Do your villians have a profession?

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
So, you created your bad guy but does he make a living doing something else? Being a villian takes money, there are henchmen to hire, plot elements to fill? We all used the evil cleric, the foul noble but what other professions have you used in your game?

The artist - looking for models and just can't find the perfect one, basic slasher.

The local sausage king - mob boss.

Land Clerk - Power hungry, feeling overlooked, wants to take charge and draw attention to himself. Mastermind.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Dr. Evil:

Since you've been frozen, Virtucon has grown by leaps and bounds. We on steel mills in Pittsburg, Oil Wells in Texas, and factories in Detroit that make miniature models.

jh

mysticsorcerer

First Post
how about this?
a very well known and well loved king has ruled over a distant land for decades. his son could never be seen as anything as son of the king. so, he wants to make a name for himself.
this gives you money, motive, and a very sick headed villian.
hope i helped

Numion

First Post
barsoomcore said:
All my bad guys are dentists.

I mean, come on.

Reminds me of a bad joke in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. "Dying of the Light" had a big bad demon in it as the main enemy.

Named 'Zahnarzt'* :rolleyes:

Whoopti-doo. Turned me completely off of Hogshead WFRP products (and in addition the adventure was the biggest pile of railroaded crap I've ever seen).

* Zahn = tooth in german, arzt = doctor in german. Do the math what zahnarzt means.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
So Timothy Zahn, or Star Wars' novels and other novel fame, could be Timothy Tooth instead? :)

Yeah, but call him Timmy the Tooth to his face and you'll find out where he got the idea for Noghri. ;)

MarauderX

Explorer
I'm on a BBEG=merchant lately... such as the poor guy in all of those FR campaigns that watches the PCs roll in and buy his latest sword +2 he just got after they sell 3 swords +1. I mean, c'mon, the guy has money AND magic items, now team him up with the armorsmith and they could outfit and pay for an army. Now make them hell bent on taking every last dime from the PCs, and BAM - instant scenario and the players will never want to visit the cliche magic shops again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases