D&D 3E/3.5 Gorgorin the Shatterer 3.5?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Does anyone know if Gorgon the Shatter, a weapon used by St. Kargoth, lord of the Death Knights, ever got updated?

Back in 1st ed (AD&D), it was a sword that either disintegrated you, or did 2-20 points of damage per hit. I know Black Razor underwent many changes in 3.0 and was wondering if this old favorite had too.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
JoeGKushner said:
Does anyone know if Gorgon the Shatter, a weapon used by St. Kargoth, lord of the Death Knights, ever got updated?

Back in 1st ed (AD&D), it was a sword that either disintegrated you, or did 2-20 points of damage per hit.

To my knowledge, this magic sword was never updated.

I recall reading about St. Kargoth back in that old old issue of Dragon where it said he had used this for a while until he lost it. However, the article provided no stats for the sword that I remember. Do tell, where did you get those stats from?

It's also worth nothing that Kargoth himself received an updated roughly a year or so ago in the Living Greyhawk Journal.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I believe you are mistaken about the sword not being in the original Saints article. It was there under swords he had and lost and about how he's always looking for the more powerful sword. My copy was from Saintly Standard, Scott Bennie, "Gorgorin the Shatterer, which does 2-20 (plus strength bonus) hit points of damage; each victim it strikes must save vs. death magic or be disintegrated. Fortunately, the Shatterer was lost when Kargoth battled the legendary Hainard of the Whiteguard."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I've moved this to the Conversions forum - the regulars there can probably help you out.

-Hyp.
(Moderator)

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
There was an article on 3.0 death knights in Dragon #290/291.

#290 had the history of Kargoth and the death knights, as well as the death knight template. (The template was later reprinted in Monster Manual 2, BTW.)

#291 then went into more detail some individual death knights.

St. Kargoth the Betrayer (human half-fiend death knight ex-Pal8/Blk10) is listed as using a +5 longsword. The only unique item he has is Demogorgon's Bilious Sphere (a major artifact); nor are there any stats for any sword he's not currently using.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases