Another example of D&D in the mainstream

Quasqueton

First Post
Last night, on my way home from work, I heard a DJ talking about the latest Lord of the Rings movie. He mentioned how RotK was already getting great reviews.

He said, "Pick your girlfriend up and go see this movie."

Then he added, "And call your Dungeon Master to see if he wants to go with you."

Quasqueton

Altalazar

First Post
Quasqueton said:
Last night, on my way home from work, I heard a DJ talking about the latest Lord of the Rings movie. He mentioned how RotK was already getting great reviews.

He said, "Pick your girlfriend up and go see this movie."

Then he added, "And call your Dungeon Master to see if he wants to go with you."

Quasqueton

And hey, if you read between the lines, it is a positive remark - he's indicating that a typical gamer DOES have a girlfriend (unlike past stereotypes of living in one's parents' basement...) :D

mmadsen

First Post
Altalazar said:
And hey, if you read between the lines, it is a positive remark - he's indicating that a typical gamer DOES have a girlfriend (unlike past stereotypes of living in one's parents' basement...) :D
You'll note that the casual game player has a girlfriend. His dungeonmaster pal tags along. ;)

psychognome

First Post
It's sad, but true, that I actually went to see the film with my Dungeon Master instead of my girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to wait until the DVD comes out, so I can sit her through nine hours of cinematic goodness. :D

Kender42

Explorer
psychognome said:
It's sad, but true, that I actually went to see the film with my Dungeon Master instead of my girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to wait until the DVD comes out, so I can sit her through nine hours of cinematic goodness. :D
Girlfriend?

I think I remember what one of those is. :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm planning to go see it with my DM instead of my wife... but then, my wife can't stomach a 3 1/2 hour movie, no matter WHAT the subject.

Taelorn76

First Post
I saw it with my DM as well as the others in our group.

Also Howard Stern had a lengthy discussion on D&D earlier this as well. Though it was not very positive.

Remove ads