iTunes or Musicmatch for my PC?

Bass Puppet

First Post
I Just got a new ipod for Christmas and it came with MusicMatch. I understand that iTunes is now available for my PC and was wondering of those who have either one of them, which one do you use and why? My CPU is update and I have a fast connection. I doubt I'll actually download from the internet much because I have an extensive collection of music and enjoy purchasing albums. I always burn one for use in my car and home and use the original as the main backup. :)

I'll appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I've got the full version of Musicmatch, and I'm pretty pleased with it. HOwever, I don't kow much about how well (or if) it works with an Mp3 device like a Rio, etc, as I don't have one. I use it to rip my own CD's to my hard drive to use like a jukebox, and to burn compilation CD's fro use in my car CD player.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Bass Puppet said:
I always burn one for use in my car and home and use the original as the main backup.

I use my iPod in my car, using a cassette adapter. There are FM transmitter options, as well. Then I take my iPod up to my office and plug it into my boom box, via an adapter hooked to the RCA jacks in the back. The only time I burn CDs is to listen to them in the shower (my wife got me one of those Sharper Image waterproof CD players awhile back). ;)

Bass Puppet

First Post
Aeolius said:
I use my iPod in my car, using a cassette adapter. There are FM transmitter options, as well. Then I take my iPod up to my office and plug it into my boom box, via an adapter hooked to the RCA jacks in the back. The only time I burn CDs is to listen to them in the shower (my wife got me one of those Sharper Image waterproof CD players awhile back). ;)

Yeah, I'm gonna get the FM Transmitter so I won't have to burn as many CD's (I just saw that last night on the apple website). That kicks a$$ that you have a CD Player in your shower, nice.

So...I installed the free version of MusicMatch on my CPU this morning and I must say, it's not bad, so far. I'll have to dive more into it tonight to see if it's what I want to use. I'm wondering if iTunes works as well for my purpose.

Goobermunch

Explorer
First, I highly recommend the iTrip. It's phenomenal. It allows you to reset the FM frequency your iPod broadcasts on so you can find a station with little to no interference. One note: read the directions. You've got to keep the iPod's volume between 40-80%, otherwise you get some RF interference. That's okay, because you can just adjust the volume on your stereo.

Second, I've never found a better program for managing large numbers of songs into manageable chunks than iTunes. I've got almost 30GB of MP3s on my iPod and am able to find what I want, when I want, with almost no thought. I can't get over how efficient iTunes is.

Of course, I'm a total convert.

--G

Enforcer

Explorer
I've used both programs, and I prefer iTunes on my Dell laptop. It looks nicer, it's easier to read the song info, AAC files (iTunes only) are smaller than mp3s, and it imports the music faster. All of that is my opinion (except AACs being smaller than mp3s, which is fact).

Remove ads