Conan RPG from Mongoose

Frostmarrow

First Post
I just downloaded the character sheet for Mongoose's new role-playing game. There are a few interesting changes (as compared to D&D) and I would like to hear what you think about these.

There are no value for Armor Class. Instead there is a Dodge Value and a Parry Value. Dodge is based on 10+Dex+Misc whereas Parry is based on 10+Str+Misc. It seems that you can hit an opponent in combat by either beating the Parry or the Dodge Values. My guess is that Parry is used in melee and Dodge when attacking with ranged weapons.

Perhaps there is some kind of Finesse feat that allows you to dodge in melee, or something.

Also armor seem to absorb damage. Every armor has a value for Damage Reduction and every weapon has a value for Armor Piercing. My guess is that you deduct your Armor Piercing from your opponent's Damage Reduction. Then you deduct the opponent's Damage Reduction from the damage. What ever is left is hit point damage.

Finally what do you think of the Combat Manoeuvers?

Last edited:

Stone Angel

First Post
I am looking forward to this myself. Ala fate points always a good thing for heroes. Well anyway when does this come out. I thought they said January but here it is the 25th and no Cimmerian in sandals yet.

Swoop109

First Post
Matthew Sprange of Mongoose Publishing has just put up an overveiw of the contents in the new Conan rpg. It can be read at;

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/v...opic.php?t=1039

This is going to be both an excellent game and a wonderful source book. :)

Nuts!!! For some reason reason the link is taking me to thw wrong page. Look in the forums under "General Discussions", it is the thread entitled "Conan Coming- Next Week."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases