I am DMing my first session...

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Well, my older brother told me that since i probably knew the rules better than him. That maybe i should give DMing a try. So, i am DMing my first session. I am just going to do a simple dungeon crawl. Although, the "dungeon", will be the home an a mad inventor. They will fight all kinds of constructs and stuff. I am drawing out the dungeon right now. I have about two hours before the session begins. I will let everybody know how it goes. The party at ths session will consist of a 10th level Wild Elf Druid, a 10th level Human Monk, and a 10th level Human Bard(my older brother).

I hope this goes well.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
Ah the memories of my first try at DMing... :) I wish you luck. I started doing that job almost twenty years ago and I haven't look back. Now if only Julie (my wife) could get the DMing bug, I could maybe play a PC a little more often :D.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Well, i think it went fairly well. My players had fun, even though the Bard played his character more like Neutral Evil, rather than Chaotic Neutral.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
It took me about 12 years to get from being a terrible DM to being a sort of okay DM... hopefully you'll travel the path faster than I did! ;)

Best wishes, Galeros. Being the DM is one of the best things in the world. :D

Cheers!

AeroDm

First Post
After you've DMed a few sessions and you feel like you are ready to start a campaign, make sure you start at low levels. It allows you to grow along with the characters so as they gain more and more abilities, you are better able to handle more and more abilities. Good luck and don't give up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases