Anita Blake d20?

Oogar

First Post
Was looking at another post and thought about adapting d20 to an Anita Blake concept. I'd never go to all that work, but oh my, it would be fun.

I am interested in the concept, but I am also interested if anyone on the board shares my enjoyment of this series of books. I was a BtVS fan before I ever had these books brought to my attention, and the series was quite a fun read for me (though the sex has gotten a bit out of hand in the last couple books by the author).

It might be a bit much for d20 to encompass, but if the telling is gritty enough it could be fun to try. Or perhaps the BtVS game I have heard rumors of could be adapted (that would need some major work also, however).

Anyhow, consider it an off the cuff mention of an interesting series of books, if nothing else. :)

Doc_Souark

Explorer
I'll play Edward !!!!!!!!

I for one love this series of books, and I think the whole concept of Monsters being "legal" and protected in a modern setting is fantastic. I'd love to addapt them to D20 Modern whenever I get my hands on it and I like this better then the Shadowchaser idea from the Poly.

My wife is the bigger fan of the household and is a walking ecylopida of A. Blake triva so she if anyone would DM it if it ever came togather. I guess she (AB) would be considered a Necromancer in DnD terms but with added classes in Fighter and a prestige Class in Vampire Hunter.

PenguinKing

First Post
Hmmm... this sounds familiar. I seem to recall reading a book about a freelance private investigator/necromancer who got caught up in a vampiric gang-war instigated by a two-million-year-old undead neanderthal - I think the whole thing ended with a massive bloody battle in a circus tent. Is that "Anita Blake"?

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Last edited:

Claude Raines

First Post
PenguinKing said:
Hmmm... this sounds familiar. I seem to recall reading a book about a freelance private investigator/necromancer who got caught up in a vampiric gang-war instigated by a two-million-year-old undead neanderthal - I think the whole thing ended with a massive bloody battle in a circus tent. Is that "Anita Blake"?

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Yeah, this is one of the early books. 3rd one I believe. I was thinking about trying to do an Anita Blake d20 conversion, but will wait until d20 modern comes out before instilling any serious effort into it.

Jamdin

Explorer
The early books in the series are the best since the later ones really get more into the sexuality of the characters. My best characters are the wereleopards :)

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Jamdin said:
The early books in the series are the best since the later ones really get more into the sexuality of the characters. My best characters are the wereleopards :)

I partly agree with that.

I thought Blue Moon was rather blah, but Obsidian Buttefly was great.

I am half-way through Narcissus in Chains, and the slut factor seems to have displaced the fun read factor.

Oogar

First Post
Axiomatic Unicorn said:

I am half-way through Narcissus in Chains, and the slut factor seems to have displaced the fun read factor.

Sigh, too true. Yet a very enjoyable series, overall.

PenguinKing

First Post
Axiomatic Unicorn said:
"Top Ten Ways You Can Tell An Author Is Identifying Too Strongly With Her Protagonist #6..." ;)

- Sir Bob.

P.S. Nih!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases