(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagger

Adventurer
OPEN POST

I can pretty much adapt to any style of play so I choose option B because I want to see how long my small power can last . :)

I would choose option A if it could be 'fixed' to not be such a burden but I dont see a way of making that happen. I think you have to pretty much go two ways, either make it almost totally freefrom like this turn has been, or another route. Make it very rule orientated which cuts down on the imgination and sets limits.

I tell you right now I wouldnt have lasted half as long as you have.

Serpenteye

First Post
Or you could rule that the secret projects (bats, golems, plagues) are already included in the attack/defence bonuses for a certain level of magic, red goo and technology. That way it would become irrelevant to detail them since they provide no real benefit, only flavour. Doing this would, I assume, cut your e-mail burden in half.

Forrester

First Post
Getting rid of the Staff of Penumbra

Well, I thought of one way to handle it (maybe), but I thought of a better way.

And in keeping with the new rules, I'll post the super-secret idea to the boards.

(I *do* need to know how strong that illithid fleet is, though.)

Vecna knew how to jump ahead in time 100 years. Chronomancy IS POSSIBLE in this IR -- just very, very, very difficult.

The question for you, Edena, is whether we can use up the PL of however many artifacts on Toril it takes -- five, ten, twenty, forty, a hundred -- and sacrifice our best mages and magical equipment and power -- to leap one person ahead or back in time. One person.

Holding one item. For a one-way trip.

Nobody on Oerth could do it. But we, on Toril, have a 10,000PL society (if not more). We have 10th and 11th level magic. We have access to the artifacts created over millenia, all over the world (the UC is that big). And I bet the Eternal Empire would help us with what we are trying to do. And I KNOW the Angels would.

Let me know. We'll raise Vecna from the dead and force HIM to teach us the secrets of Chronomancy, if we have to.

I think I have a trip to make. And I don't expect I'll be coming back.

Forrester

dagger

Adventurer
I think limiting everyone to 1 or 2 emails for the entire turn could work.

Maybe have someone like me, who can help maintain the list's. I have webspace avaliable and an easy url (and so do others). I could put the lists on a webpage and be the person designated to update (or someone else) them. So people would direct emails to me when it is incorrect or whatever, and you just have to look at them (the Lists not the emails) and make sure it correct everyonce in awhile.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: Secret open I care?

zouron said:
hehe sicne you say I am in how much PL :p do I gain fromaround 500 turns :p (40+ years ago and sicne when did a wizard sit on his butt hehe research is the lord void is the god!)

Too bad that you massacred your entire people at the end of the Toril IR. You might be ruling the multiverse by now, if not for that.

Uvenelei

First Post
I vote for option B. I like A more, but its too much the way Edena has described it, and we've all broken him enough as it is (sorry to hear about your exploding head). If option A can be modified enough that Edena can keep up with everything with killing himself in the process, but can still keep the structured rules, then I support A.

Spoof

First Post
Instant Power Gain for Edena

Ok this is how it was going to work.

1. My civilivation is on average 300 years ahead of anyone else in the alliance

2. For every 10 years you advance your civilivation your PL for your crountries grow.

3. I have a medium country PL+2 per 10 years advance in civilization

If people five me 10 PL of population at civilization at 330 years behind mune that would be a net increase due to civilization on 66 per pl given

330 Civ = 33 pl gain per PL given by allies Medium country = 2 PL gain per 10 years of advance

hence it I was given 50 PL from allies it would equal 3300 Pl gaind for me.

I have to go for a few, I will read all the posts from your first tonight in an hour.

William Ronald

Explorer
OPEN POST

Serpenteye: I knew you were not criticizing Edena. I respect you and like you as a player. Sorry if I came across as overly critical.

Maybe Forrester's compromise might work.

Let us help one another and Edena to have fun.

Forrester: Vecna jumped in time at least a millenium. Check your e-mail. E-mail Edena if you like my ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases