Magical Deadweight, new magical property...

RisnDevil

First Post
I have thought of a new magical property, for use with v3.5, and need some help. Here goes:

Deadweight

Only Two Handed melee weapons can be imbued with this ability. A charactor CANNOT use a deadweighted weapon made for a size category larger than him or her, even with the appropriate negatives. If a character picks up a deadweight weapon made for a person smaller than him, the weapon magically readjust itself so that it must still be used with two hands. A deaweighted weapon has X2 added to its critical. Example: A Deadweighted Greataxe does X5 critical.

So here is my dilemma. I know that this ability is powerful, but I fell like instead of having the weapon as a +X, I am wanting to have it as +XX,XXXgp base price. What do you guys think? WHat plus would you give it, if you think that is better, or what additional gp amount would you make it? Thanks in advance.

AeroDm

First Post
Why don't you want it to be a + weapon? Keen, which I consider its near quivalent, is based on the + system and IIRC the +XX,XXX was used only for properties on armor that were more akin to magic items occupying a slot. I would make this a +2 weapon modifier seeing as it is in essence twice as good as keen.

The Iron Mark

First Post
The about this ability is that it is far better for a Falchion than a Scythe, while Keen is equally good for both, mathematically. The only way to balance it out is so it does (2*original crit mulitplier)-1. That means X2 does X3, X3 does X5, and X4 does X7. It is a little much though. Think about it.

Centaur

First Post
I have to agree with Iron Mark in that this ability may be too much for weapons that already have high threat ranges such as Falchions and Great Swords.

I also think that it would have to be a +x modifier so at to keep the limit of +10 on th weapon and keep things from getting out of hand.

If you do anything at all, I think it should add +1 to the critical multiplier and have a cost modifier of +2.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
In my campaigns, "Vorpal" is a magic quality (equivalent to +1) that can be added to any weapon. It increases the critical multiplier of the weapon by one.
The reputation for Vorpal weapons beheading their targets is due to the massive damage these weapons can do on a critical hit.

A weapon may be both Keen and Vorpal, but once a weapon has one enhancement, the other enhancement costs as much as an extra +2 enhancement bonus.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases