(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Uvenelei, the result is not funny or humorous.

When you attempt this, you get a result.

You feel hazy emotion directed at you from the Red Goo, and see hazy outlines in it.

When Kalanyr (inevitably) helps you with his 10th level magic, you feel and see more clearly.

There are faces pressed against the edge of the Red Goo.
Faces, in pain and in fury.
They are faces fair and foul, of elf and man and orc, of all those who fell in the great battle.
You are looking at souls.
Souls that are trapped in a prison, and who want out, and cannot get out.

They are bound in some way. And yet, you sense that the binding is a part of their (the souls and spirits) own making.

They hate you.
They hate you so badly that you can feel it as a physical blow.
They hate because they are imprisoned, and you are free.
They hate because they are in pain, and you are not.

They want out, and they are struggling desperately to get out, and can't.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

If possible, the Kevellond League tries to create a new clerical/druidical spell: Remove Radiation Sickness. Also, maybe Detect Radiation.

It is possible to research new spells. Possibly it is on a level similar to cure disease. If so, it should help the problems.

Kalanyr:

See if you can help with this problem. A little good will is necessary to fight this evil (and the red goo.)

Zelda: No problem.

Everyone: See if you can redirect wind patterns to keep the fallout out of your areas.

I suggest we try to identify the hardest hit areas and keep people away from them.

Uvenelei

First Post
Does flooding the goo with positive energy (from healing and resurrection spells or from turning attempts/priestly channeling) do anything? Does Red Steel have a similar response/'mindset'? Can the souls of the goo be calmed, either through magic or therapy?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Iggwilv is ressurected from the Goo with 10th level magic (Keraptis shouldn't have been effected being in a pocket dimension) . All who request I raise NPC's have their requests granted.

What changes happened to the Drow/Yuan-ti/Undead/Humanoids exposed to Red Goo? All our Red Goo & steel is disposed of consider our Red Goo and rating to be 0.

I do what I can to remove the radiation and cure its sickness.

I also start a church of Ellisterae with Kalanyr the Redeemer as a demigod below her (I attempt to spread this as far as possible).I'll make liberal use of 10th level magic to perform miracles to aid the process.

Did my emissaries to any of the good-aligned powers of the new continent gain me any allies?

Kalanyr will be simulcramed 10 times (thats 10 simulcra a turn limit right not 10 an NPC/PC?)

Also how did my Tarrasque (what effects did the Red Goo have on it?) experiment work since everyone else has invincible monsters they may as well find out about mine.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I will look into the red goo souls see if any of them are reasonable and sane, if so I'll see what I can do about freeing them or easing their pain. However none of the goo is brought into my land.

My suggestion for reducing red goo: Worship Freedom and Elisterae and good aligned dieties. Think happy thoughts and don't use Red Goo as a weapon of war.

My catastrophe for this turn is called off.

OOC-
Also I nominate myself for the following:

Official Janitor of the IR
The only constuctive things I do are clean up mess made by other people. All my attacks so far have made those I attack stronger and my posts have the highest "totally ignored by the moderator" rate in the IR. Yes, I have been counting. Do I sound bitter? Heh big surprise since I am. I'm having fun and am not leaving but the above is really getting on my nerves.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Since I am offline so much during the week William has complete control of my available forces when I am offline. May they be more useful for him than they are for me.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Healing spells thrown for the specific purpose of calming the Red Goo, do have a calming effect, Uvenelei.
9th level healing spells, thrown to calm the Red Goo, release some of the imprisoned souls, and a part of the Red Goo disappears (that is to say, an area the size of a puddle disappears.)
10th level healing spells, free all of the imprisoned souls, and a great part of the Red Goo disappears (that is to say, an area the size of a small pond disappears.)

- - -

Iggwilv is ressurected from the Goo with 10th level magic (Keraptis shouldn't have been effected being in a pocket dimension) . All who request I raise NPC's have their requests granted.

((Done.))

What changes happened to the Drow/Yuan-ti/Undead/Humanoids exposed to Red Goo? All our Red Goo & steel is disposed of consider our Red Goo and rating to be 0.

((The drow are unchanged, so far.))

I do what I can to remove the radiation and cure its sickness.

((With 10th level magic, you can do that. You can save those thousands of dying people.))

I also start a church of Ellisterae with Kalanyr the Redeemer as a demigod below her (I attempt to spread this as far as possible).I'll make liberal use of 10th level magic to perform miracles to aid the process.

((So be it.))

Did my emissaries to any of the good-aligned powers of the new continent gain me any allies?

((AnaKeris refuses to ally with anyone. However, they are friendly to the Oeridians who are friendly to them. They remain enemies of the Eternal Empire forces and Giantish Forces entrenched in their lands.))

Kalanyr will be simulcramed 10 times (thats 10 simulcra a turn limit right not 10 an NPC/PC?)

((That's per Turn!))

Also how did my Tarrasque (what effects did the Red Goo have on it?) experiment work since everyone else has invincible monsters they may as well find out about mine.

((The tarrasque also seems unaffected. It is an inherently powerful creature, and it is not easily affected by outside magic. If you will note, the Faerie and Unseelie, also beings of power, are still unaffected.))

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
OT

Edena, my e-mail didn't get through to you for some reason, rebounded back to my box. I resended it, hope you get, if you care, but I have to start going now.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalanyr, are your forces taking any actions?

Zelda, are the barbarians taking action?
Are the Storm-Riders taking action?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Mood of the Flanaess

Very tired, the Moderator comes online to post this, then goes back offline:

The mood of Oerth is surreal.

Forrester, scrying Oerth, sees the following:

Alyx:

Celene, the Lendore Isles, the Celestial Imperium, and Nippon are empty of civilians.
Homes, villages, entire cities are empty.
There is no sign of where the civilians went, and no scrying will discover it (same for all the below.)
Great armies of elves, on ship and on land, are visible.
They and their dragon allies are on the highest state of alert.

Anabstercorian:

The Solistarim are simply GONE.
Even 20 miles below sea level, under the Godspires, their great cities Below, caverns, mines, tunnels, are all deserted.

Alzem:

Alzem and his Celestials are fortifying the new Isle of Hope, putting all the magical defenses on it they can.
A small number of civilians from various Powers have come here; surprisingly few.
Alzem's military force is on highest alert.

Black Omega:

There is a surreal air of normalcy in the Vesve, where the Faerie maintain the integrity of the forest.
Outside of that forest, Perrenland and the Sepia Uplands are deserted.
The domain of Highfolk is also deserted, and the city of Highfolk is gone; obliterated on Turn 4.

Creamsteak:

The elves of the Delrunian alliance are dealing with radiation sickness, and a great part of their effort is going into fighting it.
Their giantish allies are quiet in the mountains.

Dagger:

The people of the Kingdom of Keoland, those that remain, all entirely in the military.
Every man and woman who can fight, is either ready to fight or training to fight.
Those who cannot fight, have taken shelter in deep bunkers or heavily fortified mountain refuges.

Darkness:

The Baklunish Alliance has massed it's armies on it's eastern borders.
Behind it's defenses, it's civilian population has taken cover in shelters, basements, and fortified castles and structures.

Mr Draco / Serpenteye

There is no civilian population in the Union of Oerth.
Every man and woman of the age of 13 and up has voluntarily joined the army (unprecedented.)
Those of 6 to 12 are being trained in the arts of war, and serve as camp followers, and are taking care of those of age 5 and under.

Every city and fortress in the Union is feverishly active, producing the necessities of war, along with newer and better weapons to fight the war with.

Festy Dog

Everything seems normal and peaceful with the Underdark Races of Festy Dog.
Which means that things can't be normal and peaceful.

Forsaken One

The Hive Cluster has disappeared (without a trace as to where it went.)
Individual formians can be seen by those scrying, and they are attacking and clearing out the Underdark in a wide radius around where the Hive Cluster used to be: no exceptions, all are killed. Even the other evil Underdark races.

Forrester

The Angels of Hope Island are doing something unprecedented.
They leave Hope Island - at least, most of them do - and fly to every conceivable place that could serve as an entry point to Realmspace from Greyspace.
The Angels then DRAW their swords, slender long swords that shimmer with a gentle, soft white light.
The Angels then stand, as motionless as statues, their shining hair and gauzy robes blown by breezes none can feel.
They are on guard.

Forrester, all efforts to figure out the superscience end in frustration.
It will take years for even the United Commonwealth to figure out how to make these weapons work, much less manufacture them.

The UC doesn't have years. The UC, might have only a few months.

The World Forum is now very concerned by the situation on Toril and in the Eternal Empire.
They are releasing another 1,000 PL to Forrester (in addition to his current PL) to protect Realmspace and the United Commonwealth.

GnomeWorks:

The entire Lortmil Technomancy is empty. Deserted. Papers lie on the floors of offices. Coffee cups are still half full. Typewriters still have stationary in them, with letters half finished.
All the power has been cut, and everything is dark in the underground realm of the Lortmil Technomancy.
Dark, silent, and empty.

Kalanyr:

The drow have set up in Ishtarland, along with huge numbers of yuan-ti, hempmonalanders, humanoids, giants, and others who came with them in the great exodus.
They are trying with sincerity to work with Ishtarland, and Ishtarland is working with them.
But it is difficult, in the last month of autumn, with so many transplanted peoples, so great magic is being used to create homes for the throngs of beings that have arrived here.

Maudlin:

Not a trace of Acererak.
Not a trace of Acererak's Minions.
Not a trace of the Scarlet Brotherhood.
Not a trace of the chromatic dragons who went to Acererak's aid.
Nothing. Literally nothing (even the Moderator has not heard anything.)

Melkor:

Nothing.
No sign of the Shade.

o'Skoteinos

The Pomarj is on full military alert.
It's civilian people are being housed in deep caves and bunkers.
The allies of the Pomarj are all on high alert, from one end of the Flanaess to the other.

Rhialto

A number of Black Brotherhood agents have been found and killed.
Everyone knows now where the rest of them are ... and the knowing is worse, perhaps, than the not knowing.

Sollir

The entire population of the League of Warlords, military and civilian alike, is GONE (without a trace as to where it went.)
Their massive fortifications protecting Riftcrag, their splendid, decadent cities within Riftcrag, are empty of all things, and all sounds but the wind.

Tokiwong:

The Empire of Malacki is a timebomb that hasn't gone off.
Every last man and woman is ready to attack.
Every army unit is ready to march.
Every spellcaster has his full arsenal of spells.
Every magical item in the realm has been readied.

There is no sign of any civilian population.
The great cities are empty. Railroads are silent and closed. Pipelines are shut off. Electricity is shut down except for the military.

Uvenelei:

The surviving population of Lyrn is trying to rebuild their country.
Ishtarland and Aaqa are maintaining a facade of normalcy, and civilians have not taken cover here.
There is still commerce in progress, still economic activity, still the bustle of a normal civilization.

Valkys:

The Unseelie have rarely been seen, and now is the rule, not the exception.
If the Unseelie have some secret base, they haven't come out of it.
The few Unseelie that can be sighted by scrying are (painfully) obviously not a part of Valky's force.

Williams:

The Kevellond League is totally deserted.
Cities and towns are ghost towns.
All the power grid has been shut down.
Pipelines, aren't flowing.
Radio antenna, are not transmitting.
Roads are empty, abandoned engines and freight cars sit on empty railways.
Great bunkers, meant to withstand even nuclear assaults, are empty.
Gone with the population is everything of value, taken to someplace else.

Zelda

The barbarians, of all people, are acting relatively normal.
They are continuing commerce amongst themselves.
They are continuing their fishing expeditions.
But they have armed all their male population, and the Snow Barbarians have armed all their female population also.
They do not appear to have any special sanctuarys or hideaways, the barbarians, although appearances can be deceptive.
The Storm-Riders, up in their glacial surroundings, are on full military readiness. Immune to the incredible cold, they are practicing the arts of war, preparing for the day of reckoning.

Fireland:

These indolent, lazy, decadent people have sent all those who wanted to fight, to fight.
Those that remain are engaged in one long hedonistic celebration, with a devil-may-care attitude.

AnaKeris

The native peoples of AnaKeris have retreated to underground or magically protected hideaways, terrified of the 5 million strong army of the Eternal Empire that has come to their land.
Equally terrified, but for different reasons, the 5 million man and woman army of the Eternal Empire has retreated behind the strongest defenses they could possibly build, and they continue to build more defenses as the onlooker watches.
The forces from Oerik on AnaKeris are, I would assume, hunkered down, waiting to see what happens.

Polaris:

The expeditions from Kalanyr's people and Serpenteye's people have found a continent empty of people, be they human, demihuman, or humanoid.
The two groups have just discovered each other's presence.

The rest of Telchuria.

The coastal people are hunkered down to survive Telchuria's terrible 7 month winter.
In the far interior, nothing is to be seen but an endless icecap, locked in winter's night.

Greyspace:

The expeditionary force from the Union of Oerth to Luna has found an empty, green land.
They have hunkered down, built heavily fortified shelters, and are engaged in their business.

The Elven Imperial Navy of Greyspace is in orbit around Oerth, warily watching the enemy fleet.
The Dwarven Mountain Spelljammers are with them.
The Gnomish Sidewheeler Fleet is with them.
The Mercenary Gith Fleet is also with them.

The Scro are watching back, their ships ready for anything.
The Illithid Starfleet of Greyspace is watching back cautiously, probing psionically when they dare.
The Neogi Fleet is watching with hatred and fear, waiting for the next move in the war.

- - -

If there is an error in the above, post it to the boards.
It then is considered corrected, by your own words.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases