Transformers or G.I. Joe?

G.I. Joe or Transformers d20?

• Robots in Disguise!

Votes: 69 66.3%
  • Yo Joe!

Votes: 35 33.7%

Hardhead

Explorer
Imagine that Hasbro was going to parley one of it's sucessful toy lines into a RPG in an effort to repackage our childhoods and sell them back to us (which I would be more than happy to support, BTW).

The obvious question is: G.I. Joe or Transformers?

John Crichton

First Post
More than meets the eye.

I love TF so much that a friend and I tried to make an RPG out of it in college. We stopped when we realized we were the only ones who would be able to play it because of the licence.

I would buy a TF sourcebook in a heartbeat. :cool:

Spatula

Explorer
GI Joe can already be easily done with any game system that allows high-tech military action. All that missing is stats for the canonical characters & equipment, but really you can do that yourself.

Giant shape-shifting robots, on the other hand, haven't gotten as much RPG play. So I'd have to vote in favor of Transformers.

Taren Nighteyes

First Post
Absolutely Transformers!

G.I. Joe can be done with Spycraft, d20 Modern and d20 Future when it comes out. (I'm sure there are others)

Besides- The original cartoon rocked!

Taren Nighteyes

Grand_Director

Explorer
Transformers. I own every comic from the 80's. My first TF toy was Sunstreak. Sunday mornings were better than Saturday mornings because of TF. When the cartoon went to a five days a week format, I thought it was the best thing ever. Even now I have several TF tee shirts I wear.

Transformers made me what I am today. It started me reading, collecting comics, building my vocabulary, understanding the paceing of a story, acting (I would role play the stories), meeting new friends through our mutual love of all things TF and writing. The first time I used a news group was alt.Transformers. To this day I follow Transformers news where ever it may be.

Sunday mornings were better than Saturday mornings because of TF. When the cartoon went to a five days a week format, I thought it was the best thing ever.

Same here.

I remember skipping my home work so I could study all the names and abilities of the transformers instead. :cool:

TiQuinn

And knowing is half the battle!

I dug the TF cartoon, but the toys were lame. You transformed them into robots, and then MAYBE you could move their arms to do something. G.I. Joe, OTOH, was a helluva lot more fun to play with. And the comic book absolutely rocked for the first 30 issues or so.

EDIT: All rumors that I had a crush on Lady Jaye are absolutely, completely UNTRUE!

It was Scarlet. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads