First Post
The BBB speaks for itself.

New Wave Mail Order
4920 Highway 9 PMB #223
Alpharetta, GA 30004

General Information

Phone Number: (770) 753-0606
Type-of-Business Classification: Shopping Services-Ordered Product Sales, Other

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Nature of Business

This company offers product sales through the internet & mail order.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).
When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was opened in February of 2000: 25
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 17

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Company did not respond: 1

Delivery Issues: 14
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 5; Company made every reasonable effort to
Resolve: 1; Company did not respond: 8

Refund or Exchange Issues: 5
Resolved: 3; Company did not respond: 2

Contract Issues: 1
Resolved: 1

Customer Service Issues: 3
Resolved: 1; Company did not respond: 2

Credit or Billing Issues: 1
Company did not respond: 1

Dr. Zauberei

First Post
I too have had a very bad experience with this company and would not recommend that anyone use them. I placed an order well before Xmas of last year, never received all items (despite the full amount being charged to my VISA) and have spent the last month trying to get a response from them for either the rest of my order or a refund for the items not shipped.

New Wave does indeed suck! :mad:

Zerovoid

First Post
Dr. Zauberei said:
I too have had a very bad experience with this company and would not recommend that anyone use them. I placed an order well before Xmas of last year, never received all items (despite the full amount being charged to my VISA) and have spent the last month trying to get a response from them for either the rest of my order or a refund for the items not shipped.

New Wave does indeed suck! :mad:

Almost exactly my story. I ordered some miniatures in October. The first part of the order arrived after a month. After another month, I emailed them, and they never responded. I did eventually get all of my order in January, but this was after I told them to cancel it.

Its a shame they've ended up like this. I ordered from them twice in the past, and recieved my entire shipment in 2-3 weeks, which was slow, but acceptable considering how much I saved on warhammer stuff. I will never order from New Wave again, but I do often browse their online catalog, since it is better than the websites of most companies.

Pharaxes

First Post
I am glad I read these posts, because I was going to order from them. Glad I didn't do it yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Squire James

First Post
Just so you don't think New Wave has suddenly turned into the Darth Vader of mail order, I must report that I've had no problems dealing with them. I've ordered about 7-8 times in the last 6 years, and the worst I've seen was a 3-week delivery. I even ordered the FoTR minis in late November (the latest that I would consider "well before Christmas" BTW), and they were in after the aforementioned 3 weeks.

I usually order Magic stuff from them... perhaps they do better with that than with miniatures.

Well, I've ordered from them too and the order did take awhile to show, but is was during the christmas season. My only complaint was the lack of being able to really contact somebody about the order. But again, it was the Christmas season and I didn't see it as too much of a problem, everybody is busy.

The order showed up fine, and made for a happy little consumer. So I guess I would't consider them all that bad. But I have only used them the once.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Has anyone thought of organizing a lawsuit against New Wave? That's something I'd join.

My own experiences have been partial shipment, months latter, complete shipment. They charged me for the elf army, $170, and never shipped it. I had decided that was enough at that point and disputed the charge since you only have 60 days to do it. I'd gladly join in a class lawsuit against them.

And no, X-mas time is not a valid reason to have poor customer service, especially if it continues throughout the year.

Remove ads