Aether & Flux: Sailing the Traverse, Darkfuries Publishing

Nellisir

Hero
d20books said:
It's basically a revamped "Spelljammer-like" set of rules for D20.
Everyone that gets it seems to like it very much.

I got it. I like it very much.

:D

It is, basically, Spelljammer, but cleaned up and straightened out a little bit. There's a sort of minimal campaign setting woven in, but it's basically a blank canvas.

It's a pretty cool product.

Nell.

Brian K. Moseley

First Post
Tetsubo said:
Has anyone heard anything about this new book?

http://www.darkfuries.com/pi4001.shtml

TIA

Hi!

We premiered Aether & Flux at Gen Con Indy, and a lot of folks were interested in it. All the feedback and comments we've received have been very favorable.

Aether & Flux is remniscent of Spelljammer in that it is fantasy space. We devised new propulsion methods and combat completely based on the d20 System. Ship combat is gridless and fluid, and can be easily used for naval combat. Ship combat is much like old world naval battles, where the prize was the enemy ship or her cargo, and often involves boarding actions. The game focus is with the characters. Travel time guidelines are given, but are ultimately determined by the Game Master. A solar system is provided, along with generation rules for creating new solar systems populated with the categories of creatures from the core rulebooks.

I hope this helps.

Happy Holidays!

BSF

Explorer
It's pretty good overall. I would like to see Dark Furies pursue it a little more with a supplement or two to help flesh things out and make it to drop into an existing campaign.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases