none@none.com

LightPhoenix

First Post
So I went to retrieve my password for the Sci-Fi site (since I haven't bothered to change it from the random letters and numbers). I then received an e-mail from none@none.com with my password. I just found it amusing. :)

Michael Morris

First Post
LightPhoenix said:
So I went to retrieve my password for the Sci-Fi site (since I haven't bothered to change it from the random letters and numbers). I then received an e-mail from none@none.com with my password. I just found it amusing. :)

That's PostNuke's default master admin address. The Sci Fi admins are still picking straws to determine who's account gets all the crash notices :p

Ryan Koppenhaver

First Post
Michael_Morris said:
That's PostNuke's default master admin address. The Sci Fi admins are still picking straws to determine who's account gets all the crash notices :p

Meanwhile, the poor person who really does have that address gets all the bounces. (Not that he or she doesn't already get a boatload of junk email from people signing up for other stuff with that address, I'm sure.)

Tsk.

<pedantic>

If anyone cares, the canonical way to construct a non-existant email address is to use the top level domain ".invalid" (e.g. "whatever@whatever.invalid"), though the domains ".test", ".example", ".example.com", ".example.net", and ".example.org" are all also reserved and can be safely used for this purpose.

see RFC 2606

</pedantic>

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases