Need dark, gothic-feel music

Xar

First Post
I need some dark, gothic-feel background music for my next gaming session. Something that resembles O Fortuna or the LotR soundtrack (the spooky parts with the Ringwraiths). Modern music is also good, as long as it is gritty and disturbing, without any silly lyrics (something you could use on an Event Horizon-like adventure). Songs in Latin are the best.

Any suggestions?

ninjajester

First Post
black aria by danzig if you can find it. bladerunner soundtrack may be too futuristic but could work. conan the barbarian soundtrack is always good. surprisingly, the interview with the vampire soundtrack works well too, as long as you cut it off before axl rose starts in on sympathy for the devil...

Claude Raines

First Post
Well, I guess you could try Gregorian chants. . . They're in latin and have a definite lonely feel to them, especially if they were recorded in a cathedral to give the resonance of the building an important role. For something with actual music, I might suggest Henryk Gorecki. His Symphony No. 3 (Symphony of the Sorrowful) actually crossed over to pop music charts when it was released in the early nineties. Also his composition titled Misere is equally dark and lamenting.

cybernetic

Explorer
Xar said:
I need some dark, gothic-feel background music for my next gaming session. Something that resembles O Fortuna or the LotR soundtrack (the spooky parts with the Ringwraiths). Modern music is also good, as long as it is gritty and disturbing, without any silly lyrics (something you could use on an Event Horizon-like adventure). Songs in Latin are the best.

Any suggestions?

My band SlaveStitched might help you out....you can listen/download our mp3's from our site www.slavestitched.com

The Omen soundtrack
The Omen III soundtrack
The Omen IV soundtrack
Elizabeth soundtrack
Anything by Dead Can Dance
Anything by Vas (although they're not as spooky as DCD)

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows (some very strange German gothic/medieval music, always creepy)

Sisters of Mercy (First and Last and Always, Floodland albums)

Nosferatu (Inside the Devil is their best song, followed by The Wicker Man)

Gothic Rock I and II (2 CD compilation sets from Cleopatra Records, includes Ave Dementia by the Marionettes and Inside the Devil/Wicker Man by Nosferatu)

Undead (Dressed to Kill Records UK 3 CD compilation box set)

Flesheaters (Dressed to Kill Records UK 3 CD compilation box set)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases