Necromancer Build - any help?

LGodamus

First Post
Nightfall said:
LG,

In your opinion. Besides those legions spells...are a little much even for a necro-freak like me. But in any case I didn't come here for a fight. I will say if Olive want to use this one or the Dragon ones, go ahead.

Im not tryin to fuss with you ..I am just trying to let you know I had the same knee jerk reaction to seein them on paper...and they just dont play out to be unbalanced.....

and by the way the legion spells are OGC they originally came from mongoose's necro book......besides the fact that they have such prohibitive XP cost that no one can even cast them .

Spatula

Explorer
Inconsequenti-AL said:
AFAIK, the main reason for the cleric levels, in 3.0 ed, was that you couldn't get hold of the 'create undead' spells as a wizard. Been added to wizard list in 3.5, so possible to be a perfectly good necromancer as a single class wizard, although you would lack the turn/rebuke of a cleric.
There's a necromancy spell in Tome & Blood that allows a wizard to rebuke undead, as I recall.

Olive

Explorer
Time to resurect:

Now I know that people said that wizards make fine necromancers now that create undead is a wizard spell, but surely the lack of command/rebuke undead means that they don't?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Olive said:
Time to resurect:

Now I know that people said that wizards make fine necromancers now that create undead is a wizard spell, but surely the lack of command/rebuke undead means that they don't?

bah, check out the 2nd level spell command(control?) undead. Against brainless undead there is no save and it lasts for freakin days. I don't know go on a hill giant(wooly mamoths whatever you want) killing spree animate them and then cast this to keep control of them. This will easily bypass the HD limit of animate dead and easily surpass the HD limit of evil clerics even with commanded undead on there side. Add in extend spell and you can have an small army of high HD undead. Bust out the fabricate spells so your giants are in full plate, and got big weapons and its reall sick.

Against intelligent undead it works like a charm spell sure not as good as a command from a cleric but still fairly good especially for a 2nd level spell.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Trust me there are ways to control undead in this edition and even back in 3.0 that were decent for what a wizard/sorcerer needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases