[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Erekose13

Explorer
*Sharilan, Aadin, Gren and Kalythar are seated at their table in the Stone Troll listening to the recruiter speak about the job he has to offer. Mr. Jonas serves another round of drinks while you are all pondering the prospects of joining up on this occasion.*

((Recent DM posts that are relevant:

As Kalythar settles in with Aadin, Sharilan, and Gren a man enters the tavern. He walks directly up to Mr. Jonas and speaks to him quietly. When he is finished Jonas points in your direction. The man dressed in a crimson cloak wears a short cropped beard and carries a short sword at his hip. He moves over to your table and announces, "Oy, are you seeking employment? This gentleman informed me that you might be looking for work. My employer is seeking people to guard his caravans travelling to the north to Ke-Donal, the mining town."

And

In responce to Aadin's question the man says, "Aye tomorrow. Wouldn't want to be leaving after dark, no fun in that. If you are interested I will return tomorrow morning to lead you to the place we is leavin' from. As you seem interested, I'll tell ya a bit more. The caravan will follow the road along the river north and west of the city. Take about, hmm, 3 days. Pass through the little Faen village and make a short stop there to pick up a few more goods. Ke-Donal is the mining town that has sprung up round the gold rush this summer. With winter coming on soon, master wants to bring his profits back to the city where they will be safe and accessable." ))

Everyone please check in here and then we are off :)

Out of Character thread
Rogues Gallery thread
In Character Thread - Malarky, Vand, Yajarn, and Finn
In Character Thread - Kelsis, Aadin, Gren, and Kalythar

Characters:
Kelsis the bright eyed, sibeccai akashic played by Isida Kep'Tukari
Aadin Lofgred, human runethane played by GladiusNP.
Gren, human wolf totem warrior played by Corinthi.
Kalythar, litorian mageblade played by DrSpunj.

Last edited:

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mageblade

Hmm. It might be good to get out of town for a short time and see if my recent training is worth anything out in the field. And if these three agree it'll give me a chance to see if I should try and stick with them. Besides, this is probably the last opportunity I'll have before winter sets in to get out and stretch my legs.

After draining his glass, he stands up and moves over to the gentleman, with his paw extended to shake hands. "Well, I'm up for it, if you'll have me. Name's Kalythar, with the Devanian War Guild. What's the pay like? How many other guards do you have? And are you expecting any trouble on the trip?"

Here! :)
(Pulled from Main Thread)

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane.

Aadin shifts slightly in his seat, and exhales slowly, a cloud of pipe smoke billowing out of his mouth, then swirling lazily to the floor.

"We do have business in the Faen village - how long were you planning on stopping over?"

As Kalythar asks his questions, Aadin nods slowly in agreement.

Erekose13

Explorer
In reply to Kalythar's questions, the man says, "Guard duty is a gold coin per day. As we expect to be gone for a total of 2 weeks, your pay will be 14 gold each. Bonus pay for any hazards encountered and for a safe mission will be given at the end of the contract. We currently have 2 other guards, so with the four of you it would be enough to make the journey. As far as expected trouble, we certainly hope that nothing unexpected will happen. Many other caravans are coming down from the mining town and a few of them have had run ins with bandits. So it is a possibility."

When Aadin asks his question, the man replies, "The Faen village, let me see," he says pulling out a small notepad, "we will be stopping there for a full day. We have some goods which the master would like to trade for some of the crafts that the faen create. We are on good terms with the village council and like to take our time there."

OOC: SubMensa, Corinthi? Are you two out there? I am hoping to get this party going at a bit faster pace now that it has a home of its own. If we dont here from you soon then I will take Kalythar and Aadin out on their own and then bring them together with the other party.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mageblade

"I can't speak for these others, as we've just started getting to know one another, but I for one would welcome a change of scenery."

With a deliberate wink he adds, "And to mayhaps meet some troublesome bandits firsthand!

His expression turning a bit more serious, "Where and when do you need me to report, sir?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"I will come by again in the morning to gather those who are ready for the journey. Anyone else interested? As I will need to see to some additional recruiting if the compliment is not filled." replies the recruiter.

Corinthi

First Post
Gren shifts lightly in his chair, reaching up to dig fingers through his unruly mass of hair. He sniffs lightly, head cocking to the side as if to take measure of the 'recruiter'. After listening to the other's questions and the gentleman's replies, Gren shrugs his broad shoulders and speaks simply in a voice that is half growl. "The road is easier than the city, and I am versed in the ways of hunting grazers. I feel there would be similarity in how bandits would hunt a caravan. I will go if the others do. I'm not prepared to splinter the pack as of yet."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Good then, it seems we have three. I will be on my way now and I will see you in the morning. Rest well for we start early. I have yet to find us a sixth guard, if your companion wishes to join as well let Mr. Jonas know. He can find me at any time." The man says before bowing and excusing himself.

[ooc: sorry for the lateness in the reply, taking a bit of a break for the holidays. Slower pace will continue till everyone is back on track.]

DrSpunj

Explorer
"Well, that's that then. Glad to share a drink with you all. I'll straighten the tab out with Mr. Jonas, consider it a "glad to know you" gesture among new friends and new colleagues. I hope to see you all in the morning, especially you, lass."

With a wink to Sharilan and a tip of his head to the two gentlemen Kalythar heads to the bar and pays his tab, picking up the cost of the drinks they've shared. He also thanks Mr. Jonas for pointing opportunity in his direction and lets him know he'll be out for a few days. Depending on how Mr. Jonas feels, Kalythar can clear out of the room in the morning and rent another upon his expected return.

Corinthi

First Post
Gren, Human Wolf Totem Warrior

Gren narrows his eyes slightly as he watches Kalythar head off to pay for his drinks. He scritches the back of his head with dirty nails and looks over toward Aadin.

"He purchases out repast, but we have done nothing for him. I am unused to gifts given without thought of return. Are such things common in these 'civilized' lands?"

Regardless of the response, Gren with gruffly excuse himself from the table shortly thereafter and heads out to the stables to lie in the hay near his wolf and away from people.

Last edited:

Remove ads