Crossed Paths, Part II

Manzanita

First Post
Round 8

Octar shoots two more arrows, this time stilling the struggling orc. Brioc's spell summones a flying horse/eagle, which swoops down and begins tearing at the two sleeping orcs next to Brioc.

Ehldannis and Marcus pursue their fleeing foes, but can hardly see each other as they struggle through the bushes and around trees, let alone their quarry. The elf's vision is scarely better than the humans, as the clouds and branches obscure the dim light of the moon & stars.

Everyone feels a bit of an adrenalin drop, as Nathaniel's stirring commentary loses its potency.

doghead

thotd
Marcus pushes on after Sergius. Can this man be killed? Marcus pushes the thought from his mind. Just focus on the task at hand Marcus. Get it done.

ooc: Is Ehldannis no longer invisible?

Jarval

Explorer
Moving quickly, Brioc runs over to Dhurmium, and invokes a healing spell on the dwarven priest. As he regains consciousness, Brioc helps him back to his feet.

"You must aid me! I have few curative magics, but several of our companions lie bleeding. Between us, we may yet save their lives."

Manzanita

First Post
Round 9

Marcus and Ehldannis pause. They hear a whisper of wind in the trees, and they hear each others breath and movement, but no other distinguishable sound.

Brioc lays his hands on Dhormium. The dwarf's eyes flicker open. "Oh. Who needs help." He rises tentatively to his feet and looks around. (now @ 3 hps).

Octar fills another orc archer with arrows. The hypogryph swoops down and kills the last one.

The field of battle is quiet.

Jarval

Explorer
"You heal Nathaniel, and I'll try to help Mendicus. Pray that we're not too late!"

Following his own words, Brioc returns to his companion. The spell he casts on Mendicus is weak in comparison with the one he used on , but it should remove any immediate danger of his friend bleeding to death.

(Casting Cure Minor Wounds on Mendicus. Is there anyone else who needs healing now?)

doghead

thotd
Manzanita said:
Marcus and Ehldannis pause. They hear a whisper of wind in the trees, and they hear each others breath and movement, but no other distinguishable sound.

Marcus takes a slow breath to clam his breathing then once more scans the woods for any sign of the snake. Oh Sergius, you have the luck of a fiend.

Marcus continues pushing forward, still hoping he can find the man.

ooc: Keep looking for a few rounds, moving forward at standard speed. Then return to camp.

Manzanita

First Post
Dhormium gets his bearings and approaches Nathaniel. He kneels and examines this body. "Oh, 'tis too late for this one, I fear."

Mendicus sputters and sits up. "Oh,..." he says after Brioc's cure.

In the forest, Marcus begins to push on, when he hears some way to his right "Go back and return the spearpoint to me, and you may keep your miserable lives."

doghead

thotd
Manzanita said:
In the forest, Marcus begins to push on, when he hears some way to his right "Go back and return the spearpoint to me, and you may keep your miserable lives."

For a moment, Marcus assumes its Sergius. He's about to raise a great cry to bring the others when ...

Is it Sergius, or the other? That dark shape. It too chased Sergius. Was it the spear that it sought?

ooc: listen check (+6) (i suppose) to recognise the voice. If it isn't Sergius, Marcus will ask in a normal voice "Who shall I say it belongs to? Do you have a name?" If it is Sergius, Marcus will cry out "Sergius! Do you seek the spear? What is it worth to you?", as mush to alert the others as anything. UP.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Damn all Orcs to hell!" says Octar at Dhormium's pronouncement, with anger and adrenaline overriding grief. He had known him only a brief time, yes, but he had done more and risked more with Nathaniel than he had with people he had known his whole life.

Still full of energy, Octar prowls around the campfire, before yelling "Marcus! Ehldannis! Where are you?" into the night.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases