Silverymoon Campaign - IC

Breezly

First Post
This is the Silverymoon Campaign, in character location.

The OC Thread is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72725&goto=newpost

The Rogues Gallery is here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72726&goto=newpost

Posting rules:

1) Official DM posts will be noted with the date and some descriptor, ex: Post 123103 - The day the party all dies.
2) You must respond within 2 days of official posts or be NPC's for that turn. If you consistently miss this timeline you will be removed from the game.
3) Format your posts as such:

All normal text should be left normal.
All things your character says should be noted in color, pick one you like.
All thoughts you want people to read should be noted in italics
All game mechanics should be noted in bold and in parenthesis.

Example:
Norad the barbarian screams his battle cry to the heavens, "Die by my sword infidels!". His muscles flex and burn with anger. To himself he muses, By my honor Ophelia, you will be avenged.. Sword in hand Norad will move to flay the foul orc that now stands before him. (5-ft Step to get a flank attack with Filbert, Full-Attack).

Other than that have fun. Use the OC thread to talk table-talk or strategies and keep this thread clean for in game stuff. At the very least, keep the OC stuff to a minimum. If you have a quick game comment for me, no worries, you can put it here.

Enjoy, we shall begin shortly.

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
Prelude...

As a reminder, any post that does not contain a date within the title, as this one, is considered a story post and does not require your response. However, if you want to add in your own flavor text, by all means do so..

*(From the Silver Marches source book)

The anchor of the Silver Marches and the most wealthy and important surface cities of he North next to Waterdeep itself, Silverymoon is truly “the Gem of the North”.

Silverymoon is that rarest of things, a bustling city dominated by trees and beautiful stone buildings. Old oaks, shadowtops and duskwoods compete with tall, thin spires to touch the sky, and blue leaf trees shade flagstone sidewalks along most of the cobbled streets. The prevailing style of stonework is flowing curves, as if buildings grew rather than being erected block by block. Many older buildings are clad in a thin layer of fused royal blue or emerald glass.

Balconies and curving stairs are everywhere, and windowsills, railings and newel-posts are all adorned with herbs and flowers growing in sculpted bowls. Most dwellings have grass paths leading to sheltered bowers. Many folk take time every day to lift their harps, pipes, or voices to make music, and things of beauty are more than prized than admired; such design is expected.

It is here that we begin our journey…

Prelude, Midwinter, 1372DR

It is the High Festival of Winter, the feast that traditionally is the best day to make or renew alliances. Nobles and monarchs mark the day with this traditional feast to celebrate the halfway point of winter. The commoners enjoy the celebration a bit less, they call it Deadwinter Day as it is mainly an indication that the winter is still here and there are hard times still to come.

The city of Silverymoon is active with festivals and feasts scattered throughout the city. Life in the city is good. The winter has been cold, but relatively quiet. The harvest was better than expected so the feast of midwinter is grander than years past. The Market is bustling with activity, which is where you find yourself now…

Tsoren Gildersham, native of Luskan, wanders the market picking up a few trinkets here and there. Having traveled from Luskan with a merchant caravan earlier in the winter, Tsoren has good grounding on the environs of Silverymoon. Tsoren has been able to support himself since his arrival by spending his time with games of chance and drinking at the various inns. The Market affords him good opportunities for further financial ‘gain’.

Silestrea Morand has lived in Silverymoon all her life. Her natural magical talents makes Silverymoon a logical place to enhance her talents so she has never seen a need to leave. With her father often gone on business to the south, Silestrea and her mother often find time to work on her sorcerous talents. She aspires to join Arkhen’s Invocatorium, but she has not yet saved enough for the high tuition prices. But, for today, Silestra wanders the market in search of a few fine silks.

Sitting in a chair, out of the way of the market traffic, sits Dain Bramage, Dwarven prince in exile. Smoking from his hand crafted wooden pipe, Dain observes the people pass by him, smiles on their faces, and laughter in the air. The smells of ale and mead waft out of the nearby taverns, catching Dain’s attention, but he remains stoic in his chair. Much has happened to Dain over the past few months, a weight even great for a dwarf of his stature. Every once in a while he looks over his shoulder, but whether he looks longingly at the tavern or seeks something from his past, only Dain would be able to say.

To say that Enalia Astariat turned a few heads in the Market of Silverymoon would not fairly describe her reception. The traditional peaceful feast gives opportunity for one to make peace with ones enemies, but Enalia looks nothing like a token of such sentiment. Having recently arrived from the Moonwood, Enalia is decked out in her armor, longsword strapped across her back, nestled next to her longbow. Enalia looks every bit the warrior, a stark contrast to the revelry around her.

Aram was finally released from his duties for the day. The Children of the Starry Quill, Mystra’s information gatherers and preservers of magical knowledge have a little known order of monks. These monks serve as liaisons to other orders and keepers of the arcane. Aram, a promising monk within the order, has found some time to walk the Market. His time in the libraries and serving as the eyes and ears of the order has proven to be difficult work. For now, Aram is enjoying a few hours of peace amongst the denizens of Silverymoon.

Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb, a prince among halflings, or so he would tell you. Seeing the Market as more of an ‘opportunity’ to increase his fortunes than a festival of, Fizzle wanders amongst the people singing songs, dancing and lifting more than a few purses. Never one to shy away from the crowd, Fizzle finds interest in everyone and everything. A recent transplant from Waterdeep, Fizzle finds the city of Silverymoon to be more to his liking; a chance to be judged on his merits, not on his past.

Wonderment and awe are reflected in the eyes of Willow. Having just arrived from the High Forest, Willow is taken aback by the sheer immensity of the city and the diversity of the culture. More than a few stare in her direction, obvious they have not seen many of her kind in the city, but they smile and welcome her nonetheless. Wandering the Market, Willow recalls her dream and knows now that this is the city she had seen. Why she needs to be here she does not know. For now, se takes in the sites and sounds of the city, so different from her native High Forest.

And now, the adventure begins…

Seonaid

Explorer
Enalia Estariat, female moon elf Barbarian 1

Enalia walks through the marketplace, drinking in the scenes before her. This is truly amazing, she thinks to herself in wonder. I had hoped to learn more in this city, but this is much bigger than I had expected! Surely there will be sages who can teach me how to better use my skills. She continues along, seemingly oblivious to the stares she receives from passersby. After several minutes, she pauses long enough to politely ask the nearest stall keep, "Is there a temple to Corellon Larethian in this city? I wish to make an offering in thanks for my safe passage."

Manzanita

First Post
Dain

Dain wearily and warily rises from his seat after finishing his pipe and his glass of warm cow's milk. This cow is truly a magnificent animal. Must better than the milk of the asp beatle. I must find a way to get this sort of thing for the dwarves when I am King....if I become king...

He begins to walk down the market, slowly, eyes constantly moving about, lingering particularly on any dwarf he meets, though he is seen to pull his hood tighter around his face when he sees one of his own kind.

Breezly

First Post
Post 010104 – The Shadow of Midwinter, 1372DR

As the festival continues, you lose yourselves in the merriment and activity of those in the Market. Bards are singing all of the crowd favorites, there is dancing in the streets. The smiles of the merchants and patrons speak of cordial trading. The smells of the food mingles through the crowds attracting the hungry to the source. All is well with the city of Silverymoon.

You feel the chill almost before it is upon you. Fear, its icy cold grip reaches into your very soul causing you to cringe and shiver. A long shadow is cast over the Market and the songs are replaced by the screams of the terrified. The shadow passes and soon its source comes into view, and you now know the source of your fear. From out of a nightmare comes the very real terror of an ancient dragon, casting its shadow over the city. Terror grips you and you want to run, but find you lack the strength. You want to scream but there is no breath in your lungs. You want to look away, but find that you cannot take your eyes away. The green scales of the dragon shimmer in the daylight as it turns above the city, as if to show the citizens of Silverymoon its true power. Never in your life have you seen such a creature of immense size and power. From the streets bolts of lighting and fire shoot up towards the creature. The Knights in Silver regain some of their composure and start to rally in the market, forming up in their battle formations.

The dragon completes its turn over Silverymoon, the wind generated by its passing over ripples through the Market, tents, flags and clothing all fill with the strong breeze. Circling lower, the dragon finally unfurls its wings and slows, perching at the apex of the Moonbridge. Utter terror fills you as the huge dragon scans the city. Once again magical attacks are launched at the creature as fire, lighting and other offensive spells blast at the dragon from all points throughout the city. A concentration of magical energy is launched from the area of the magical colleges, but, as with the other magic, it disperses as it reaches the dragon. Mockingly, the creature laughs as the attacks slow and then finally cease. Its deep laughter speaks of countless ages of life; its voice holds such power to keep you frozen where you stand.

“Fools. You cannot harm me with your useless magic. I could destroy you if I deemed and level this city to the very ground. Long have I slept in the shadow of you meaningless wretches. Long have I watched you from my domain. Your pitiful magic and your foolish sense of safety thinking your Wards could keep me out. Did you think you were safe from me? From Garlyntraxil? Your useless boring lives should be forfeit to me.”

The dragon Garlyntraxil pauses momentarily to sweep a small contingent of Knights in Silver off the Monbridge. With a pass of is great tail the Knights are easily pushed away from the Dragon. You can see their silver forms plunge the 60 feet from the bridge into the River Rauvin below.

“Had I want to destroy this city I could easily remove you from the maps of Faerun. But that would be so unchallenging. You bore me and I long for something more entertaining. So, I offer you this one chance for survival, one chance to save the fate of Silverymoon from certain death. A little sport, if you will, some entertainment for me.”

With that, the dragon lifts its great arm above his head and sweeps it across its body. Streaks of green light fly out of its hands and move towards the Market. Fearing for their lives, the people of the Market scatter to seek shelter, but you find that your legs cannot move. The lights flash with a bright green brilliance, as they get closer to you. As the lights hit the ground you hear a loud clink as if the lights were made of glass. Green orbs form from the light as they continue to bounce along the ground. Some of the green orbs bounce of tents, or walls or other people, but each shape continues to move closer to each of you. As the orbs close in, you put up your hands defensively; almost trying to avoid whatever secrets they hold. Almost as one, each of you catches one of the orbs in your hand. Looking at them, they are no larger than a human fist. The swirling green mist within the orbs moves about a dark, dragon like eye at the center. After a few seconds, a bright flash emanates from the orbs and you lose your vision momentarily. When you vision returns you seen a deep green bracer affixed to your right arms. In the center of each of the bracers is the green orb, the dark center appearing to be looking at you. You try to remove the bracer, but you cannot find a clasp or any means of removing it from your arm. Your attention is drawn back to the Moonbridge as the dragon speaks.

“You who now bear the Eye of Garlyntraxil now hold the fate of Silverymoon. You will learn of your task at first light tomorrow. Should you fail in what I lay before you, your lives and those of the city of Silverymoon shall be forfeit. With my eye, know that I see all and know all. You cannot escape this fate.”

With that, the dragon unfurls its wings and lifts off the Moonbridge. Sweeping low over the Market, the green dragon passes close over your heads. The feeling returns to your legs and the fear is lifted. It is then you realize that you are standing alone in the Market. Looking around you see six others with the same stunned look on their faces, the same bracer affixed to their right arm.

From the lower streets of the Market a contingent of Knights in Silver move towards you. The contingent stops in the center of the market and looks at each of you. “I am Sernius Alathar, Commander of the Knights in Silver. The High Lady Alustriel requests an audience with you. Will you accompany me?” The last sounds more like a command then an order.

What do you do?

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren Gildersham - Human Rog1

Tsoren looks down at his arm and then up at the knight. He pauses, trying to come up with some way out of this predicament. His gaze returns to his arm and he sighs deeply.

"Yeah ... why not," he says and falls in with the other lucky winners.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

“If this is, what is your request,” the wood elf girl says with her enchanting voice, but she is neither addressing the knight nor those that share her fate, “then I'll follow this path along to whereever it might take me.”

She then turns towards the knight and bows slightly. “I will.”

“My name is Willow, well met, strangers,” she finally says, turning her eyes between the other folks present.

Last edited:

WonkaMania

First Post
Fizzlewikk

Fizzlewikk watches in horror as the Dragon soars over the city, magical attacks effortlessly aimed towards it. He finds himself frozen and unable to move from fear at first, but then it seems that a different sensation comes over him. Fizzi finds himself mesmerized by this huge creature... Such grace it has in it's flight over the city, such a powerful commanding aura it gives off. I've read about such creatures, but never before have I seen one! I hadn't actually believed they grew to be this big!

Fizzlewikk seems to snap out of it as he listens to the Dragon talk, and destinctively remembers that it proclaimed it's named to be Garlyntraxil. He hears the Dragon speak of how it could have wiped out this city if it wanted to, but that doing so would be boring for the creature and instead, it was seeking some entertainment, a kind of sport. Fizzi continues to look on as the Dragon casts some sort of magical spell and produces 7 green lights that streak out from it. Fizzlewikk becomes aware of one of the green lights and becomes transfixed on it. This beam of light is heading straight for him. He watches (head inquisitively cocked to the left, mouth slightly agape in amazment) as it slams into the ground with a crystalinne clink and morphs into a green orb, bouncing off of the ground and off the back of some poor old man's head, before realizing it's about to slam right into his face! After catching the orb and the bright green flash, Fizzlewikk now stands in complete awe at the deep green bracer that is afixed to his forearm that contains the orb with it's swirling mists that seem to look out at him.

Fizzi's head snaps back up as Garlyntraxil speaks, revealing that those that now wear the "Eye of Garlyntraxil" shall be responsible for Silverymoon's fate. After watching the powerful Dragon once more take to the skies, Fizzle's eyes return to the bracer..

This... this...... is absolutely amazing! he pauses for a moment to clear his head. How many days has it been since I've left the halfling community just outside of Waterdeep? The community where no one paid any attention to me and my brothers and sisters constantly told me that I was too young or too weak to do anything of value? Hah! In such a short amount of time after leaving I've been chosen by a truely powerful Dragon to decide the fate of a city that almost rivals Waterdeep itself in size! A wide, innocent smile is seen on Fizzlewikk's face accompanied by a starry-eyed gaze as he talks himself into delusions of grandeur. The smile quickly fades however.. Yeah.. right, this is all just some liquor-induced dream. I guess there really was a reason Mom never let me drink her homemade schnapps..

Fizzlewikk shakes his head and snaps out of it and looks puzzingly at the group of Knights that have approached him as well as 6 others that wear the same bracer on their arms. They are starring at him, as if they have been expecting him to say something. Oh by the fate of Brandobaris, this really *is* happening! Fizzle's eyes widen and he smiles as if in ignorant bliss up the people starring at him. After quite a few more uncomfortable seconds of silence, Sernius Alathar restates his demand/request to Fizzlewikk. (ooc- I imagine Fizziwikk talking in what would be recognized in the real world as an "australian" accent) "The High Lady Alustriel?" Fizzi asks inquisitively. Hmm.. she sounds important! He then puffs his chest out and says "Yes, the name is Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb and I shall accompany ye off to see this High Lady Alustriel! Lead on good Sir!"

Seonaid

Explorer
Enalia gapes at the dragon, awed and frightened at once. By the gods . . . Time seems to slow as the dragon speaks and the bracers afix themselves to the "chosen ones," and yet when the market is cleared, Enalia finds she has just opened her mouth to speak a denial of the dragon's presence at all. She shuts it abruptly as the knights come forward. When they ask the group to accompany them, she nods and thinks to herself, The Lady Alustriel!

"My name is Enalia Astariat," she replies to Willow. "It is . . . nice to meet you as well, though it causes me to wonder why we were chosen. What have we in common that a dragon and the Lady would want us?"

Remove ads