Severe Injuries: What systems are out there?

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here could mention some existing rule sets for D&D/d20 that deal with serious injuries (loss of limbs/organs/senses/mobility, dehibilitating conditions, etc.). I'm not completely sure what effects certain conditions would have on game mechanics. For example, how would the loss of a hand effect skills like Climb of Craft, using weapons "two-handed" for a 1.5 time damage bonus from Strength, or fighting with 2 weapons (such as using a hook or "stump knife" in place of the missing limb)? Or how would the loss of an eye effect Search & Spot checks, much less ranged combat? Are there some injuries that are so severe that they would effectively end a character's adventuring career?

I'm sure that there may be some systems out there that adress this sort of thing---I'd just like to know where to look so I can compare and contrast them for myself.

Appreciate any info/advice/links/tips you can provide.

Silveras

First Post
You do know that there are some basics along this line in the DMG (3.0 pp. 64-65, 3.5 p. 27), yes ? Variant: Damage to Specific Areas.

There is also Bastion Press' "Torn Asunder".

Crothian

First Post
Torn Asunder is all about this type of thing. They have a working system for bringing this types of hits into the game and applying them to most creatures. They have classes that can take advantage of these attacks, have special healing rules making these injuries harer to fix, and it justy does a good job bringing nasty critical hits into the game.

Wycen

Explorer
The Lands of Molokai pdf has rules for broken bones and a spell specifically to repair this damage. You can find it at rpgnow...actually, you can't anymore. Maybe you can get a copy from the author: Strutinan@hotmail.com

I also recall seeing something similar in the Nyambe book, if I'm not mistaken.

Trainz

Explorer
FYI, putting someone's e-mail in a public place without that person's knowledge isn't the smartest of moves.

At least create a mailto: html tag, so that bots can't snag it and spam the hell out of it.

:)

Olive

Explorer
Crothian said:
Torn Asunder is all about this type of thing. They have a working system for bringing this types of hits into the game and applying them to most creatures. They have classes that can take advantage of these attacks, have special healing rules making these injuries harer to fix, and it justy does a good job bringing nasty critical hits into the game.

Does it have rules for broken bones?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases