Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)

TracerBullet42

First Post
My roommate is considering picking up an Xbox. Mostly because he wants this game. I (naturally) am encouraging him to get it as it would allow me lots o' fun too. But I was wondering what y'all think of this game...

Is it worth getting the system for this game? What are some other good ones we should look at? (I already told him I'll buy "Kill Switch" if he gets the system after seeing the commercial...that looks cool!)

Thanks!

Shard O'Glase

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
My roommate is considering picking up an Xbox. Mostly because he wants this game. I (naturally) am encouraging him to get it as it would allow me lots o' fun too. But I was wondering what y'all think of this game...

Is it worth getting the system for this game? What are some other good ones we should look at? (I already told him I'll buy "Kill Switch" if he gets the system after seeing the commercial...that looks cool!)

Thanks!

its a great game but since it is out on PC I'm not sure if its a reason to get a system. But halo still kicks butt, halo2 should come out next year, morowind was fun for a while but the leveling mechinic is lame and gets very old IMO.

Most of my XBOX games are mutliplatform so unless you're consoleless I'm not going to come up with a good list of games that you need the xbox for.

Still here are some games some xbox exclusive, some multiplatform all of which I liked. I dug streets of LA except for the music thank god I could load my own music. DOA 3, DOA beach volletball, soulcalibur2, grand theft auto dual pack, D&D heroes, and if you get xbox live there's another group of games to get.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It's close. If you don't have enough of a PC to run KOTOR, then it's possibly worth it. Depends on how much of a Star Wars fan you are.

Another great game is Gladius (available on all consoles, actually).

Most multi-platform games are better on the Xbox because of custom soundtracks and better graphics. But unfortunately, these are not always the case (EA in particular is bad at Xbox games)

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Kill.Switch is commonly reffered to as an excellant rental. I hear it is really good, but short. You might consider renting it and save the big bucks for something like Morrowind, Ghost Recon or Spinter Cell.

Spinter Cell in particular is a very good game. And lets not forget Halo, which is considered by many, to be the best game on the Box.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Depending on the number of players available to play, Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance and D&D Heroes are great games for the x-box as well.

I own both the x-box and PS2 and will alway buy any multi-platform game on the x-box for the previously stated reasons.

Keia

John Crichton

First Post
I'd say go for it. KOTOR is an amazing game and well worth a system purchase at its current price. Other have mentioned Xbox games that are fun besides KOTOR so I won't bother going there.

shadowlight

First Post
If you're a Star Wars fan, it's definitely worth it. I'm a moderate SW fan and KotOR is the best RPG I've ever played (not perfect, but close). You've also got Jedi Outcast (excellent game), Jedi Academy, Clone Wars, and the upcoming Republic Commando.

If you're just an RPG & general video game fan (but not SW in particular), I'd still say it's worth it for some of the other great titles and XBox Live.

I bought my Box just for Halo and have had tons of fun with MechAssault as well.

But, this is coming from a guy who bought a Gamecube just to play Metroid Prime, so clearly I support buying a console for one game :D

Remove ads