Mike Mearls is now Full-Time Malhavoc Designer!

Henry

Autoexreginated
From the Front Page today of www.montecook.com:

December 11, 2003 (Renton, Wash.)—Monte Cook proudly announces today that respected d20 System author Mike Mearls will join him on the staff of Malhavoc Press as a game designer in 2004.

This is a first for Monte's publishing house, which has never before had need for more than one full-time designer. "Mike Mearls is, hands down, one of the rising stars of the d20 industry—if not the rising star," said Monte. "At Malhavoc we've always wanted to be able to publish more products while still maintaining the highest standards of quality, and with Mike on board, we will."

The arrangement is also a first for Mike, who has written or co-written more than 40 books in the game industry since 2000—always in a freelance capacity. "Working freelance is fun, but I feel like I've finally found a home in this industry," said Mike. "I've always had the deepest respect for Monte's work. Together, I think we're going to wow a lot of people,"

As a staff designer, Mike will write d20 material exclusively for Malhavoc Press.

All I can say is --- Congratulations, Mike! You are an awesome designer, and now that Monte's reputation is in part riding on you, I expect EVEN BETTER things out of you!!!! :D

Seriously, I'm glad to hear the news, and am glad to see it.

Looking VERY forward to the Legacy of Dragons, and the Power of Word and Rune.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Piratecat said:
I think this is fantastic news. Good choice, Monte!
Wow! Most excellent Mike! Congrats!

This will make Malhavoc one of the most mechanically strong D20 publishers.

Curious, will Mike continue to work freelance in his 'free' time?

MEG Hal

First Post
Beautiful move on both of your parts....
congrats!

*Looks at Malhavoc for an art director position ;) *

Great news for the RPG community as a whole!

Henry

Autoexreginated
2WS-Steve said:
w00+!!

And a big congrats out to Mike and Malhavoc. I look forward to seeing the release schedule.

Incidentally, over on Monte's site, there is a release schedule of what Mearls is going to be working on - I just didn't post it for the sake of brevity. jsut start at www.montecook.com and work to the Press releases section.

tburdett

Explorer
"As a staff designer, Mike will write d20 material exclusively for Malhavoc Press."

I looked at the release schedule and all I see is stuff for AU. Is that all he is going to be able to work on? It will be really unfortunate if that is the case, as I am not at all interested in AU.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Hmmm. On the down side, this means that he won't be writing for other companies. Pretty much the only good stuff in the one word AEG books came from him.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases