(IR) IR Interlude Turn 4 - 5 (thread 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kaboom, we are not trying to "drag these people into war"

We are but offering them the opportunity to gain the benefits of being citizens of the Union of Oerth: protection, technology, well being, etc...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(I am stating the following based on e-mails sent to me, and after making rulings on those e-mails.)

- - -

Bad news, GnomeWorks.

When the nuclear device is all ready, you ship it out, as a gesture of peace and friendship to the Union of Oerth.
It arrives, with your entourage, in the secret laboratories of a Union military base.
Union military officials are on hand, and it is a solemn, serious moment.

A moment when two Great Powers meet, and exchange handshakes, and sit down as if it were a summit.
Such is the moment when your emissaries shake hands with those of the Union of Oerth.

Then the bomb detonates.

End of Lortmil Technomancy diplomats.
End of Union diplomats.
End of Union military base.

(And someone in the IR - not your Moderator - will be laughing long and hard, when he reads this)

Alyx

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Suddenly Ahlissa teleports to conference. The person who accompanies her is no one else than Melf Brightblade, now a Shade, and he smiles maliciously to The Red Elf.

The Red Elf winces, as if crippled by a sudden all-consuming pain. Then he straightens, and stares at the shade of his former ally, Prince Melf of the Knights of Luna. His words, however, are guided at Ahlissa with the accuracy of an elven arrow.

'You think you hurt me with such petty actions? Perhaps you do. Perhaps some deep, innate sense of sadness over a fallen comrade has been triggered by your senseless twisting of this particular knife. But you cannot conquer me by pain.

'A dozen fellow adventurers have died in front of my very eyes, all of them true friends. I have sent armies to their deaths, both before and after this war began. I have seen fiends of evil power tear apart the souls I hold dear.

'No, the pain you inflict is a temporary one, as much as you hate to think so. Your precious shades, as much as you hate to hear it, cannot inflict lasting harm on this elven adventurer. Yes, you hate. You hate until nothing is left but hate.

'I will not say that you will die for this deed, because you will die for many deeds. I am content in the satisfaction that you are already doomed to fail, and that you know it; even if your conscious mind is not aware of such a fact.

'I do not pity you. But I do consider you pitiful. And that is a subtle distinction that nonetheless holds a great deal of meaning.

'I do not hate. But perhaps this once, I will loathe. Loathe you, and your empty, cruel actions'

With these words, the Red Elf falls silent. His stare does not relax. It is the stare of an eternal, standing, stone.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The new continent has 5 separate nations of people - at least, these are the nations readily apparent!
All of them are enemies, or at least unfriendly, to those who have arrived - for they have had to deal with you before, and the dealing was not so good.

If you wish to attack and conquer them, these nations have PLs of 15, 20, 17, 25, and 35 respectively.
The native people are Polynesian in their appearance.
The native elves are high elves or wild elves.
The native gnomes live amongst the humans.
The native halflings are Wild Halflings, and live in their own nations in the forests.
There do not seem to be any native dwarves, Kaboom.

The climate of this new land is tropical, fading to subtropical as one travels southward, then finally to temperate.
It is a large continent, larger than the Flanaess.
It is full of strange animals and plants that do not exist on Oerik.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
( Then the bomb detonates.
End of Lortmil Technomancy diplomats.
End of Union diplomats.
End of Union military base.
)

A small, isolated and temporary base set up specifically for that transfer. We certainly do not trust anybody enough to let them into one of our more permanent bases. Nor would we store such a weapon in an important facility before it had been studied thououghly to learn how it functions and wether it is trapped in any way.
Investigations are started to find the cause of the accident. For now no blame is put on the technomancy, unless we find conclusive evidence that they deliberately set it off. We do, however request reparations and compensation for the damage caused to our lands and people.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Hmmm ... scrying and divination magic shows that, a piece of Red Goo erupted from the floor itself, got onto the bomb, then went into the bomb.
The bomb's alarms went off.
The monitors in the Lortmil Technomancy realized the bomb was being tampered with.
Since they were under orders to detonate the bomb if it was being tampered with, that is just what they did.

Further investigation shows a vein of Red Goo extends straight up into the supposedly secret military base, straight from the Underdark.
A vein that is a part of the latticework of Red Goo that now permeates much of the world.

However, Red Goo has never before been known to move of it's own accord.

- - -

Kaboom, the people will not willingly ally with the Sky-Sea League.
They state that enemy humans and elves have attacked them, killed their people, and built bases on their land.
They want the invaders out of their land, and they want them out now.

If your Sky-Sea League would help them in kicking out the invaders - including the missionaries of the Union of Oerth - then they might befriend you and ally with you.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
A long way away, on a land far, far to the east...

The archcleric Anfaren consulted with those few elves of Varnaith and the Lendores already on the island. Discovering the extent of the Union of Oerth's actions on this land, the archcleric nodded grimly.

'Perhaps it is time to return to preaching and rid myself of war. Then again, in this case, preaching and war may be the same thing.'

Edena, Anfaren the archcleric and the elves exploring the island are going to begin their own campaign of information. Without a large force, we will attempt to stay as far away from the missionaries of the Union as possible, while attempting to convert the natives to our cause. Anfaren has had a lot of practice with such things, as an elven archcleric of this world, so I imagine our efforts shall be fairly extensive.

As Anfaren is a cleric with the favor of his god, and very high level, he'll likely be able to perceive any attacks against his band before it happens and either: A: Summon more help to fight them off (if it seems likely such a tactic would work), or B: Get the heck out of dodge.

More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases