Crossed Paths, Part II

Jarval

Explorer
While more than a little surprised by two of his opponents falling, Brioc is not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. He lashes out with his scimitar, hoping this more aggressive approach yields some reward.

(Normal attack, no longer fighting defensively. +5 To Hit, 1d6+3 dmg.)

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Seeing an opening at the leader, Octar takes an overhand swing at the Orc's back, hoping to save Brioc from the creature's predations. He fights well, though thinks Octar, for one whose talent lies primarily in other areas.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4

round 3

Ehldannis aims carefully to avoid Brioc, and shoots an arrow at his orc opponent. Despite the difficulties in aiming into combat, Ehldannis shoots with accuracy to be envied by the finest elven archer, as he arrow imbeds in the orc's neck, killing it instantly.

Round 4

Ehldannis again aims his bow, this time at Sergius' back, but misses.
I decided to randomly determine Ehldannis' next target.

The orc facing octar swings his blade wide, but his leader is more effective, striking Brioc unerringly with both blades, sending him crashing to the earth in a shower of blood. (22 pts dmg).

Sergius rolls to standing and whips out his short sword. "I don't need my spear to kill the rest of you, Roman skum. Rome will fall, one roman at a time."

I've been interupted - to be continued.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 4, con't

Marcus feints, then strikes out with his sword. Sergius does not take the bait, but is still unable to avoid the sword thrust (4 pts)
Octar strikes with renewed effort, as he sees his friend fall. His sword strikes true, cracking against the orc's helmet with a crack and sparks. (11 pts) The orc whirles on Octar. Octar feels some hope, as Brioc's wolf comes charging at the large orc, skipping around the edge of the writhing vegitation, in time to see his master fall.

The last orc soldier staggers and falls, a feathered bolt emerging from his unguarded armpit. Mendicus, prone in the bushes, reloads.

end of round 4

doghead

thotd
Marcus sees Brioc fall. This is not a good place to die.

Sergius the slippery snake said:
"I don't need my spear to kill the rest of you, Roman skum. Rome will fall, one roman at a time."

Marcus spits.

"I've no interest in what you have to say right now."

And presses.

OOC: Attack Sergius (+6, 1d6).

Manzanita

First Post
Round 5

Does Ehldannis not have a summon monster II spell? I think I've misplaced his list. The noncombat list I have doesn't have sleep either. Please reprovide

Ehldannis aim his bow at the huge orc which has already felled two of his companions. Unfortnately, in attempting to avoid hitting Octar, his arrow speeds wide.

The huge orc shouts something in his gutteral language, and turns his deadly axe towards Octar. Even the powerful Octar seems petit compared with its bulk. Octar skillfully avoids the first blade, but the second clips him in the shoulder (6 pts), a mere fleshwound compared to some of his other recent battles.

Sergius also switches to this gutteral language, and shouts several words repeatedly. He circles with the smaller Gypsy, their short swords clashing, bodies closing, then both step back, wounded. (4 pts each)

Octar gauges his attack carefully, suspecting he won't get many chances to bring down this opponent. His heart beats loudly as despair begins to take him, but Nathaniel's inspiring words give him strength. As the axe retreats, he darts forward, swinging his sword two-handed. The orc tries to sidestep, but his bulk is too great to avoid the blade, which rips into his stomache, spraying foul entrails into the firelight. The great orc, stumbles backwards, and falls heavily into the writhing vegitation. (13 pts dmg)

The wolf, crouches and growls, standing defensively over Brioc's bleeding body. Mendicus stumbles out of the brush, his face barely visible under the gore. The wolf backs away as he kneels next to Brioc. Breathing heavily, Mendicus says, "Master, your father did not send me with you empty handed." He pulls out a vial and pours the clear liquid down Brioc's throat.

Brioc healed to 2 hps.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Turning to the last opponent standing nearby, Octar swings hard. The thought of taking the man alive doesn't enter his mind, nor does the thought of killing him- he simply wants to end the danger to himself and his friends as quickly as possible.

Remove ads