G.I. JOE [Spycraft] RECRUITMENT

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
I am recruiting players for a G.I. JOE Campaign using the AEG SPYCRAFT System.

At a time of present day terrorist attacks, special forces video games and the incredible 80's nostalgia revival, I cannot think of a better game to be a part of! The campaign setting will be "modern day." The team will be facing Cobra forces. The game is not planned to be a total shoot-out from begining to end, nor will it have laser guns shooting down pilotless planes. This will be a modern military adventure with action, mystery and ROLE-PLAYING!

Spycraft was picked because I believe it is the best system for G.I. Joe. It is broad in scope, lets players choose many character details and was designed with G.I. Joe in mind! A similar game was initiated by BrotherShatterstone and I have included the players who signed up for that game as plank-owners of this thread. If you are interested in joining up just post to let me know what character you are interested in. If we have too many recruits then either I will pick who is best suited for the mission or another GM (B.S.?) can run a second campaign with part of the group.

CHARACTER CREATION
*Character choices must be existing G.I. Joe members. I will post a list of who has been picked. (Check out yojoe.com for ideas)

*8th level characters. I will accept the 10th level characters that were made for BrotherShatterstone's game.

*36 point buy Attribute system, using the costs from the Players Handbook.

*Remember that you gain Attribute points and Feats as listed in the Players Handbook.

*Equipment will be purchased as normal. The existing bundles cost 25 budget points and each character will be issued a 'Joe Bundle' at no cost.

There is a ridiculous amount of potential for this game, I really hope to see it do well.
Looking forward to seeing who we get (Players and characters!)!

NUKE

Current Recruits:
Brother Shatterstone: Torpedo
Grayh; Rock n' Roll
Samurai Jack31; Beach Head
Mordhiem; Tripwire
Snakesau; Sci-Fi
blackshirt5; Hit & Run
Buzzard: Lowlight
Douane: Spirit
Roy: Falcon

Keia: Ambush
GoldenEagle: Rapid Fire

New Recruits:
Ahzad: Cross Hair

Operation Pandora's Box: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1311257#post1311257
Team Roster: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73201

Attachments

• JoePost.jpg
    JoePost.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm interesting in playing as well. Ambush will be ready to roll (assuming anyone ever finds him ;))

Keia

GoldenEagle

First Post
I have Rapid Fire done (I thought it was bullet proof, sorry).

I'll post him in the RG. I am waiting to see what is in the Joe bundle before picking equipment and finalizing stats/skills

GE

GoldenEagle

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
I have Rapid Fire done (I thought it was bullet proof, sorry).

I'll post him in the RG. I am waiting to see what is in the Joe bundle before picking equipment and finalizing stats/skills

GE
Couldn't find the RG. HEre is the rough copy

Rapid Fire
Captain Robbie London (0-3)
Medal of Honor Winner
Soldier 10
Department: Military Operations

STR 14
DEX 16
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 14
CHA 14

Vitality
Wounds
Defense
Initiative:
BAB: +10
-Unarmed:
-Melee:
-Ranged:
Speed:

FORT:
REFL:
WILL:

BONUS FEATS:
Armor Proficiency: Light, Medium, Heavy
Weapon Group Proficiency: Hurled, Melee, Handgun, Rifle, Tactical
Accurate
Damage Reduction 1/-
Armor Use (+2)
Weapon Specialization (2)
Portable Cover (1/4)
Police Training / Adv. Police Training
Zen Focus
Point Blank Shot
Precise Shot
Marksman
Sharpshooter
Far Shot
Extreme Range
Increased Precision
Sniper
Bull’s eye

(Assumed 2 extra feats mentioned by Bro Shatter.)

SKILLS:
Balance +8
Climb +15
Demolitions +6
First Aid +6
Hide +5
Jump +7
Sport (Skydiving) +8
Spot +9
Survival +6
Tumble +8
Use Rope +13
Listen +7
Move Silently +16
Open Lock +9
Search +12
Spot +14
Survival +6
Tumble +9

Native Languages:
English

EQUIPMENT

SOCOM .45 ACP 1d12 damage threat 19-20*
- (5) 10 round magazines
- Silencer
Colt M4A1 SOPMOD 5.56mm 4d4 +2 damage threat 20*
- Telescopic Sight
- (10) 30 round magazines
- w/M203 40mm Grenade Launcher
o Requisition 12 Grenades after Briefing
Kevlar BDUs*
Kevlar Helmet*
Encrypted Tactical Radio (headset)*
2 Fragmentation Grenades*
Survival Knife*
2 lbs. Of C-4
Demolition Kit

Dependant on the Mission Profile, Rapid Fire may also take along a Rocket Launcher, additional explosives or a .50 Cal. Sniper Rifle.

*Suggested items for the “Joe Bundle”

Things that SOMEONE should carry on each Mission
First Aid Kit
3 Liquid Skin Patches
1 App of Stimulant
SAW
Satellite Communications

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Ahzad,
Consider Cross Hair yours! And welcome aboard.

Keia,
Look forward to having you in the game, especially after some of the things you dish out over in SG-1.

Golden Eagle,
At first glance Rapid Fire looks great! I will look him over closer and let you know if anything looks off. Glad to have you on the team.

The Joe Bundle will be posted here shortly.

Nuke

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
JOE BUNDLE

Kevlar BDUs (any pattern)
Military Helmet
Backpack
Tactical (Encrypted) Radio
Survival Knife
Flashlight
SOCOM .45 ACP
Silencer
49 rounds of ammo (4 magazines +1 round)
Web Belt with Holster and Ammo Pouches

This Bundle of gear is issued to each member of the team at no charge to them.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Golden Eagle, I'm not sure if we went with the extra feats... I take it that Rapid Fire is a greenshirt? Also medals of Honor are rare, and medal of honors among covert units are basically unheard of.

Nuke, did we go with the extra feats?

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Brother Shatterstone said:
Golden Eagle, I'm not sure if we went with the extra feats... I take it that Rapid Fire is a greenshirt? Also medals of Honor are rare, and medal of honors among covert units are basically unheard of.
Nuke, did we go with the extra feats?

Notes on Rapid Fire:
He is an existing Joe and according to his file card he would have to of received the CMA to qualify for his training.

As far as extra Feats. No, I did not plan on using them. It had looked to me like most of the characters made did not get extra Feats for levels 1, 3, 6 and 9. That is why I made sure to point those out. That is 4 (3 in this game) Feats it looked like most people missed. That seems like a lot of Feats.

Yesterday I made 2 Cobra characters (No, I will not name them!) and I could have stacked Feats on there all day long. They just go together so nicely in this game. But, that is part of making a character. It gives you something to look forward to at next level. What would we do if the characters had to be 5th level?

I realize G.I. Joe is supposed to be the best soldiers we have. However, they screw up. They miss shots. They get hurt. They even let some of the bad guys get away. That is just the way it works.

Let me know if you think this is majorly wrong.
Nuke

GoldenEagle

First Post
I'll Drop the Police Training/Adv Police Training Feats. Now that the Joe bundle is up I'll recalculate the gear as I am sure it will be off quite a bit. I'll get things tightened up in the next couple of days.

GE

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases