Queen of the Spiders (ie: GDQ 1-7)

slingbld

Explorer
Has anyone worked on a conversion (would prefer 3.5 but 3.0 will do nicely) for the Combined adventure "Queen of the Spiders"?

I am mainly interested in the D1-3 & Q 1 portion. I don't realy need the G 1-3 portion. :rolleyes:

I am looking for a conversion that has teh EL for the encounters. I am not the greatest at scaling adventures & find the EL a godsend in helping me with that part. :D

Now I have the condensed adventure "Queen of the Spiders", not the indevidual modules. I'm hoping someone used that for thier conversion basis.

Thanks for any help!

Slingbld~
(Patrick)

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
slingbld said:
Just a wee bump.

Still hoping someone out there can help me. :D

Bear in mind when you convert these things the EL will be all over the place. As these modules were 'balanced' for 2E they are FAR from being balanced in 3E.

My honest to god feeling to do with these (and i have done quite a few conversions) is to conver the entire thing AS IS and then go back and tweak it for your individual party.

Look up a program called EL calculator, it's a website, it's a godsend, get it and your EL problems will be solved.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I converted D1 and most of D2 for 3.0 and Leopold's right. The EL's range from 1 to 18 in D1 alone. I stopped when I realized a *faithful* conversion of these modules to third edition would be practically impossible.

Don't even get me started on Q1... ;)

qstor

Adventurer
yeah 1st and 2e mods are higher levels in 3e/3.5

I'd run a quick conversion on the fly with high level PC's.

Mike

This is good to know. I'm glad I read this because I was just about to purchase this adventure for the purposes of converting it. How useful is this super module for reference purposes? I'm trying to develop Greyhawk's version of underdark for my own purposes. So far I'm pulling a lot from the Vault of the Drow issue of Dragon Magazine, and throwing in a few elements from the Book of Vile Darkness.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
amaril said:
This is good to know. I'm glad I read this because I was just about to purchase this adventure for the purposes of converting it. How useful is this super module for reference purposes? I'm trying to develop Greyhawk's version of underdark for my own purposes. So far I'm pulling a lot from the Vault of the Drow issue of Dragon Magazine, and throwing in a few elements from the Book of Vile Darkness.

If you're looking for ideas and encounters to pull and convert for your own underdark adventure, it's priceless - you can tinker with any encounters that don't fit your campaign. If you want to convert it to run for your group that's fine too - just don't expect to run it with a straight conversion.

Last edited:

VorpalBunny said:
If you're looking for ideas and encounters to pull and convert for your own underdark adventure, it's priceless - you can tinker with any encounters that don't fit your campaign. If you want to convert it to run for your group that's fine too - just don't expect to run it with a straight conversion.
Thanks for the response. I'm going to grab a copy of it and see what I can use.

VorpalBunny said:
I converted D1 and most of D2 for 3.0 and Leopold's right. The EL's range from 1 to 18 in D1 alone. I stopped when I realized a *faithful* conversion of these modules to third edition would be practically impossible.

Don't even get me started on Q1... ;)
Do you still have those D series conversions?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases