Ohio Gameday 3: March 13th - Event is over! - Planning for Gameday IV begins?

Enkhidu

Explorer
Well, I think Gameday III was a success (I know I had fun!), and I guess its time to start thinking about another Gameday.

So why not throw your $.02 in and we'll figure out if we want to do this again sometime before Origins!

Hi all!

Ohio GameDay III will be held in Dayton, OH on March 13th. It will be an all day event, beginning at ~9 AM and continuing until pretty much whenever the last person leaves (we've got the site until 6 AM the next morning).

Due to what looks to be a smaller than normal turnout, this event will be freeform - we will not be having game or table slots (though we will still have the stricture of 3 to 4 tables running at a time). What does this mean? It means bring your favorite game (board, card, or other), a character or three, an adventure (if you're willing to GM), and a fist full o' dice -this will be a day full of "pickups"!

BUT!

If you still wish to GM, and would like for your players to come prepped in advance, please post a quick summary of what you plan on doing! This will allow for the players to get up to speed quickly.

Site Directions

From the East (Springfield, Columbus, and places beyond):

Take your best route to I-70 West toward Dayton until you reach OH-4. Merge onto OH-4 South via exit number 41 toward DAYTON. Travel 7.2 miles. Take the HARSHMAN RD exit and turn LEFT onto HARSHMAN RD, traveling through a light, up a hill and through a stretch of road with a long, curving dividing wall. At the next light, turn RIGHT onto AIRWAY RD. Travel up another hill, through one light, and then at the next street turn RIGHT onto COLIN KELLY DR. Go up yet another hill, through two stop signs, and up until 61 COLIN KELLY DR DAYTON OH. This is the second of two large white buildings with plenty of parking. A sign will be on the double door.

From Pretty near everywhere else:

Take your best route to I-75 (north or south, it doesn't matter) and head toward Dayton until you reach US-35. Merge onto US-35 E via exit number 52 toward XENIA (whether this is exit A or B will depend on the direction you are coming from. In either case, take the exit toward XENIA). Follow US-35, merging left as often as possible (because the right hand lanes end or veer off later), for about 4 miles and take the SMITHVILLE RD NORTH exit. This is the second Smithville exit. Do not take the first, as it is not easy to turn around. Follow Smithville down the hill and up the hill until you pass a Domino's Pizza. Turn right onto COLIN KELLY DR at the first street (not lot, but street) after the Domino's. 61 COLIN KELLY DR should be the first building on your right. A sign will be on the double door.

See you all there!

Last edited:

dshai527

First Post
As always, I am more than happy to run a game in either time slot. It will be 3rd ed but what is still up for grabs. I am open for suggestions from potential gamers and I haven't ruled out a thrid part to the swashbuckling antics of my past groups.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Not unless she has an ENWorld account and has been lurking this whole time!

;)

I'll be updating the first post with more info later today or early tomorrow!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Crothian - how many players fit in an Alabaster Cup?

D'Shai - let me know if you plan on running one or two slots, and how many players.

Any other takers?

Crothian

First Post
It's hard to saw. It's a series of contests from Complete Warrior. I'll work it all out in the next few days and get back to you.

DanMcS

Explorer
Two slots, huh? I'll run in the morning if I can play in the afternoon :)

What to run, what to run. I bought Exalted, and have been digesting it, I'm sure I could be ready to rock by mid-March. Could be a little hard to get into for people that aren't used to white wolf games, though. I'll ponder this a while longer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases