Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (X-Box)

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I got StarWars: Knights of the Old Republic for Christmas. Wow. This is an amazing game. At first it was a little... odd, but I am now hooked. I've been playing it for about 18 hours so far (9 hours a day for two days). I must say this is a hell of a game. I'm guessing probably 25-30 hours of play total? I'm looking forward to going through as an evil character next. :)

kingpaul

First Post
I've got about 4 hours in right now, because I don't want to play it around my 3-year-old. Does it really only have 30-odd hours of game play in it?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I'm up to 22 hour and 48 minutes at this point and it seems like I still have quite a bit to go. So it's look like it will indeed be in the 25-35 hour range depending on how quick you are at accomplishing stuff.

John Crichton

First Post
It all depends on how many side quests and the like that you do before you beat it. I think that I logged about 40 hours on my first go-around. I tend to milk games for all their worth. And KotOR was certainly worth it.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I did every side quest I could find and explored everything. It took me about 50 hours to beat it. One of my friends just tore through the main quest without doing any side quests and it took him a little over 30 hours. I guess it depends on how you play.

Vocenoctum

First Post
I ran about 40 hours for my first game, but played it a second time to go Dark Side, so it was a good 80 hours :)

There still a few sideplots I missed, but didn't have the Will for a third run.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It takes about 40 hours to play through it with every possible quest solved, so it's 80 with both sides. But then again if you really want to see everything you have to play through the game once as a light side male, once as a dark side male, once as a light side female, once as a dark side female and an extra time as a female (to get the third romance, not that it's really all that special), and by doing it perfectly everytime time that's 200 hours. And you could still use a different character setup every time. :)

gfunk

First Post
I agree that this game is awesome with significant replay value. I played through it the first time as a Light side female Soldier 8/Jedi Guardian 12. Then as a Dark side male Scoundrel 5/Jedi Consular 15, then as a Light side male Soldier 8/Jedi Consular 12. For the final game I'm playing as a Dark side female Scoundrel 2/Jedi Consular 18.

I have to say that the Dark side ending is simply awesome. Especially,
when Bastila convinces the Republic fleet to continue attacking the Star Forge, certain that you will wrest Malak's control of it and destroy them yourself. Also, after you learn that you are Revan, I love going around to people and using the dialog option, "I am the Dark Lord, bow down before me!"

Last edited:

Vocenoctum

First Post
I played male (light) scout first, then female (dark) warrior.

I was playing a third game, just to get teh Fett armor and the Poison mask so he'd look cool, but just lost interest mid game and tried something else. I have the armor, but can't recall where I found the mask.

Oh, and the Dark Jedi artifacts were very disappointing!

Best fun for Dark Jedi:
Abusing the mind tricks :)

Selecting "just attack him" option oh so many times...

Remove ads