Criticism of the ENnies at RPG.net

I noticed that myself as I was perusing the reviews. I like reading their product reviews, but man is that site taken up by a lot of noise and thrashing about.

[rpg.net] AHH HACKMASTER IS SUPER BAD!!@ HACKMUASTER SUX! GRRR RULES HEAVY RPGS ARE SUPER SUCK!@!@ NEEDS MORE GNS DISCUSSION!@!@[/rpg.net]
Oh, come on! Just because a couple of guys say that a few of the ratings at enworld don't make sense given their opinion of the product, you hardly need to make this kind of hyperbole. rpg.net is a good site, and I've been going there for years for tons of useful information.

EOL

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
Wow...I can't belive the RPG.net forums would be overly critical of something:)
[sarcasm] I too was shocked, nay aghast at the idea that RPG.net might be playing host to some critical, dare I say, negative points of view! [/sarcasm]

clockworkjoe

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:

Oh, come on! Just because a couple of guys say that a few of the ratings at enworld don't make sense given their opinion of the product, you hardly need to make this kind of hyperbole. rpg.net is a good site, and I've been going there for years for tons of useful information.

OH NOS!!@!

But seriously, it seems to me that there's almost always one MAJOR flamewar going on over there. From G/N/S to Hackmaster criticism. Plus, like every board they have a set of likes and dislikes. They prefer rules lite games as opposed to more rules intensive games like D&D (even 3e).

It's full of wannabe game designers that like pissing on other games and other wannabe game designers.

I like the site too, but those flamewars get boring after a while.

reapersaurus

First Post
just tried to read some threads over at RPG.net again.
Man, that place is just a mess!
Threads started, and hardly ever followed thru on - it almost seems like a random-thoughts potpourri over there.

and the interface is hideous.
just terrible.

Is there some redeeming factor to what i see over there?
something that's hidden?

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Heh...

I'm pretty sure that the interface for both the RPG.net forums and the EB World forums are mostly the same, if not identical. They may have different features turned on, but it's by and large the same. :)

Remove ads