(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Handicap,Smandicap, we worked for what we have same as you and we didn't get a "Return from semi-annihilation" ticket either. Of course I'm complaining.The fact everyone and their little dog can do better than I can without 10th level magic is really annoying. It will get worse when you get it and can then one up me on an even grander scale.

Edit-Judging by the !? you've been spending a lot of time reading UK's posts. :p

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kalanyr, what you percieve as your weakness isn't really due to what you're stating. Look at it this way: us "good guys" have all those nasty moral and ethical obligations to deal with, while the "bad guys" don't care about ethics or morals. Therefore, they are naturally more powerful. So, the only way the "good guys" can win is by banding together. After all, the shade poisoning was really powerful, especially considering they didn't have 10th level magic at the time. Now, consider what would happen if a "good" faction would do that. Well, the "good" factions can't because of all those nasty moral and ethical obligations...

Forrester

First Post
I have to agree with Kalanyr. People have been throwing around a *lot* of 10th level magical-strength effects lately.

Well, Kalanyr, you know what? It's time to tell Edena that you're going to start countering them. Strut your stuff. Be insistent. It's the only way you're going to make this work.

PS -- I can't help but be amused at the fact that somehow, Talos is going to miraculously get 10th level magic after being completely and totally wiped out the turn previous. And, of course, he's completely hidden so that no one can find him or disturb his research.

Someone mentioned that the bad guys seem to have "Fast Healing: 250". Who can disagree?

Forrester

Mr. Draco

First Post
Forrester, yeah, that "fast healing: 250" is a factor too. But without it, the IR would end really fast, and who wants that?

Forrester

First Post
Also can't help but be amused at the fact that Melkor's magical research somehow wasn't stopped by being completely annihilated last turn. I mean, I think his magical 10th level thingee rose last turn, even though all but 5PL of his forces died.

Yeah, it'd be a short IR without the bad guys. But when the bad guys get themselves killed off early -- well, shouldn't they be at least SLOWED DOWN a little?

Take Anabstercorian. He's a bad guy. But somehow he managed to stay alive. Melkor was wiped out completely.

And guess who gets 10th level magic next turn?

Not that I want Anab getting 10th level magic :). I don't think that's something any of us want to see. But you get my gist.

OH -- by the way, when the Red Death comes, I think you'll all have enough to worry about, without Melkor and company. But enough about that.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
True, maybe edena should consider slowing Melkor's magical research, as most of his researchers died last turn, and probably took their knowledge with them.

[edit]- SINCE EDENA ISN'T HERE, I'M GOING TO MAKE THE CALL THAT THE TURN IS OVER!
THE THREAD IS VERY CLOSE TO THE 200 POST LIMIT!
I BELIEVE I'M ACTING IN EDENA'S WISHES HERE, SO, TURN CONCLUDED!
GO TO THE INTERLUDE THREAD!

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Fast Healing or complete invisibility to scrying I could live with,that they get both is annoying. Its handing them whatever they **** well want on a silver platter. Just give em 11th level magic and nukes and be done with it.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Edena:

Forrester, Kalanyr and Mr. Draco are right; it's unrealistic and unfair if Melkor gets all this despite taking such huge losses.

[edit: And I also agree with Mr. Draco that this turn ends now. Please stop posting or I will have to close the thread. And I don't want to close it before Edena has had the chance to get at least one post in.]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases