just sitting there, reading the PHB

alsih2o

First Post
my wife unit has been sick. she has spent the last couple of days with a sour stomach.

she never relaxes enough, so i thought it good that she was taking it easy and went in to check on her. she was laying across the bed reading the PHB. i was amazed.

i asked what she was doing (innocently) and she responded "well, if i am gonna play this (danged) game with you i figured i should read some of this."

just sitting there, reading the book from the beginning. not looking up a solution, or browsing, but reading with real interest.

and i am left here thinking i got a cool, late xmas present....

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
alsih2o said:
Except you said it yourself... She's sick. She'll regain her form in a day or two and will be back to "hating" or pleasantly humoring you. (Not sure which was she acts.)

Sorry boss but take a picture so it lasts. :(

baradtgnome

First Post
alsih2o said:
i asked what she was doing (innocently) and she responded "well, if i am gonna play this (danged) game with you i figured i should read some of this."

My wife 'tolerated' our gaming for several years before we were married and 15 years after we were married. Last night a couple of the male players in our game were complaining to my wife, the 5th level Paladin, that they wished thier wives would play. She waxed eloquently about why it is hard for them to try it. Great moment. She's been playing now for several years. I don't think I'll ever catch her reading the PHB cover to cover - it's too easy to ask her personal rules encyclopedia. Merry belated Christmas. ;)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I remember the wife of a former gaming buddy of mine. She sat on the sidelines for years while he played, knitting or tatting or doing needlepoint. There was an extended period of non-fighting interaction going on, and it wasn't going very well for the characters. She listened, then finally she threw down what she was working on, said "You people suck at this acting thing! Can't you see he's been behind the raids the whole time!" She turned to her husband and said "I've been watching soap operas for years and I've never seen it done this badly; gimme those dice."

Thus was born a roleplayer.

Flyspeck23

First Post
That's great!

Somehow, my girlfriend is different. She plays in my regular group, and enjoys it as much as the next guy, but somehow roleplaying always ends up being "your hobby, not mine". And I can't make head nor tail from that statement...

If only she took some interest outside of our gaming nights. :(

Cergorach

The Laughing One
*in a tv evangalist voice*
PA-RAISE tha Lord! HAL-A-LU-JA!!!
Finaly she has seen the light, all it took was a tummy ache... ;-)

btw. are you sure it's only a sour stumach and not another late christmas present... Nod-nod-wink-wink ;-)

BSF

Explorer
That's great Clay!

My wife plays in my Friday night game. But, I DM that game. Actually, I don't think we have ever really played together in a game. Hmm...

Ranger REG

Explorer
alsih2o said:
Enjoy it while it last, my friend.

Sooner or later, she'll want you to read a card game book in the hope you'll join her bridge group, where you will hear among them some non-man words like "uvula" and discussion of feminine hygiene.

:p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases