Converting X1-The Isle of Dread

slingbld

Explorer
Giant Lizards: Use Normal Lizards, scale them up 1-2 HD This should increase them 1 size category

Giant Scorpion (can be replaced by Large Monstrous Scorpion I think)
I agree there

Snakes (I need to work out equivelent snake types in the MMI, should be no problem
Spitting Cobra
Pit Viper
Giant Rattlesnake
Rock Python
I would have to agree here. I would just make some minor modifications or just use a generic "snake" with all of them.

Spiders, Giant (same as snakes)
Crab Spider
Black Widow Spider
Tarantella
Ditto
Slingbld

Khayman

First Post
getting lost at sea

Most times you just want to boxed text the getting lost part --- i.e., it just happens. A bit of the old deus ex machina, though if the characters are simply passengers on someone else's ship (who then gets lost) the logic doesn't strain as visibly.

If you are desperate for mechanics, there are third-party rules for navigation. Check out Skull & Bones (Green Ronin) and Broadsides (Living Imagination). I'm more familiar with Broadsides, which has extremely detailed navigation & piloting rules --- probably too detailed for the task at hand but its a good read.

Looking forward to the conversion!

Elthbert

First Post
So is anyone still interested in trying to convert this module? Specifically the alteration of the snake and spider in the MM to the variations in the adventure seems a good place to start.

Mortis

First Post
It would be good to see more Mystaran modules converted to 3.0/3.5.

Sea navigation etc is probably covered in Stormwrack.

A list of converted Mystaran creatures can be found here

Regards
Mortis

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases