Excel party xp calculator for 3.5e!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've updated an excellent third edition experience calculator spreadsheet so that it now nicely supports the DM who wants to calculate xp the 3.5e way. It no longer provides nice separate reports for each individual PC, but it is a godsend for DM's who want to quickly calculate xps for each member of a party.

I've zipped the file for easier upload/download, please let me know if it works OK for you, or if you notice any errors I've introduced (or if you know the original author!)

I've updated the spreadsheet! New features:

• Calculates xp by formula rather than a copy of the DMG table
  • Supports epic characters and CRs greater than 20
  • tidying up bugs that prevented Name7 & Name8 being used...

If you are one of the 324 people who downloaded the original, you might want to grab a copy of the revised version

Cheers

Attachments

• experiencecalculatormaster35e.zip
    22 KB · Views: 1,489
Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Just a bump in case anyone who looked at it yesterday and went away disappointed didn't notice that I've been able to add the download on now.

Cheers

DrSpunj

Explorer
Nice update, PS. Thanks!

I wanted you to know, though, that the PC Level cells were locked when I first opened the file. Thankfully there wasn't a password on the sheet protection and I was able to use it just fine after unlocking the sheet. Still, might throw some others off.

Thanks again!

DrSpunj

Wonko the Sane

First Post
law said:
Looks great, to bad it dont work for epic mosnters and Chars :(.

I've used an HTML XP generator that (according to the author) uses a formula...and it works for epic characters/monsters. The only problem with it is that it uses average party level. Not a big deal, but you just have to recalculate for each level in the party.

Now...I suck at HTML/Excel programming - I am truly clueless. But would it be possible for some bright soul to hack apart the HTML XP calculator and see what formula he used, and then make an excel spreadsheet that uses it to figure out XP for different PC levels?

Plane Sailing

Wonko the Sane said:
But would it be possible for some bright soul to hack apart the HTML XP calculator and see what formula he used, and then make an excel spreadsheet that uses it to figure out XP for different PC levels?

Sure, where can it be found? (or email it to me).

I've had a couple of stabs at creating formula for the experience chart, but I haven't been able to get it perfectly correct purely on a formula basis - it is almost like you need two formula, one for odd CR and the other for even CR!

Cheers

Remove ads