(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
They're right. Take it as slowly as you need. Nobody wants you to hurt yourself because of this, me least of all since I would carry a larger part of the responsibility for it than most others. You're a good man, Terry, thanks for everything. :)

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
I agree, returning to method A but slowing things down will not only help Edena, but allow the other players to gather their thoughts on what they should do in the next turns.

Here's something for people who want to read it, just don't metagame it or anything, k?

Another conference is called, but now in Silver's secret location, the entire furniture set from the Hellfurnace's conference room had been transported to the new conference room. Silver looks happy for the first time since he found out about the Apotheosis.

"Well, this is a nice change!" Silver says happily.

Down the back of the huge conference room stands a (size catergory:) huge object, covered in an enormous cloth. Everyone had been casting glances at it while they discussed the next month's objectives. Finally Obmi got around to asking, "Hey Silver, what's that down the back?"

Silver sat up straight, he was reading a report on the results of a large force of his searching his new abode for some things which he knew would assist his and many others efforts.

"Hmm? Oh yes, almost forgot that," Silver grins broadly, "I'll just go over and take off that cover, I guarantee you'll like it."

Silver chuckles and scurries silently towards the object as Bobo turns to the others and says, "Do you realise that thing is as tall as me?"

"Wow," Lenaurae returns.

They take guesses at what the thing is until Silver suddenly causes the cloth to slide off the unknown object to reveal an entire set of statues of Silver and his party. Everyone in combat poses, with Bobo rising over the top of them, bearing massive teeth and claws. They were made of all kinds of materials, and were a wonder to behold.

The small group cheers, James gets up and analyses his stone copy. He strokes his goatee in thought.

"I wish I was as fit as I am here," he says, sucking his stomach in a little and attempting to copy his own pose.

"You're wonderful as you are," retorts Lenaurae, sneaking up behind him and wrapping her arms about his waist.

They both laugh and return to their seats after sufficient applications of affection to each other.

Durgrim stands up and announces, "Aye, tis a grand rendition of us, we'll certainly be remembered throughout time. Aye."

Khelarque suddenly becomes a little worried and says to everyone, "But that's only if we have a world to remember us, don't forget. So lets get back to planning."

Kcyldyei then says to Silver, "Have you heard any of the rumours as of late? I believe them quite amusing! Especially that one about red steel firearms."

"In fact yes, I've had my ear to the ground, and I wish I had half of the things they say I have," Silver replies jovially, then he becomes deadly serious, "We have one more issue that needs to be covered, we need to develope something. If we come out of Operation Reparation empty handed we're going to need a contingency plan to still put us on par with all the other super-powers' extraordinary abilities and weapons."

Duelist Soul hums at his side, and Silver nods, "That is an excellant idea, thank you very much. We can easily fall back onto that plan should we not find anything else suitable, but it won't be all too effective unless we use red steel, and we're never gonna do that, so we'll make do with what we have. Nonetheless, all of us here must try to get an idea of what we should do if we don't get what we want. I call this conference over, get some ideas and some rest people. This world war is far from over yet."

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
:D

Hey everyone, take a look at the new PL value of the Union of Oerth.

You see, they spent 360 points on Advancing their Civilization, which advanced them 120 years.
That's 12 increases in points for every one of their countries.

You should have attacked them on Turn 5, and not listened to their gestures of peace.

If I were you, I'd say my prayers.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Also my Civ Year and increase PL from Civ is wrong,also my monster arms race plan is not commented on. Did you actually get my Turn 5 template? Since it doesn't matter now I'll post an exact copy of it here.

Planar Arms Race (I continue summoning all three races)

Technological Arms Race: (I am sharing technology with Kevellond League,Pomarj, Coalition of Light and Shadow,Forsaken One,Festy,Darkness, Uvenelei,Gnomeworks , Kaboom, Zelda, Dagger, and creamsteak,Alzem )

The Magical Arms Race: (I am not researching )

The Undead Arms Race: (I am not in the undead arms race ) I am restoring all my undead to life including my NPC's. (Ace will apotheosise soon I guess and I really don't need all those 6/6 traitors)

The Monster Arms Race: (I am in the monster arms race) I am using 10th level magic to divide the tarrasque precisely into equal sized piece and adding a Half-Dragon template to each. (Godzilla!)
I am training one as my mount. I will use pieces of Tarrasque to feed the tarrasques that is I give each tarrasque precisely enough to tarrasqu eat that its digestion is constantly satisfied by the regeneration and consumation of the piece

The Construct Arms Race: (I am in the construct arms race )

Advancing your Civilization (I am 186 points) (exams this week so I may as well do something constructive)

10th level magic stuff-

I attempt to grant my entire population the ability to use invisibility at will as an innate magical ability.

I grant as much of my populaion as I can wings,enhanced constitutions and begin removing daylight vulnerability from my troops.

Festy has agreed to this so I begin changing his holdings alignment to (whatever they already are) good.

I scry for the Annulus (Psionic Artifact)
I also scry for a Chaotic Good Oerthian Elven or Drow Artifact (I'd be more specific but I don't know enough Grayhawk stuff (If it was Toril I'd say the Mage Blade of Myth Drannor) (Was named Mask of Jyolee in a later email

I have removed one line from the above to avoid giving away my secret retreat. It basically says that I make use of the retreat

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
:D

Hey everyone, take a look at the new PL value of the Union of Oerth.

You see, they spent 360 points on Advancing their Civilization, which advanced them 120 years.
That's 12 increases in points for every one of their countries.

You should have attacked them on Turn 5, and not listened to their gestures of peace.

If I were you, I'd say my prayers.

Yes say your prayers, to the God Emperor. :) Don't worry, we're still far less powerful than the Elder Ones or Forrester and we are still a force for neutrality and peace.
__
BTW: Polaria, Luna and the Tarquish Empire and Dominions are not included under the Union of Oerth in the lists.
Also, our score in the technological arms race is too low. It was 14 at the start of turn 5, then we got agreements of exchange from Tokiwong, o'Skoteinos and William Ronalds and possibly more powers (Sollir?). At least some of them would probably have delivered what they promised. It should be 18 now.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(roars merrily)

Because I'm not done with your Templates yet!

- - -

By the way, scratch that post about the supremacy of the Union of Oerth.

Kalanyr pulled the same stunt. You can do wonders with 10th level magic.

Nothing like creating 10 Pocket Dimensions of size LL each, and then dumping 186 points into Advancing your Civilization (I refused to allow Kalanyr more than 10 permanent Pocket Dimensions ...)

But don't worry. When you get 10th level magic, you will be able to create 10 Pocket Dimensions of size LL each too.
And you'll have hundreds of points (in the case of the Union, over a thousand) to put into advancing your civilization!

Isn't this going to be fun? .....

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Edena, remember you said 150 PL was the maximum for advancing your civilisation. And in the case of the Union of Oerth at least, there is little to be gained from my previous holdings, as they were razed man, woman and child when he went after the undead. (well, they fought back, but ultimately lost I presume :))

Also, if you're really breaking under the strain, I repeat my offer to take over some of the non-eyes-only stuff, like calculating civ advancement and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases