CW - Arcane Strike feat

Crothian

First Post
Elder-Basilisk said:
Eek! A great feat for almost any arcane caster.... I think not. It's a great feat for Arcane Casters who plan on mixing it up in melee combat with moderate regularity.

Well, mages don't plan to get into melee the problem is that their enemeies plan to engage them with melee. The feat gives the wizard the option of having a chance in melee instead of just hoping that he never has to go into melee.

Crothian

First Post
LokiDR said:
Given the options available to a wizard, staying out of melee is more than viable.

That gets into more campaign specifics and the style of the DM. This is not a must have feat, if it were it'd be too good. But it is one that most wizards should at least consider depending on the style of their own game.

LokiDR

First Post
Crothian said:
That gets into more campaign specifics and the style of the DM. This is not a must have feat, if it were it'd be too good. But it is one that most wizards should at least consider depending on the style of their own game.
Would it be "must have" if you could use it more than once a round?

James McMurray

First Post
LokiDR said:
I'm wondering if there isn't a different abuse of this particular feat that has not been mentioned. The feat is a free action to activate. What stops you from using all of your spells if you want to? Free action, unnamed bonus, limit of bonus of your BAB per use. What am I missing here?

Unnamed bonuses from the same source do not stack, thus you'd only get the benefit from the highest level slot you converted.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
James McMurray said:
Unnamed bonuses from the same source do not stack, thus you'd only get the benefit from the highest level slot you converted.
Actually I believe that with the RAW, that only applies to spells.

Stalker0

Legend
I think its a terrific feat for fighter/mages and bards. Sure, as someone pointed out it becomes very powerful when you start dumping high level spells for it, but isnt that what a fighter/mage should really be all about? They should be more powerful than a straight fighter.... BUT ON A LIMITED BASIS. They run out of spells, and then fall behind... while teh true fighter gets it done all day... and has more tactics.

Personally, I think any fighter/mage should take this feat.

Darklone

Well, I'm not yet in the region where players can rely on having too many spell slots per day (level 10)... so I am not sure whether they would want to use this feat too often.

But especially these EK/sorcerer builds may tend to pick up more utility spells and rely on the feat for damage. Hmm. They have to enter melee with buff spells? I don't mind :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases