any Rolemaster collectors out there?

alsih2o

First Post
curious, i have come across some old goodies, and have a rolemaster book amongst them. looking for a home in a good collection.

Arms Law & Claw Law fourth edition....

Pyske

Explorer
alsih2o said:
curious, i have come across some old goodies, and have a rolemaster book amongst them. looking for a home in a good collection.

Arms Law & Claw Law fourth edition....

I'm playing in two games at the moment, and don't have a recent copy of Arms Law, but I probably don't qualify as a collector. My GMs, on the other hand, seem to own every RM book ever printed. :)

. . . . . . . -- Eric

kengar

First Post
RM is one of the few systems I do not own nor have ever owned. Nothing against it, just didn't care for it the one time I tried to play.

Cedric

First Post
If you have the benefit of a GM with a lot of Rolemaster experience who knows the charts backwards and forward...then Rolemaster can be a great game.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I used to GM rolemaster often.

The charts and the descriptions of the various actions, including combat and spellcasting criticals, added a lot of flavor and even humor to the game.

The revision did nothing for me. The revision of the revision turned me off. The purchase with a new company with new books, from what I know compatible with the latest revision, didn't bring me back to the flock.

Still like the system and am actively looking over HARP for a review at RPG.net but it'll take some more time to playtest.

In short, not a collector, own several editions of Arms Law, and wish you luck in getting rid of it. You might want to do a quick search on E-Bay and see what the standard prices are for the 4th ed.

alsih2o

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
In short, not a collector, own several editions of Arms Law, and wish you luck in getting rid of it. You might want to do a quick search on E-Bay and see what the standard prices are for the 4th ed.

eh, i appreciate the advice, but i was just looking for a good home :)

Krieg

First Post
mythago said:
No, but if you pop up any Harn, Mr. Mythago has a sick thing about that series. *shudder*

Whatcha lookin for man? I gots what youse needs right here!

;)

I have more than a few extra Harnic items laying around, anything in particular you were looking for?

Seule

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
The revision did nothing for me. The revision of the revision turned me off. The purchase with a new company with new books, from what I know compatible with the latest revision, didn't bring me back to the flock.
Whereas the game before revision seemed a confusing mess to me, and the revision made it into a great game. The re-revision didn't really change anything, just repackaged it. I still have (I think) all of the RMSS and some early RMFRP books, but I haven't played since D&D 3.0 came out and did most of the stuff I liked about Rolemaster, and was much easier to play. Finding players is much easier too.

--Seule

JoeGKushner

First Post
I guess part of my problem was that I was heavily vested in the old system. Not only having all the books and running Shadow World campaigns, but in how things worked, in lots of campaign ideas, in how the world itself worked.

Everytime a system goes through a revision, something gets left behind. It may be monsters, magic items, spells, classes, skills or other things, but it gets left behind. Heck, even 3.5 with all of the 3.0 sourcebooks still has lots of 'official' TSR 1st/2nd edition material that hasn't been updated yet.

Remove ads