskilled as of yet. Depending on where you come from, training won't have been very thorough yet.

Hmm, I may have to tweak my character a bit. I invisioned him older than that when I created him.

Are you going to set up a thread in the Rogue's gallery?

Velmont

First Post
I want to join that game. I have a concept that I really want to try. Do you accept Super-science?

Have you read any Asimov novel. Well, the character I want to try is the result of an Asimov fan experiment. He has successfully created an Asimovian robot. That robot, it will be my character. I intend to give him the Quirk: Robotic Laws, which mean I must follow the three Asimovian Laws of Robotics:

1. You can't harm humans, or by inaction, let a human be harmed.
2. You must obey humans, except if it goes against the first law.
3. You must protect yourself drom harm, except if it goes against the two first law.

In a world where mutants (and maybe aliens, magician, robots, undead, and wathever), who can told who is human and not humans. Is a mutant humans, after all, his genetic code is far from teh standard humans. Maybe the character have just no definition of humans and try to find a definition for himself (taken that in the City of Robots and Aliens & Robots novels).

The starting power level will determine if I am a Daneel Olivaw, a Mandrelbot or a Silver Flank type robot.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Velmont said:
I want to join that game. I have a concept that I really want to try. Do you accept Super-science?

Have you read any Asimov novel. Well, the character I want to try is the result of an Asimov fan experiment. He has successfully created an Asimovian robot. That robot, it will be my character. I intend to give him the Quirk: Robotic Laws, which mean I must follow the three Asimovian Laws of Robotics:

1. You can't harm humans, or by inaction, let a human be harmed.
2. You must obey humans, except if it goes against the first law.
3. You must protect yourself drom harm, except if it goes against the two first law.

In a world where mutants (and maybe aliens, magician, robots, undead, and wathever), who can told who is human and not humans. Is a mutant humans, after all, his genetic code is far from teh standard humans. Maybe the character have just no definition of humans and try to find a definition for himself (taken that in the City of Robots and Aliens & Robots novels).

The starting power level will determine if I am a Daneel Olivaw, a Mandrelbot or a Silver Flank type robot.
Robotics hasn't quite reached the independant AI level just yet. It would also make you nearly useless to the campaign, since a lot of the engagements you will be in will be against normal humans, as well as mutants. I think for this campaign (my first as well) I'd like to keep certain difficult things out of it at the start.

That's just one idea though, and I know you have more :) I hope you still are up for the campaign. Other "science" themes could be super-science to create a battle suit, or being a gadgeteer, both of which I would allow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases