FR 3.5 Silverymoon - OOC

Breezly

First Post
The campaign will be set in the Forgotten Realms starting in the fair city of Silverymoon. Where it goes from there is up to you.

Here is the thread for the Rogues Gallery: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1284694#post1284694

The year is 1372 DR.

I'm looking for 4-6 characters, though I will probably level it off to 5. This is not first come, first served. I will pick the best characters from the lot. Post your idea for the character here, and then send me the details. I want to make sure I pick the best characters with the folks that are going to post the most. If you are playing on other games at the moment, be assured that I will check you out and look at your posts to see how often/well you post.

This game will move at a quick pace, so plan on posting regularly. There will be lulls of course, but if two days pass without a response to my posts then I will NPC your character for that turn. Regular missing of posts will result in your characters untimely removal from the game.

Characters will start at 1st level with your choice of equipment. No magical items at all, except for any Regional Items. Create your character and I will decide if it is fair. I am pretty open about character creation, so if you have a concept in mind that is from a non-standard WotC book, let me know and I will see what we can do.

Races: any PHB/FRCS races
Classes: any PHB/FRCS classes
Alignments: any non-evil
Patron Deity: any non-evil FRCS deities
Attributes: 32 point buy, or…submit yourself to my rolling your stats. 4d6, drop the lowest. In the past, this has proven beneficial, however, you get what you get.

Character Background: I require a background for each character that explains the most important parts of the character concept. I will also need to know what the heck your character is doing in Silverymoon. If you write in a detailed and interesting background, then I will tailor the campaign to meet those details.

Character Description: Please include a description of your character.

Combat: I'll do the rolling for combat, and anything else for that matter. I have Campaign Cartographer with all the trimmings so I will do detailed combat maps in full color, even 3-D if I am ambitious and have the time. I will post the mechanism for how this will run once the game is put together.

Good luck and happy adventuring.

Breezly

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
I would be interested in playing. I must admit that I am pretty ignorant about FR, for instance, I'm clueless about Silverymoon. I would plan on a character who was likewise not very worldly, but if this would be a problem, then feel free to count me out. If you're able to fill me in on a few of those details, then I'd like you to roll out my stats on 4d6. I have several character concepts in mind, but the one I'd pick would depend somewhat on what ability scores I had.

I'm a daily poster who plays in about 7 games here (some of which move quite slowly.) I also DM one game. I'd love a game that really moves along.

Thanks.

ControlFreak

First Post
I would like to play in this game. I am familiar with the Forgotten Realms CS (at least I own all the WotC books) and have been playing D&D in general for a long, long time (and have played 3.5 for a while). I have never played a game here on EN World, but I currently run an online game elsewhere. I check EN World daily and feel that I can put in the time necessary to play a game here.

Character Concept:

Name: Tsoren Gildersham
Race: Human
Class: Rogue, or "Urban Scout" as he likes to say
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity: Tymora
Home Region: The North (Luskan)
Description: Tsoren stands 5'6" and weighs 140 lbs. He is clean-shaven and keeps his dark brown hair quite short (he does this himself regularly and it looks pretty bad). His eyes are brown and seem to always be scanning the area, to the point that people don't think he's paying attention to them when they speak. His leather armor is a charcoal gray, but he usually wears a brightly colored cloak while in public. On his belt he carries a rapier and a dagger, as well as a sling and a bag of bullets. Aside from the bad haircut, there is little to distinguish Tsoren from most of the general traffic of a city.

WonkaMania

First Post
Hello there!

I'm interested in playing, although, I don't know that much about the FR. I know a bit of the geography and all and played in the realms in 2nd edition about 8 years ago.. hehe :)

Anyways, I'm looking to join a game that has good party cohesion and that posts at least 5 times a week. (I'd enjoy posting every day!)

The character I'd like to play is Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb, a Halfling Rogue/Fighter that fights by throwing daggers and heads towards the Master Thrower Prestige Class from the new WOTC book, Complete Warrior. :) He would be a StrongHeart Halfling and would start out as a Rogue, with his Patron Deity probably being: Brandobaris the halfling god of Stealth, Theivery, Adventuring and Halfling Rogues. :D Fizzi's alignment would be CN, a "free spirit" with good tendencies. (I do NOT play CN as "crazy".) He is outgoing, friendly, and adventurous!

Here's a short description of his appearance:
Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb stands at 3'0'' tall and weighs 30 lbs, and is 24 years of age. He has long brown hair with the top pulled back into a ponytail (which starts at the crown of the back of the head, not down at the base of the neck), and the undersides hang down loosely, being braided and ending in small decorative beads. He has brown eyes, a tan complexion, and looks to be of average frame but very lithe.

Fizzlewikk isn't a "combat monster" and he doesn't do alot of dmg, but he does have a great concept, that of a character that tumbles around the battlefield whipping razor-thin daggers at enemies, and I think that's pretty cool. :)
His planned-progression would be 1 lvl of Rogue, 2 lvls of Fighter, then 3 more lvls of Rogue and then into the Master Thrower PrC. :)

Let me know what you think! :)

~Wonka

Breezly

First Post
Manzanita said:
I would be interested in playing. I must admit that I am pretty ignorant about FR, for instance, I'm clueless about Silverymoon. ...then I'd like you to roll out my stats on 4d6... QUOTE]

No worries abuot not having the FR knowledge. It may work for you at times and it should not be a problem. As for your stats...time for the magic dice...

...you weren't the big winner, but there you have it. With the right race you could have a nice character. Let me know your concept.

Breezly

Erekose13

Explorer
I too would like to join, if you will have me. I play in a number of games on these boards (click the name in my sig), most of which are going a little slow over the holidays. I can post everyday during the week, less so on weekends. Character wise here is what I was thinking:

Silestrea Morand, female Half-elf Sorceror 1.
Silestrea aspires to the Spellguard, defenders of the city. Her father is a merchant often away on business to the south. She has grown up in Silverymoon with her mother and two younger brothers. She believes strongly in the ideals of the Silver Marches and looks up to the Bright Lady. She is currently looking to make a name for herself and to gather enough coin to pay the tuition fees for Arkhen's Invocatorium. She is an independant woman who wants to prove herself to her father.

Spell selection wise I would like to pick a spell that is a little out of the ordinary. Its Blue Bolt from Malhavoc's Book of Eldritch Might III. It is a ranged touch attack spell that deals 1d6+1/level nonlethal damage, no save. That and Hypnotism should make a rather different character.

Oh yeah and please roll for me too :)

Last edited:

Breezly

First Post
Erekose13 said:
....Oh yeah and please roll for me too :)

Seems like a good character. So close to Christmas, let's see how I do for you...

7, 12, 12, 17, 13, 16.

I am sure you can make something from that.

FYI, I use E-Tools, so if any of you have that utility and want to send me a character file, please do so.

Breezly

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand

Silestrea Morand, female halfelf sor1; medium humanoind (elf); CR1; HD 1d4+1 (5hp); Init +3; Speed 30 feet; AC 16 (+3 dex, +3 armor), touch 13, flat-footed 13, spell-failure 15%; BAB 0; Grapple -2; Single Atk +1 melee (1d4+1, 19-20/x2, dagger) or +3 ranged (1d8, 19-20/x2, 80 feet, light crossbow) or +3 ranged touch attack (by spell); SQ immune to sleep, +2 save vs. enchantments; AL LG; Deity: Helm; Region: Silverymoon; SV Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +3; Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 17.

Languages: Common, Elven, Illuskan, Chondathan, Dwarven.

Skills and Feats: Bluff +5, Concentration +3, Diplomacy +6, Gather Information +6, Listen +4, Search +2, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +3, Spot +4; Point Blank Shot.

Spells: 5/4, Base Save DC = 12+spell level.
0th - daze, detect magic, light, read magic.
1st - bluebolt, hypnotism.

Possessions: light crossbow, 20 bolts, dagger, masterwork studded leather, scroll (glitterdust), backpack, scroll case, flint and steel, 2 belt pouches, waterskin, cold weather outfit, traveler's outfit, tanglefoot bag, 3 sunrods, 10gp.

Personality: Silestrea is a stong and independant woman who is looking to make a name for herself. She holds herself high and does her best to follow her mother's teachings. She has a good heart and is always ready to help where she can. Inside she feels that she must always try to prove herself to her father because she sometimes thinks she is the reason that he is so often not there for her family.

Description: Standing at only 5'2", Silestrea is not a very imposing figure. She is comely and has a strong presence. Her long dark hair and brown eyes she gets from her father's side. From her mother's elven side, she has fine features and a narrow slightly pointed chin. She often wears her armor as she feels that it is necessary for her protection. Her other clothes often feature the symbol of Silverymoon, declaring herself a member of the League.

History: Silestrea aspires to the Spellguard, defenders of the city. Her father is a merchant often away on business to the south. She has grown up in Silverymoon with her mother and two younger brothers. She believes strongly in the ideals of the Silver Marches and looks up to the Bright Lady. She is currently looking to make a name for herself and to gather enough coin to pay the tuition fees for Arkhen's Invocatorium.

There we go, looks good from here. Let me know if I am in later and I will post her over in the RG thread. Thanks for the stats, they are pretty close to what I was working on from Point Buy. Oh what did you want to do about gold? I used half what a sorceror would get as a base.

Merry Christmas!

Edit: changed strength :) and I noticed that you said for gp, just take whatever equipment we feel is necessary. So I upped my expenses to max gold for a sorceror, though it is easy to drop it back down if you prefer.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
It looks like there's at least two of us who don't know much about Silverymoon. Can you give us a paragraph or two about it that would help us explain why we might be there? I'll post my PC concept here soon, & email you the details. Is that a correct interpretation of what you want us to do?

Thanks.

Manzanita

First Post
Dain Ironhelm

Actually, since there's a rogue's gallary, I'll assume you'll want the PCs posted. Here's my first draft of mine. I have him one masterwork weapon. This seems to fit his background, and perhaps somewhat balance his low ability scores. Let me know what you think.

Dain Ironhelm aka Dain Bramage
Male Dwarf Ranger 1

Alignment: Lawful Good
Str 15
Dex 14
Con 15
Int 13
Wis 8
Cha 9

Hit Points 13
AC 18, Touch 12, Flat 14 (chain shirt, heavy shield, dex)
Init +2
BAB +1, Grap +3
Speed 20

Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1

+4 Melee, masterwork dwarven waraxe, 1d10+2, 20/x3
+3 Ranged, light crossbow, 1d8, 19-20/x2, 80'r

Sizecategory= medium, 4’2" tall, 160 pounds, 50 yrs old
Black long curly hair, brown eyes, light tan skin

Speaks Common, Dwarven, giant

+5 Craft: Weaponsmithing (4) +2 for metal weapons
+4 climb (3)
+4 Jump (3)
+3 Listen (4)
+5 Search (4)
+3 Spot (4)
+3 Survival(4)
+? Swim(2)

Feats
-Toughness

Dwarven Traits
-60’ Darkvision
-Stonecunning(+2 checks on stone etc)
-+2 save vs. poison & Spells
-+1 attack vs. Orcs and goblinoids
-+4 dodge bonus vs. giants

Ranger Abilities
-Favored Enemy (giants)
-Wild empathy (+0)
-Track

Background
Dain Ironhelm was born a Prince of an exiled dwarven clan. His people had been driven from the _______mountains 100 years ago by humanoids. His father, Fror Ironhem, was the leader of his clan. He had only two sons, twins, by names of Dain and Nain. Fror was still fairly young in Dwarven terms and hasn’t picked which son is to succeed him. Dain had an energetic youth. Like many of his peers, he was fascinated with weapons and smithing. He was also a partier, and definitely a drinker. When not working at his anvil, or training with the militia, Dain often visited the nearby town of ______. This was a town with many gnomes, Halflings, dwarves and humans. Here Dain felt he could relax, and enjoy learning about other races. Flush with his family’s wealth, Dain drank heavily, and black outs are not uncommon. He never went to town except with his best friend is Dean Dankil. One night they were out drinking with several of their gnome friends. Dain’s memory of the night is not good. The next morning, he awoke dazed, in a strange bed. He rose and drew back the curtain. Looking at the bed, he saw the still body of a female gnome. This would not be the first time he had visited a house of ill repute, but he always regretted it. Preparing himself to leave, he took a moment to examine the woman. Shocked, he realized the woman was not breathing. She was dead. Strangled. Dain had no memory of the night, it was true, but Dain knew he was a peaceful drunk, never violent or abusive. Surely he was not her killer. He had to find Dean. They were always together. Dean would be able to help him piece together the events of the previous night. But Dean has disappeared. With no good alibi, Dain felt he must flee; being hung would do no one any good. Hurridly gathering up his immediate possessions, he fled into the night, determined to find Dean and clear his name. Forsaking his given name of Ironhelm, he now goes by the dwarven name “Bramage,” meaning “traveler.”

Dain fled to Silverymoon, a town he knew Dean had once lived, and the only place he could think of where Dean might have gone. He never got along well with his brother Nain, but doubts Nain would have been low enough to set him up for execution or exile. He is haunted by the thought that maybe he did kill the gnome. Perhaps she had tried to rob him? Or could he have simply killed from some sort of rage?

Dain has vowed never to touch a drop of liquor again, a promise which only time will tell if he will be able to keep. He still retains a desire to one day become a Dwarven Defender, and be reconciled with his clan.

Description:

Dain is lean and athletic for a dwarf, cultured in the manners and customs of his race, yet also at home in the wild, where he trained as a scout for the militia. He has black long curly hair, brown eyes, and light tan skin. He wields a masterwork dwarven waraxe he crafted with his clan’s master blacksmith. He is somewhat obsessed with alcohol, and seeks distraction from this desire. He does still have a beautiful wooden pipe, crafted to resemble a warhammer of Moradin, and he enjoys an occational smoke of this.

Equipment

Chainshirt (worn, 25wt)
Heavy wooden shield (left arm, 10wt)
Dwarven Waraxe, masterwork (belt left, 8wt)
Light Crossbow (left shoulder, 4wt)
Quiver (right shoulder, 1wt)
20 bolts(quiver)
Backpack (center back, 2 wt)
Bedroll (below backpack, 5wt)
Belt
beltpouch
Boots
Gauntlets
Waterskin- water (backpack, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, ??wt)
Signal Whistle