(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Pfft. Whatever

Before you brag, go look at my stats on the Rogues Gallery page. I think you'll find that my True Staff of Ilsensine is MORE than a match for your little soul-munching sword.

As for escape? I'm a twentieth level monk wearing boots of the void, baby. I have a base movement of 180, and I can cast Expeditious Retreat and Haste really, really easily.

================================

The rest of the forces had been annihilated, along with the pitifully unprotected town that Alzem had been trying to save. The gleaming angelic figure stood defiantly before Acererak and Anabstercorian, vorpal sword raised.

Anabstercorian laughed. << Miserable fool. Face your fate! >>

And he raises the staff! A blast of 3d4 Meteor Storms, each Elementally Admixtured to have 24d6 each of Fire, Acid, Cold, Lightning, and Sonic damage SLAMS in to Alzem. Most of the power washes off of him, but the rest - Whoo boy!

William Ronald

Explorer
Archcleric Hazen offers support to Alzem and military aid as needed.

I request that dagger help move some of my forces to help Alzem.

I redouble my efforts to find Acererak and the Shade. I check different planes in a systematic effort.

Additionally, I have clerics of Pelor ask about this Annatar. If he is a false priest of Pelor or under the control of some evil power, I ask that some action be taken. Possibly a mark of anathema. (Maudlin - impersonating a deity's priests can have bad side effects.) Real priests of Pelor state their deity's true wishes.

Edena: The summary of Powers list has dagger controlling the Kingdom of Keoland. I do. He controls the Ulek states.

dagger

Adventurer
Note: Kingdom of Keoland should say Kingdom of Ulek...

I have my 50 PL of dragons and the below NPC's standing by to help Alzem as needed.

Keoghtom (demipower) PL 5
Murlynd (demipower, PL 5
Olinstaad Corond, Kingdom of Ulek WITH Axe of the Dwarvish Lords(NPC, dwarf, ) PL 21

and the 5pl of Dwarven Spell Jammers (all I got left :) ) to help transport any troops of William.

Spoof

First Post
The rest of the forces had been annihilated, along with the pitifully unprotected town that Alzem had been trying to save. The gleaming angelic figure stood defiantly before Acererak and Anabstercorian, vorpal sword raised.

Anabstercorian laughed. << Miserable fool. Face your fate! >>

And he raises the staff! A blast of 3d4 Meteor Storms, each Elementally Admixtured to have 24d6 each of Fire, Acid, Cold, Lightning, and Sonic damage SLAMS in to Alzem. Most of the power washes off of him, but the rest - Whoo boy!

Alzem just watches as the weapon is raised and its power is called forth and Alzem reaches out with the power of his God and the force is turned against the user multiplied by 10. Alzem smiles a sad smile and says in the voice of an Angel of the Seventh Heaven My poor lost child I am sorry that had to be done but soon you will find your peace

Now THAT had to hurt!!! Oh and as they say in Mortal Combat “Your Soul is Mine!”
Don't worry I'll give it back in time, I am not evil after all. Ok now what about Pasty Face

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
You're not an Angel.

OOC: Last I checked, you were a Solar, not an Angel of the Seventh Heaven. Even so, I'm sure you'll fall eventually. As long as I hold the Staff, I'm basically unstoppable. HOWEVER, since I LOVE a challenge, I'll pretend you ARE an Angel. And I will defeat you none the less.

Still... Look, one of us is probably going to die in this fight. If I die, I'm prepared... I'll get resurrected and lose the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra. If you die, you'll get resurrected and maybe lose some levels. Either way, lets neither take this as an OOC grudge match. I like you, and I'd like to keep this IC.

====================

The explosion you form glares in your vision, obscuring sight momentarily. It is visible from across the horizon, and peasants pray to their gods for salvation from these titans.

Anabstercorian glares at you as the smoke clears, standing at the center of a crater over two hundred feet across. The sandy ground is melted in to glass, the air humming with residual electrical charge, but he is completely unscathed. (Far from impossible - It's a simple 7th level spell. Well, 5 simple 7th level spells.)

<< Cute. Very cute... But you can only do that for so long. Acererak! Take cover! >>

And he unleashes his mind blast, sending incredible psionic assaults against your defenses. You realize something suddenly, as you throw up your mental barriers.

This entity is probably as powerful as you. An Angel of the 7th Heaven is being challenged, and is in danger of being defeated, by a single, lone mortal.

You can't let this happen.

======================

OOC: Either way, it's probably best if we leave this little fight alone for now... Let's wait for Edena to rule on it.

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
No problem I never have got upset over any DND related thing and would never take it OOC :) After the fight I will tell you why this could happen :)

Anyway as for IC

As your psionic assaults streak towards Alzem they just seem to dissapate before they ever reach me. Alzem just stands there and cocks His head and suddenly your vision is filled with nothing but His eyes and you can feel His Will invading your own. Deep with in the recess of your soul you know that at this very moment your Soul is in danger of being ripped from your body. With a supreme act of will you are able to divert your gaze for a moment and then suddenly Alzem is there not cutting you with his Sword but instead he strikes your Staff, knocking it from your hands, and you feel all your psionic defenses dissapate as Alzem draws near . (Could possible destroy it but would not want the innocents to perish because of it) If Edena allows you to lose hold of your staff I will take it if not then I will continue my Attack. As you stand there stunned by the sheer quickness of the move Alzem once again locks eyes with you and you know that now there is no escape and the two combatants vanish.

As for losing Alzem feels no fear from this mortal. As for Alzem being a Solar you are right he is, and not an Angel

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
We should probable let Edena rule on this before we continue, but either way this fight will not take place here. I will let her rule before everyone know were I take you :)

Ahh what the he** I’ll tell

You suddenly find yourself standing on a Plane that seems familiar. Suddenly it strikes you as to where you are, the Palace of St. Cuthbert, and Alzem is standing there in front of you.

Hello there Anabstercorian I see you have made it to My home. Here is where we shall finish our battle, somewhere where no others can be injured, and this Battle will be completely lopsided, I am sorry to say. For you see Alzem Called to me and I answered his plea for Returbition for all the innocents you have killed and continue to kill. He may only Call upon Me in time of great need and Anger, and your slaughter of billions has caused this. We shall not destroy you even though that should be your fate instead will confine you here for all eternity, with no chance to escape and with out your powers. You shall stay here and watch as your people fall from power and lose all you had hoped to give to them. It is a shame that you could not use your power to help those when you could, but now you shall watch and in time we might even let you die. Knowing that al you did was for nothing.

Now Alzem shall return to finish Acererak if he wishes to battle

Alzem returns to the battle field and looks for Acererak and waits for his attack, with saddness etching his features but with a fiery determination in his gaze.

Well then Acererak shall we continue this battle or do you wish to run?

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
The Union of Oerth will send 15PL worth of Gem Dragon forces to Polaria to join our exploration team.

There they will set up a base and begin heavy mining/fishing/even further exploration of the continent. They also begin construction on a city.

Amongst this 15PL is Rangorn Ilutoer of Kas's Elite Guard, there to personally oversee operations.

OOC: We're officially claiming Polaris.

IC: A memo is sent to each faction leader:

"Dear estemmed leaders of Oerth,

The Union of Oerth has laid claim to the southern continent known as Polaris. It is now our territory. We thereby establish that no foreign military forces greater than 50 humanoids will be allowed on our territory. However, you are all free to set up small (no more than 1sq mile) fishing/mining/port colonies on Polaris. This opening of our land is another of our efforts towards peace.

Union of Oerth"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases