(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
OPEN POST

William Ronald said:
Serpenteye: I knew you were not criticizing Edena. I respect you and like you as a player.

Dito :)

William Ronald said:

Sorry if I came across as overly critical.

I forgive you :), Im not completely innocent of complaining needlessly. I'll try to be more accepting, bend like the willow and all that rot.
_____
And I vote for a modified A. As long as it includes the current template-rules. I'm sure we can find a compromise that will work for everybody.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
With all due respect, I vote for a modified option A.

Perhaps we could do this:

*limit 3 emails per person per turn.
*one turn every two weeks

Maybe that would help edena?

I'll go with whatever wins, like I said at the beginning, I'm in this until it's over. However, i did like the way we've been doing things so far as opposed to the first IR (i played psionic league), where nothing was ever really concrete.

zouron

First Post
Serpenteye it would ALMOST be to bad but here is a few things to consider.

A) mommy I got XP for butchering some 11-12 digits number of beings!

B) can't take my population to Domains of Dread it is a lone 1 way trip.

C) new Domains comes fully equiped with natural inhabitants, living and dead.

D) please do come and visit me and I make sure your stay will be long hehe.

E) who cares about ruling the multiverse :p I rather destroy it.

and I ain't in ravenloft, but domains of dread (big secret huh? I annoyed that when? ohh when I left toril hehe), ravenloft is the castle of good old count stradh von zarovich.

Serpenteye

First Post
zouron said:
D) please do come and visit me and I make sure your stay will be long hehe.

E) who cares about ruling the multiverse :p I rather destroy it.

Then why did you allow the technomancy and the Angels to (almost) destroy the Illithid and the Shade? If you would have helped them bring the Elder Ones to Toril you might have destroyed the multiverse. I assume it's all part of some diabloically complicated plan... ;)

Maybe I will visit your dreadful abode eventually, how generous of you to invite me. I'll be sure to bring you the appropriate gifts as thanks for your hospitality.

Anabstercorian

First Post
OPEN POST

Well, Edena, I vote B.

BUT.

I do think it would be nice if you kept rough approximations of our relative power level in the various technological races. For example, you could use the original Technological Arms Race chart to describe our current level of technological advancement, and keep those Power Levels distinct from other power levels.

Basically, I think we should all have a little template that looks like this:

[FactionName]
[PlayerWhoRunsFaction]
[Power Level]: And here you write in our overall PL.
[Player Character]Here you write in our PC, their rough description, their PL, and any powers of note. For example, good ol' Anny would be:
Anabstercorian, PsyWar/Wiz/Telepath/Clr/Mnk/Gundancer, PL 5. Master of the True Staff, which can blow :):):):) up good and be used to summon the Elder Ones.
[Technological Advantages]And here you write in a rough description of our tech level - WWI, WWII, Civil War, Napoleonic, Modern Day, 2020, 2040... A one word blurb. In ADDITION to that, you add a sentence describing any specific gadgets worth mentioning - For example, the Shade would read: WWII. Negative Energy Accumulator Nukes.
[Civilization]And here you write in one word blurb describing how advanced our society is: 1700, 1750, 1800, 1850, 1900, 1950, 2000, and so on. Any specific quirks could be noted in one sentence. For example, my faction, the Solistarim, would read:
1600. Absolute loyalty to superiors.
[Magical Power]And here you write in a blurb describing magic level: Magic poor, average magic, magic rich, magic inundated, or perhaps a numerical system like Magic 8. In addition, you add the highest level magic spell we can cast, or any little quirks we've got. For example, the Solistarim would be:
Magically Inundated. 9th level. The Dictum.
[Planar Connections]And here you write in one word blurbs describing our connections, and their extend. For example, the Solistarim would be:
Far Realms, mildly supported.
[Notable NPCs]And here you write in any notable NPC's the faction might have, but only the most notable ones! You could shave off the little ones. Leave in Mordenkainen, Bigby, Xaed, Iggwilv, the heavy hitters.
[Miscellaneous] And here you add any little extra that you think necessary - I.E., our Secrets.

Here's the whole Solistarim in this format, to give you an idea.

Solistarim
Anabstercorian
PL: Roughly 250
PC: Anabstercorian, PL 5 Monk/Cleric/Wizard/Psywarrior/Telepath/Gundancer. Master of the True Staff of Ancient Penumbra.
Technology: WWI. Telekinetically launched glass orbs full of Red Steel shrapnel and nitroglycerine.
Civilization: 1600. Absolute loyalty to superiors.
Magical Power: Magically Inundated. 9th level. The Dictum.
Planar Connections: Far Realms, mildly supported.
Notable NPCs: The True Staff of Ancient Penumbra.
Miscellaneous:... What, did you people think I would give away my Secret? No way! You know my Secret, Edena.

As you could see, you could probably keep track of this system easily enough - Create a folder on your computer named IR Templates. Toss in some Notepad documents with our templates on them. Edit as you see fit. Ta da.

Then, limit us to no more than 3 e-mails per turn (or 2, or 1, however you deem fit) and things should be easier for you. Armies move fast enough in a month that you don't really have to keep track of their exact position all the time - The right 100 square mile area should be enough.

What do you think, oh almighty DM?

Spoof

First Post
I say a modified A

1. A turn every ten-day as this is DND folks :)
2. Limit E-mails to 1/day and you have to put your faction in the title. Any other emails even ones that say, Hey Edena did you get my e-mail every 10 min would be deleted without being read, NO EXCEPTIONS

Secrete for EDENA ONLY
[color={secondaltcolor}]
I say this because I personally spent all my time researching tenth level magic and now I would have done that for nothing and been more active in the game.

As for the staff, would creating a good Anabstercorian Fool the fleet? As an Illithid would then have the staff, if not I could just give it to the Neolithid. Nothing personal Forrester but you wanted to leave the game, so I will not come running to you with a problem, if we can help it. If noting else I can lead the Illithid on a merry chase for quite some time. Maybe even find an abandoned Crystal Sphere and break it there where the Elder Ones can wipe out the Illithid. ACTUALLY EDENA I WANT TO TRY TO FIND AN ABANDONED SPHERE FOR THAT PURPOSE.
[/color]

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Anab, I really like the idea, but perhaps we could include somewhere in the template, a list of the territories we have? not even descriptions, or specific pl's, but just the territory names, that could help avert alot of confusion (i.e.- now who has that piece of land?)

Edena, black omega isn't contesting the UO's claim to polaria, see his post earlier. Neither is Kalanyr, he just has explorers there. (at least, unless i'm VERY gravely mistaken).

[edit]- Edena, so the sword of kas is officially artifact level power now? Nice.... Very Nice.... :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I Originally voted for option B...

Option A would be great for laying out a risk map (Edena's War room) and basically playing a super enhanced Dnd Risk crossbreed, but I am getting a little bored of number fighting. Though honestly that would be good for a DnD group like mine, but not for a 24 player messageboard game.

Man do I feel bad about taking Sollir's offer... my people must be sooooooo pissed at me. We killed thousands of them in the name of good, and now we are allying with them entirely because we don't want to the Red Goo to kill us.

Do you all realize how pissed Corellon Larethian would be? The only thing worse would be if I cross bred with the Orc's...

Oh well, I want the Mandate of heaven, and I want to guarantee my people's safety...

Of course if the IR ends at the End of Turn seven that means ALL OUT CARNAGE... oooooohhhhhh.......

CHANGING MY MIND... OPTION A FOR MORE CARNAGE...

zouron

First Post
Serpenteye

LOL well that was before my PC went insane, young and naive he was preserving life as we know it.

And I can settle for your head on a stick as gift :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads