(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik turns to listen to, and then look at, Sturm emerge from the alley behind him. As he approaches, Rurik can barely suppress his astonishment, and then his amusement.

Eventually, the bad guys win the battle over his countenance, and Rurik rumbles forth in uproarious laughter. He is laughing so hard, hypoxia threatens to tumble him ingloriously from his horse.

Finally, he catches Sturm's reproachful look (and balled fists), and he struggles to cover his mouth with a hand.

"Awful sorry, Sturm; I's jus' sayin' ta Sir Ish what I was sure'n ta be tha drunkest one 'ere!"

Uriel said:
OoC:Waiting for Telerin and Aranel to make an appearance.

((OOC:...and just on cue! :)))

Telerin rode up on a brown horse, strong looking and eager to get on a move. Whitefang trotted to the side, almost looking a bit insulted he couldn't ride too. Catching up to the others, Telerin smiled warmly towards them, "I am sorry for making you wait."
Whitefang made a small noise.
"He's sorry too," Telerin said with a laugh.

Aranel

First Post
Aranel was having a trickier time with her own evil son-of-a-mare. They had taken in that special way that meant they would save each other from any outside force, just so they could kill each other personally.
"I said STOP!" Aranel almost yelled, convinced the bas-..evil creature was deaf and stupid.

It knew better, it took a certain type of horse to know exactly how far to go to irritate someone. It finally came to a stopping point of its own choosing some ten metres past where she had 'asked' it to. 'It' was a cranky mare and of the creamy persuasion with a dark mane, it's evil streak, happily on display.
"Yes. Sorry about that, ended up on a small detour five streets away at high speed." she scowled darkly. "Anyone want to swap?"

((I edited just to mention: Gr-Go-...AMG Your smiley face is offending me ^^ ))

Last edited:

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Courage and I have foodstuffs and water enough for the road. 'Tis two days travel sayeth the brothers Jasperfist. Doth anyone hath need of rations? I have some in excess, I believe"

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
With all mounted and read to go, the Band moves off out of town.
Along the East Road the horses and ponies run, those from the City marvelling at the speed that the little dwarf Ponies travel, and indeed, at the riding skill of the two young Dwarves from Stonepike. Miles begin to fall into the distance and after a half an hour, the band reaches a Roadwarden Station, indeed the very same one that Telerin and Aranel visited not so long ago when they travelled to aid a farmer beset by a monster.

Over hot tea and porridge, the Jasperfists look to you for advice on the monster. As well, they await any queries, seeking to answer as best as they can.

OoC:Anything that you would like to ask them, this is a good time.

dpdx

Explorer
"Well, a'right then, I do 'n fact got me some questions o' you, Urgan Jasperfist, startin' w'this 'un: 'As anyun' managed ta kill one a' these beasts, an' if'n so, what kind o' weaponry did tha deed?" Rurik sits back and waits for the answer before asking his next question, taking advantage of the tea, porridge and stillness of a chair to settle his stomach.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
"Well, a'right then, I do 'n fact got me some questions o' you, Urgan Jasperfist, startin' w'this 'un: 'As anyun' managed ta kill one a' these beasts, an' if'n so, what kind o' weaponry did tha deed?"

Urgan looks sheepish as he shakes his head 'None 'ave seen the monster or monsters, good Rurik. Truth be known, it could be dead a'ready, far as anyone knows.I ,fer one, h'aint seen it.'

Aranel

First Post
Having got off her horse, she had decided not to name it. To name an evil like that horse was to imply it was going to be hanging around a while.
No sonner had she slipped from the saddle had the bas-evil creature tried to step on her foot, which she had neatly avoided and then pated it a lot harder than necessary on the neck. "Nice try."

She'd made her way over to the Dwarves and wondered if hiding her pointy ears would allow her to pass for human, feeling inexplicably...different from the current group. Perhaps it was age, perhaps it was something else...she didn't ask too many philisophical questions, usually for fear of the answers...

Listening in she thought a while, thanked whoever had brought her a cup of tea and then raised a hand. "You have no clue what kills this monster? Please tell me you have some clue of what it looks like. Perhaps one of us has seen it's like before." Not likely, but if it had too many claws and eyes..."And on another almost different note," Dwarves weren't meant to be shy about money were they? "Extra's, finders keepers? Anything not nailed down of some value can be ...aquired yes?" She gave them all a smile. They didn't have to like it and they didn't have to agree but it'd be damned hard to find anyone else who could dis-arm traps around here.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Aranel said:
"Extra's, finders keepers? Anything not nailed down of some value can be ...aquired yes?" She gave them all a smile.

"Ah think the large reward was ta discourage some o' that sort o' thing," Thurgan muttered. "We are comin' inta their home ta help them. Wouldn't be right ta rob them while doin' it. Not right at tall."

Remove ads