(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Actually...

That was aimed at the remnants of the Eternal Empire. You can rummage through to Godspires if you want. Maybe you'll find some nice things.

Oh, and Forrester... I was wondering... There are some things I'd like to discuss with you. Would you be willing to meet me at Pezano's again? I've released their cook, after I learned how to make that lovely fondue, and they're back in business.

Black Omega

First Post
"What the hell do they think they are doing???" Siobhan yells out in her 'study', a green, grassy area, overgrown above by dense trees, providing a sort of 'roof'. Candles flicker around, giving there area a little more light, while Morre does his usual efficient job organizing intelligence reports and maps.

"What happened to the world in the past few months?? What changed?? We have a squid headed moron who only seems interested in how many people he can kill, on any side! We have someone giving out nukes like they are candy. Toril invading..but a different faction this time at least! Between the Blood Wastes and the northern mountains now we are -well- on our way to what that sending from Hazen was all about. I don't agree much that our only hope lies with alying with Toril. Frankly..-we- need the power. To defend ourselves from these other attacks! And I can't help but think that the bit about how everything in that world was better. Better tech, more powerful bombs, a guy better at chess than..than..a bunch of guys i've never heard of, but -he- evidently thought they were good. But his point is valid. MAGIC could not be hijacked like that! Right?" she loosk around for Morre, he's managed to hide himself behind a pile of reports until he's found.

"Right? Our own magic could not be used against us like those missiles were against those Torillians! But technology..that seems terribly easy! A few wires..a few switches..and they are helpless! I swear...Hazen's sending had the right idea but not far enough. Maybe we -do- need to ban all technology. It'll make some people in the alliance -very- unhappy.. Ok..calm..calm..maybe with this latest incident people will be more careful and see reason. I doubt it..but...ok..take a letter, for Kalanyr...and make sure to send along some of that candy we just got in, he'll like that..."
------------
And before I forget, we are in the simulilicrum(sp) race as well. The circle of eight could use some duplicating, and there can never be enough cute silverhaired fae:)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hate to post thrice to the same page, but:

Maudlin... the green splotch on my northern border (just north of Delrune) is now in my possession. It is called the Troll Fens and I claimed it in turn 3. Sorry to keep mentioning it...

By the way: What are the white dots?

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Mmmm. Pezano's. Haven't been there for at least a good month.

Strictly on the QT, of course -- no one else can know about it. (Yeah, guys, that means YOU! You ain't piercing this 10th level magic protected veil.)

I mean, you did just kill off those five million or so troops, now, didn't you? And that was wrong.

But I'll listen to what you have to say . . .

EDIT -- waiting to hear back from Edena about something, though. So let's not talk quite yet.

Forrester

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
By Edena
o'Skoteinos

The Pomarj is on full military alert.
It's civilian people are being housed in deep caves and bunkers.
The allies of the Pomarj are all on high alert, from one end of the Flanaess to the other.

Scince when am I on full military alert? Scine when are my civilians housed in deep caves and bunkers? And scince when can anyone scy me???

Forrester:

When you scry me, you see: 1 city (ONLY) inhabited by Orcs and other humanoids. They are trading technology.

There is *no sign* of any military action - no preparation for war, no armies, nothing - in Pomarj, or any other of my controlled area's.

Everywhere else you scy, you see abandoned villages, unworked fields, empty houses, like everyone died (though you see no bodies) or disappeared...

Kalanyr, Thank you for bringing my NPC's back to life.

Spoof

First Post
Ok Forrester You never where there for the creation of the Island but your UC was. Before you stated you were leaving the game you agreed assistance in the creation of the Island. You left and it was then up to the UC to complete your promise. While you might be the general for the troops that you control they all work for the UC and as such were nice enough to help me when I asked. :)

As for Anab maybe when I killed most of the squidies I missed the slimiest one. There was no reason other than his desire to gain power for himself to attack both the Eternal Empire and the Gnomes, and cause such damage to the Planet. He should be brought up on Genocide, Attempted Genocide, and a whole list of other charges, with which we do not have the time to get in to. At the very least he better start explaining Why he is doing what he is doing.

OOC: Edena is the Eternal Faction evil in nature?

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Maudlin, Rauxes and all the uncolored land, including the lava lake, south of the United Kingdom of Ahlissa, should be Union purple.

Maudlin

First Post
Acererak's response to the nuclear fallout around the godspires is twofold.

There are those communities being helped by the celestials and other misguided emissaries of the good nations. Wherever they are found to spread healing and comfort, a strikeforce of Acererak himself, together with several fell great wyrms will hurtle screaming out of the deep ethereal and hit the unsuspecting benefactors, leaving only a charred spot, some fluttering feathers and tales of the horror of Acererak among the populace, coupled to a warning about accepting the celestials' assistance.

Less than half a minute after the attack, the strikeforce will have departed back to the ethereal plane, leaving nightmare in their wake and preparing their next raid.

The communities who have not been helped receive a visit from a cleric of Pelor, calling himself Annatar, the Lord of Gifts. He appears fair to the eyes of men, and calls to the people to bring him their suffering friends and familiy, the ones yearning for a quick death and an end to the pain and agony.

When brought before him, he will lay hands upon their bodies, after which a great peace comes over them, and their last breath is a sigh of relief, even as their bodies dissipate into nothingness.

At each town he visits, he makes the same address:

"You need never suffer again, my friends. You have no hope in this world, only to toil painfully towards a meaningless death. I offer release! Embrace the afterlife and attend your God. You will live on, forever, in perfect bliss.

Send word to the other settlements. They have but to call, and I will take away all the pain. Tell them to call for me, to call for Annatar, and I will come. Blessed be, children."

Maudlin

First Post
Map updated with the UO's ill-gotten gains that they simply luuuve to remind me about :))) and Creamstreak's long-suffering Troll Fens.

The white dots are Starbucks outlets. No wait, they're antimatter impact craters.

Spoof

First Post
After the first attack by Maudlin I will go and start helping and moving the people to my Isle. If we are attacked I do not call for reinforcements but just remove the cover off my Shield and don my Armor, and use the power of the Fist of St Cuthbert.

As the Dragons plummet to the ground to stop the refugees from escaping Alzem rises to meet them, and those that see him coming turn to flee but are cut down by blasts of energy so powerful that they are seared to nothingness. The rest of the Dragons are cut in twain by my sword with one blow. There are to be NO survivors and any offering to surrender shall be cut down, with divine RETRUBITION.

You will not hamper the efforts of those who are send here to help these people, if you seek your ultimate destruction then continue as you have, if you wish to continue your existence for a little while longer then you will leave these people and bother no one else again.

I will continue to monitor the area and make sure that if anymore attacks take place they will be met with the deadliest of force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads