Top Secret/SI

DMauricio

First Post
WARPED1 said:
I want to convert the old TS/SI game into d20. Only thing is, I've never really looked into d20 system. How easy is it?

Not too sure, as its been a while since I've looked into TS.
You may want to check out Spycraft, as it may mean that that its only flavour text that you need to convert.

D.

AscentStudios

First Post
WARPED1 said:
If I knew the d20 better, I could convert in a heartbeat. I know the TS/SI rules like the back of my hand!

One of the first members of the Spycraft community, Dave McAlister, also happens to be a rabid TS:SI fan, and has run a site on the game for years - http://www.modus-operandi.co.uk/. I don't think the basic (silver covered) Spycraft game would be all that hard for you to port your game directly over. Dave's site may have some tools of use to you in making the switch - you can also come to the Spycraft forums (www.alderac.com/forum) which have plenty of helpful folks if you are looking to get started. Hope that helps!

Skytheen

Explorer
I was just pondering the opposite- d20 to Top Secret/S.I.

More specifically, I'd like to try to convert some of those mini-settings for d20 Modern (from the Polyhedron magazines) into Top Secret/S.I. - Mecha Crusade and HiJinx really. Pulp is already pretty much done with Agent 13.

Rune

Once A Fool
I want to convert the old TS/SI game into d20. Only thing is, I've never really looked into d20 system. How easy is it?

I'm really curious why, particularly since this is the case:

If I knew the d20 better, I could convert in a heartbeat. I know the TS/SI rules like the back of my hand!

What do you hope to gain by converting from a system you know so well to one you aren't familiar with?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
TS/SI has a great early attempt at a one-roll engine, where the d% represents so much about combat. It's really tight -- something to be brought back, not to be replaced!

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
I don't have a ton to add, quite honestly. I just saw the name of the thread and was drawn in like a moth to flame.

The amount of fun I had running this and the weird, off-the-wall antics that my players did in the late 80's early 90's . . .

But since I'm here, I have to ask - why convert it? Its a pretty simple system that works nicely and if you are hot to play super spies, Spycraft is a good game as are nice mods for d20 Modern.

Of course, if you have a small enough group, the best spy game ever made was Victory Games' James Bond game. Of course it breaks down after about three players . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases