D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Assassin

Thistleknot

First Post
I was working on converting a character of mine from 3.0 to 3.5, and I was wondering about something in the Assassin class.

It says that an Assassin casts spells like a Bard. Bards do not suffer spell failure for spells while wearing light armor or using a shield.

Does the same hold true for an Assassin? Does an Assassin have no arcane spell failure while wearing light armor?

Thank you for your time.

Quez The Lame

First Post
Assassins are roguelike characters that are likely to be trained to wear light armor. They are at least as combat oriented as bards are, so I would grant them the ability to ignore light armor for spellcasting.

Last edited:

Darklone

Well. Nothing in the rules to back it up. I wouldn't allow it.

Btw: Which real assassin needs armour? One shot and the dude's dead or you're doing something wrong. Ah, it's a 500hp hero of the realm with saves like a god? Your mother told ya to learn a REAL job.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Darklone said:
Well. Nothing in the rules to back it up. I wouldn't allow it.

Btw: Which real assassin needs armour? One shot and the dude's dead or you're doing something wrong. Ah, it's a 500hp hero of the realm with saves like a god? Your mother told ya to learn a REAL job.

please a 1st level commoner has a decent chance to save vs the death attack, he'd get smoked by the collateral sneak attack damage sure but the death blow ability isn't that good. And to top it off since its at least in 3e mellee only, you'd need that armor for when the guards kick your butt right after you wack the rich merchant.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases