(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Pomarj?

This is the same country that we have been at peace with, for several months, prior to now?

This is the same country... but not the same ruler. I see. I understand.

Friends, allies - the time has come to reveal this traitor... but not just to reveal him, but to also destroy him.

Leader of the Pomarj, I give you an ultimatum. Come to the Lortmils alone, without any of your staff, and surrender yourself to us. Disarm your peoples. Destroy your weaponry. And no harm shall come to you.

Take your pick. You have not the strength to stand up against my might. Give in, and you shall be spared - don't, and none of your nation will survive.

William Ronald

Explorer
Well, I will formally apologize for the actions of my faction.

If they ask me to leave, I leave.

I actually thought there was a war being waged against them and offered help. So much for my good intentions.

I still offer them full disclosure of what has occurred. I don't know if peace is possible, but I will make the effort.

This is what I get for e-mailing without reading the boards.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well, William, they point out, under a banner of truce, that three separate Powers have set up bases on their continent.
By force, and after driving off the native people.

They want those bases gone, and the Oeridians who set them up, gone with them.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:

I will say this again, to Kaboom, Alyx, William, Serpenteye, and Anabstercorian:

The native people are fighting you.
And winning, too.

With their magic and their weapons, they drive your forces offshore, and you suffer heavy losses.
They shoot messages via arrows out to your ships, and the message is:

Our only forces on the continent are missionaries, diplomats and their bodyguards. There is no invasion army, there never was.

We try to resume peaceful negotiations with the native nations but if they insist that we leave we will do so.

William, we never intended to start a war over this. Do you consider sending diplomats and missionaries to foreign nations and withdrawing them when the host request that they leave an act of war?

William Ronald

Explorer
Archcleric Hazen sends messages to Thayadon Fasfoni, Jand the Red Elf, and the God Emperor of the Dark Union. I also send the same messages to the representatives of the people of AnaKeri.

"The peoples of AnaKeri have requested us to leave. In the interests of peace with them and with each other, I suggest we do so."

"If they wish us to have embassies, let us set them up where they request, and interact with them as they wish. If they wish us to leave, then I believe we should respect their wishes. I have stated that I did not wish Oerth to be a colony of another world. In light of this, how can I support any effort to deny the people of AnaKeri the rights I claim that my people possess."

"For know we have much greater issues and threats closer to home. I wish all of you well and the people of AnaKeri well."

I ask that if any representatives of the native peoples wish to send an embassy to my lands, I would be honored to do so. If they wish me to leave, I will respect their wishes. I thought they were under attack.

Also, with the threats we face back on the Oerik Continent, we do not need to fight each other here.

I also share the knowledge of what has happened with them. My representatives will not lie to them and submit to any magical scan that the native peoples desire to prove that we are not lying to them.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The natives then bring forward proof of their accusations.

It is a banner.

It reads:

Eternal Empire of Toril

- - -

Then they bring forth more proof.

It is a piece of ice, which for some reason is not melting in the tropical sun.
Carved on it are words, which, when translated, read: Inor Taladost

- - -

Then they bring forth MORE proof.

Another banner. It reads: Saermont

- - -

The native people state that they were attacked by men wielding wands of death, ice people who threw webs of cold, and giants wielding swords.
This, they ask, is friendship?
This, is what Oerik chooses to send?
This, is how Oerik greets strangers?

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Serpenteye:

No, I do not. I sent the e-mail before I read the boards and presumed the worst. (You do have to admit, out of character, that your past actions have given some people cause for skepticicism. In light of this, perhaps you can understand some of the reaction you and Mr. Draco received earlier in this interview.)

I am offering a public out of character apology to you. I think we have to respect these people's rights.

We have much bigger problems closer to home.

As this is an out of character mistake, I hope that this will end here.

Archcleric Hazen sends a message to the God Emperor of the Union of Oerth.

"Your majesty, early intelligence reports were incomplete. So, if I misjudged you based on those reports, I ask your pardon. I believe we should speak with the peoples of AnaKeri if they wish. Or leave if they desire it."

"For now, we have common enemies who will seek to rule or devour us all. I have no desire to fight you in this matter, but I believe the resources of both the Union of Oerth and the Oerth Alliance are best used in dealing with problems closer to home."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases