Looking to run a second game...[Poll Closed 12/27]

Which game(s) look(s) the most interesting?

• Homebrew D&D 3.5

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • D&D 3.5/Call of Cthulhu in the Forgotten Realms

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Horror in Victorian Boston (d20 Modern or Call of Cthulhu)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Gritty Mutants & Masterminds in Boston

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Urban Arcana/Shadow Chasers in Chapel Hill

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Arcana Unearthed

Votes: 3 10.7%

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Update: I'll be running a D&D game in my homebrew (see option 1). Link to recruiting thread to follow.

Link: Recruiting Thread

Hey. I just got the urge to run a second game online. I've got a lot of books that I haven't used yet that I'd like to use (since I spent the money, I want to use them). Here're the things I'm thinking about running...I'd mainly like to gauge interest in something and see what folks think (and see if anyone's interested). None of these games would start until sometime in mid-January (I'd need to do some research for some of them, so...). I'm looking at running a one shot or maybe even a short campaign at first, and then moving on from there.

1. D&D 3.5 in my homebrew world. I'm using it for my Life's Bazaar PbP game, but I want to test out some things and make it more like the world I see in my head when I envision it: slightly darker and grittier and with more prominent politics. Oh, and psionics. It'd be all core and Malhavoc for rules.

2. D&D 3.5/Call of Cthulhu in the FR (Impiltur?). I feel like I've got some leftover business from my long dead Dead of Winter game. Would also be interested in setting this game in Amn/Tethyr/etc. This'd use the core rules, some CoC rules, and the FR stuff that I own.

3. Horror (CoC or d20 Modern) in 19th century Boston (post Civil War, likely somewhere in the 1870s or later). Would take a lot of research, but would be fun. I've always wanted to do this, and I can see either rule set working really well, although I slightly prefer the d20 Modern rules, as I could more easily meld in the CoC rules I like with it than vice versa, IMO.

4. Mutants & Masterminds. Kind of a grittier game, probably would use Boston as a setting (I'm most familiar with that city as lived there for about 5 years). My favorite storyline in a comic book was Dark Knight, Dark City, which, IIRC, was in Batman and Detective Comics sometime in the early 1990s. That'd be what I'd be aiming for with this game.

5. Urban Arcana set in Chapel Hill. This'd probably be a little bit slanted towards the Shadowchasers setting a bit. I've given this idea the least thought so far, but it wouldn't take much time to get it going, I don't think.

6. Arcana Unearthed. I have it, I'll run it, but I'd rather run something else.

Anyhow, let me know. If there's sufficient interest in one and not another, we'll run with it. :)

best,
tKL

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

As a side note, I intentionally set up the poll to take multiple responses. I'll probably leave this sucker up for another week or so, after that I'll start to work on recruiting and planning. I'm eventually hoping for four to six players.

Best,
tKL

mpickett81

First Post
I picked the Urban Arcana, if only because I'm in Chapel Hill as well (well, Carrboro, but we all know that difference if purely superficial).

EDIT: Just realized you're the tkl from the other board

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Yup, that's me. :) Just an FYI for anyone looking at this thread, one vote for the homebrew, the horror, and the Urban Arcana game came from me (I got sick of having to click view results every single time I came to this thread in order to find out what folks thought). They won't count in the final analysis, but I thought y'all should know that the results were a little bit off (which is fine, this isn't a scientific poll).

best,
tKL

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
I voted for the homebrew 3.5, but if there was an opening in your other game, I could be persuaded to shift that vote for something else..:)

V

Old Fezziwig

Currently there's not an opening, Verbatim, but if you don't mind waiting, I always like to have alternates, especially where I seem to lose players at a pretty steady rate to RL concerns. :) I should also add that my personal preferences aren't necessarily towards the games that I checked--I just went down the list and checked every other option. :p

Best,
tKL

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases