What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel

(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

Several hours have passed since the Jasperfist brothers layed the fronted gold upon the table and secured (what they hope) will be the saving grace for their bedeviled home.
    Gathering in the light drizzle outside of the Red Dragon with Algram, the veterens of the Monestary Liberation can see that the little bit of sleep has worked some good upon the young Dwarf. Algram is smiling and eyeing the city with the longing of the young, having had no chance to explore this most wondrous and exotic place. You are reminded just how young he must be when he goes from a Warrior, checking his crossbow against the water(sliding it into an oilskin cover,checking the bolts' fletching )and tightening his pony's gear,all very businesslike, to a red-faced young Dwarf as a pair of Ladies of the Trade, a red headed half-elf and a curvy blong human walk by and blow him kisses and giggles. Angram immediately begins to stutter and look about, wondering where his brother could be.

As the Ladies move off down the road, the other Jasperfist joggs up, smiling,with a parcel that he secures in his saddlebags as he says to his brother 'You'd never b'lieve what they 'ave 'ere ta buy,Ally, I got a half-dozen diff'rent teas fer Ma and Uncle Roggen, a half-dozen diff'rent Teas, mind ye! Chennet, what a marvelous place!'.
    Mounting, the older Dwarf smiles as he pulls his riding tarp over his blue cap.With a pat to his steed's neck,he says 'Well, I trust ye good Folk are ready? It be a fair distance ta Stonepike,over a 'unnerd miles, though we kin get there in just under two days, as we know several of the better routes 'tween here an' there.
    Last edited by Uriel; Wednesday, 21st January, 2004 at 06:01 AM.
    Iconic DMing-Addicted ENWorlder
    Living ENWorld Judge

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore dpdx
    "Hunnerd' miles n' two suns? What ye be ridin', griffons?"

From atop yet another black pony, Rurik (his pack, tack, gear and self arranged optimally with the help of the stable staff for long distance travel) surveys the landscape of town (including his fellow riders) with satisfaction. A week was rest enough, and bedecked with the finest in Axebender family armor, the blond dwarf with the black horns atop his chainmail helmet was raring to avenge fellow worshippers of Chennet'.

"Mind ye, I ain't arguin'. 'S yer land, ye knows it better'n we ever could. So I reckon iss time ta mount up an' head out?"

[Rurik bought the (use of?) the pony and two potions of CLW from the Temple of Hyrag - will add them to my sheet once I figure out what they cost.]
    Recovering PBP Fiend

Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel
    Urgan smiles at Rurik's doubt. 'Master Rurik, a good pony ke take forty,fifty miles easy in a day, providin' he's fed an watered.
    Frankly, we got here darned fast, considerin the weather. It may take us a few more hours then I'd like, seeing as how the great Road was washed out past the River Grellgo, out across the plains East o' here. Still, without any trouble, we should do all right, I'd reckon.'

OoC:Off to se a concert, back in 4-5 hours my time...
    Living ENWorld Judge

Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel
    Last edited by Uriel; Wednesday, 21st January, 2004 at 06:17 AM.
    Living ENWorld Judge

LEW Judge
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore nimisgod
    Sir Ishmael joined the dwarves' company with Courage in tow. The warpony was wearing his new scalemail barding. The horse whinnied in greeting, recognizing Rurik's familiar form.

On the other hand, the halfling was silent in the drizzle T'was as if he was recalling a far less pleasant day with the same mournful weather.
    Living Enworld Stuff:
    Spoiler:

LEW Adventure- Island of Varras'zul [Concluded]
    LEW Character- Ishmael of the Wooden Sword (Deep Halfling Pal2/Sor1/Ftr2) in the Tomb of Chaos
    LEW
    Character- Veras-Re (Dwarf Egoist2/Fighter1)

LEW Character- Wilhelm Irontower (Human Cleric1) in Niobe's Dilemma
    Will's spells: (4/3+d)
    Orisons- Detect Magic, Light, Mending,
    1st Level- Bless, Cause Fear, Shield of Faith, Enlarge Person (D)

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore dpdx
    "'Ow ye are, Courage, Sir Ishmael." Rurik returned the greeting with a smile upon his face.

"Goodness, fixin' ta think I's the drunkest. Wunner where that durn Sturm'z off ta?"
    Recovering PBP Fiend

LEW Judge
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore nimisgod
    The halfling snapped out of his reverie quickly and smiled at Rurik's inebriated state. "Indeed, Demonbane, thine condition is proof of the Red Dragon's quality in brews or at least, a love of the liquid ambrosia that is alcohol. Mine mentor always said that if a dwarf did not have an axe or hammer in hand, then a flagon of dwarven beer would fit perfectly

As for friend Sturm, I hath not hear or seen him since the meeting earlier. The hours past have seen me in the more poverty stricken sections of Orussus. Mayhap Sturm is still stirring in his quarter. I take it that thine inebriation was not accomplished in his presence?"
    Living Enworld Stuff:
    Spoiler:

LEW Character- Ishmael of the Wooden Sword (Deep Halfling Pal2/Sor1/Ftr2) in the Tomb of Chaos
    LEW

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore dpdx
    "Aye, it were, an' with me own Mum's brew, as't happens."

Rurik continues to wait with the rest of the party.
    Recovering PBP Fiend

I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Keia
    Thurgan was refreshed from the brief rest and eager to get started on this, his most recent, journey. The hours of sleep had definitely helped his mood, but it obviously hadn't helped the weather. He had risen early to pack his goods, do some last minute shopping and acquire a pony from the stablemaster.

Thurgan shook his head as he eyed the recently purchased pony, a black pony with subtle dark brown markings. He had hoped for the same pony from his journey back from the monestery, but someone else had already purchased the animal. Therefore, Thurgan had to start the learning curve over again with this beast. In fact, the stablemaster had had to add the riding saddle and various bags and straps for Thrugan was completely uneducated when dealing with the riding creatures.

He still hadn't gotten on the beast, but was leading it up the rain soaked road. He was ever distrustful of the beasts, ever since riding the demon horse on his first adventure. This pony, which he had named Kettle, didn't seem like blood relation to the earlier horse, but appearances were often deceiving.

Thurgan glanced away from eying his pony to peer out from under his oiled cloak to the others in the road. He nodded at a passing blond and smiled wide, then noticed the group gathering near the inn.

"Greetin', one and all," Thurgan called, "Wonderful day fer a ride, huh? Sir Ismael, we need anythin' else a fer we go - I mean, supplies like?"

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Guilt Puppy
    You can hear Sturm before you see him, as usual, calling around the corner.

"Don' ask! Don' one o' ye wags not e'en ask!"

He comes leading a mottled brown pony around the corner -- the animal seems less than enthused about following. As he comes closer, you can see the dwarf's face is criss-crossed with tiny, bleeding scratches... and worse, huge swatches of his beard are missing.

He looks from face to face, eyes red with discontent. He growls for a moment, then sighs.

"Cat got in me beard. It happens."
    In Character PbP: (Casual D&D) A Game of Trust, Parts I, II & III (OOC)
    Living Enworld: Sturm Gerwycht, on a quest Of Eggs and Desires

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore dpdx
    Rurik turns to listen to, and then look at, Sturm emerge from the alley behind him. As he approaches, Rurik can barely suppress his astonishment, and then his amusement.

Eventually, the bad guys win the battle over his countenance, and Rurik rumbles forth in uproarious laughter. He is laughing so hard, hypoxia threatens to tumble him ingloriously from his horse.

Finally, he catches Sturm's reproachful look (and balled fists), and he struggles to cover his mouth with a hand.

"Awful sorry, Sturm; I's jus' sayin' ta Sir Ish what I was sure'n ta be tha drunkest one 'ere!"
    Recovering PBP Fiend

Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel
    OoC:Waiting for Telerin and Aranel to make an appearance.
    Living ENWorld Judge

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Ankh-Morpork Guard
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel
    OoC:Waiting for Telerin and Aranel to make an appearance.
    ((OOC:...and just on cue! ))

Telerin rode up on a brown horse, strong looking and eager to get on a move. Whitefang trotted to the side, almost looking a bit insulted he couldn't ride too. Catching up to the others, Telerin smiled warmly towards them, "I am sorry for making you wait."
    Whitefang made a small noise.
    "He's sorry too," Telerin said with a laugh.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Aranel
    Aranel was having a trickier time with her own evil son-of-a-mare. They had taken in that special way that meant they would save each other from any outside force, just so they could kill each other personally.
    "I said STOP!" Aranel almost yelled, convinced the bas-..evil creature was deaf and stupid.

It knew better, it took a certain type of horse to know exactly how far to go to irritate someone. It finally came to a stopping point of its own choosing some ten metres past where she had 'asked' it to. 'It' was a cranky mare and of the creamy persuasion with a dark mane, it's evil streak, happily on display.
    "Yes. Sorry about that, ended up on a small detour five streets away at high speed." she scowled darkly. "Anyone want to swap?"

((I edited just to mention: Gr-Go-...AMG Your smiley face is offending me ^^ ))
    Last edited by Aranel; Thursday, 22nd January, 2004 at 03:46 AM.
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

LEW Judge
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore nimisgod
    "Courage and I have foodstuffs and water enough for the road. 'Tis two days travel sayeth the brothers Jasperfist. Doth anyone hath need of rations? I have some in excess, I believe"
    Last edited by nimisgod; Thursday, 22nd January, 2004 at 06:18 AM.
    Living Enworld Stuff:
    Spoiler:

LEW

Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel
    With all mounted and read to go, the Band moves off out of town.
    Along the East Road the horses and ponies run, those from the City marvelling at the speed that the little dwarf Ponies travel, and indeed, at the riding skill of the two young Dwarves from Stonepike. Miles begin to fall into the distance and after a half an hour, the band reaches a Roadwarden Station, indeed the very same one that Telerin and Aranel visited not so long ago when they travelled to aid a farmer beset by a monster.

Over hot tea and porridge, the Jasperfists look to you for advice on the monster. As well, they await any queries, seeking to answer as best as they can.

OoC:Anything that you would like to ask them, this is a good time.
    Living ENWorld Judge

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore dpdx
    "Well, a'right then, I do 'n fact got me some questions o' you, Urgan Jasperfist, startin' w'this 'un: 'As anyun' managed ta kill one a' these beasts, an' if'n so, what kind o' weaponry did tha deed?" Rurik sits back and waits for the answer before asking his next question, taking advantage of the tea, porridge and stillness of a chair to settle his stomach.
    Recovering PBP Fiend

Living EN World Judge

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Uriel
    Quote Originally Posted by dpdx
    "Well, a'right then, I do 'n fact got me some questions o' you, Urgan Jasperfist, startin' w'this 'un: 'As anyun' managed ta kill one a' these beasts, an' if'n so, what kind o' weaponry did tha deed?"
    Urgan looks sheepish as he shakes his head 'None 'ave seen the monster or monsters, good Rurik. Truth be known, it could be dead a'ready, far as anyone knows.I ,fer one, h'aint seen it.'
    Living ENWorld Judge

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Aranel
    Having got off her horse, she had decided not to name it. To name an evil like that horse was to imply it was going to be hanging around a while.
    No sonner had she slipped from the saddle had the bas-evil creature tried to step on her foot, which she had neatly avoided and then pated it a lot harder than necessary on the neck. "Nice try."

She'd made her way over to the Dwarves and wondered if hiding her pointy ears would allow her to pass for human, feeling inexplicably...different from the current group. Perhaps it was age, perhaps it was something else...she didn't ask too many philisophical questions, usually for fear of the answers...

Listening in she thought a while, thanked whoever had brought her a cup of tea and then raised a hand. "You have no clue what kills this monster? Please tell me you have some clue of what it looks like. Perhaps one of us has seen it's like before." Not likely, but if it had too many claws and eyes..."And on another almost different note," Dwarves weren't meant to be shy about money were they? "Extra's, finders keepers? Anything not nailed down of some value can be ...aquired yes?" She gave them all a smile. They didn't have to like it and they didn't have to agree but it'd be damned hard to find anyone else who could dis-arm traps around here.
    Last edited by Aranel; Thursday, 22nd January, 2004 at 04:21 PM.
    "I can kick, kiss or cry my way out of anything."
    "My accidental gay lover just called me a sexy kitten"~Vis
    "I'm in a relationship with an expiry date."-Mo

I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Keia
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranel
    "Extra's, finders keepers? Anything not nailed down of some value can be ...aquired yes?" She gave them all a smile.
    "Ah think the large reward was ta discourage some o' that sort o' thing," Thurgan muttered. "We are comin' inta their home ta help them. Wouldn't be right ta rob them while doin' it. Not right at tall."

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast