Knightfall's World of Kulan Campaign Maps (Updated: July 2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
World of Kulan: Map Thread
Welcome to my map thread dedicated to my homebrewed campaign, World of Kulan. Here you will find maps for all my continents but I mainly use it to highlight the continent known as the Lands of Harqual, which has its own thread in Plots & Places.

This thread tends to get modified heavily, and I recently went through it and deleted some of my replies to a user (and his alts) who has now been banned. These empty posts will be filled with new maps at some point: #69, #130, #133, #136, #206, #208.

People are free to ask questions.

Cheers!

Knightfall
________________________________________________​

This map is named the SWORD LANDS (EAST) and is east of what is known as the Sword Lands (north) and west of Lake Ragik Region. The bulk of this region is made up of the lands known as The Sword East, or The Eastern Domain of the Sword, which was once part of the Empire of Swords.

This map also shows part of the land known as Ara-Ragik, which surrounds Lake Ragik, as well as part of Toraa Bagul.

Two key areas of note on this map are the Firetop Hill and the Menhir Woods. The woods are considered part of the Sword East, while the hills are considered to be part of Toraa Bagul. In truth, the denizens of these two geographical regions are very independent and don't like being dictated to.

Sword Lands (east).jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kanpur Overview Map

Whew! I can't believe this map is now 95% done. Just need to add the rivers.

Cheers!

KF

Kanpur Overview.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Crowded Sea

d4 said:
now that's a nice map. :)
Yep, it has taken me 6+ months to get it to a point I'm happy with. Drawing in all those small islands is bloody time consuming. Here's a close up version of the Crowed Sea, south of what I call True Zakhara.

Kanpur-tcs.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Avion Region

This map shows the AVION REGION. The region is dominated by The Monarchy of Avion and the land known as the Aerie Holds located just west of Lake Nest.

The Monarchy is one of the strongest forces for good and law in the western Lands of Harqual, while the Aerie Holds are known for their more chaotic outlook with leanings towards neutrality and good. Both are strong supporters of good-aligned humanoids and the use of magic.

Two city-states also are well-known in this region -- Gillian, City of Sailors, and Ambian, City on the Mire. Both of these cities are more rough and tumber than fair Avion City, although they usually have "non-agressive" relations with the Monarchy.

Avion Region.jpg

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
REVISED MAP: Farion Island Region

This map details the FARION ISLAND REGION, which mainly depicts the Barony of Wolffire. The Barony strecthes along Harqual's costline from the Village of Hutag, in the north, to the City of Falcûne, just southeast of the Sunus Mountains.

The Barony also includes the entire population of Farion Island and its society is based on the tranditional barbaric teachings of the Pantheon of the North. As the years have passed, the citizens living along the coast have become more civilized, while the bulk of the population on Farion Island has remained more savage. The split in culture is obvious to even a casual observer and many, outside the Barony, believe it is only a matter of time until the Barony of Wollfire splits into two seperate lands, permanently.

This map also shows almost all of the Sunus Mountain Range, which is home to the Sunus Bugbear Tribe. The bugbears are the traditional enemies of both Wolffire and the Duchy of Minar on the other side of the mountains.

Three other areas bare noting on this map, although they aren't technically part of the region. The first is the High Forest, which juts up the northern and eastern sides of the Sunus Mountains. The second is region known as Miner's Den, which is a mineral rich land controlled by the Kingdom of Stonn. The third is The Strandlands directly south of the Barony of Wolffire, which often competes with the citizens of Wolffire for trade and treasure.

Farion Island Region.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases