Vasorn, the World Under Dragonfire

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Dessa nods, and turns to look at the assembled Cagebreakers.*

"Well then, what else do you need before we go? The mine's about a two-day walk from here, and we're going to have to go hidden the entire time. Does everyone have enough supplies or do we need to get some?"

"We should get extra piwafwi and rations for the slaves, if possible, and scent-breaking herbs as well. We'll need to be able to evade trackers."

Velenne

Explorer
"*fft*," Durlp snorts at the notion of scent-breakers, "Not for dragons, feh. Too keen, their noses. Haste. *hmf* That make better cover. Runs through them tunnels and no look back, says I. Distraction takes care of the rest."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Dessa nods initially at Grim's comment.*

"Of course we'll have scent breakers, though we're only going to use them on the largest group. We don't have a lot of piwafwi to spare, so we're going to have to just use our ingenuity to keep them hidden. Durlp, I appreciate your skill, and I'll trust you to keep the other safe when the scent-breakers fail. Hopefully they'll buy you a few minutes though. And yes, we'll have rations, we always do. All right? You have fifteen minutes to draw from the common stores anything you think you need. Meet back here," she says, and then all but pushes you out the door.

*You may take any extra food or any mundane weapon, item, or tool you need from the common stores, or up to 500gp worth of alchemical items [if you have Dragon #280, those items are also up for grabs]. Once you have what you need, Dessa and the others will meet you at the map tent. Nodding once, she'll lead you out.*

*The mode of travel is quite different than a normal walk around the city. You move from cover to cover, taking a zig-zag, roundabout path, going through small caverns and tunnels, pausing often to listen and hide your scant tracks. You travel many hours like this before finally reaching a crossroads of sorts.*

*This cavern has five exits from it. Dessa consults the map and double checks it with Durlp for any new hazards, then continues to lead. The duegar woman kneels to examine a track, asking Gortag to help her. As they consider, the rest of you keep a lookout. Durlp and Grim, you see a large round shape suddenly dart across the end of the tunnel in front of you.*

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*This cavern has five exits from it. Dessa consults the map and double checks it with Durlp for any new hazards, then continues to lead. The duegar woman kneels to examine a track, asking Gortag to help her. As they consider, the rest of you keep a lookout. Durlp and Grim, you see a large round shape suddenly dart across the end of the tunnel in front of you.*

Grim immediately draws his blade, trying to relocate the figure without drawing too close.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I took that for the expedition:

Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket
Flint & Steel
Whetstone
Trail Ration, 1 week
Water Skin
Antitoxin x2
Holy Water x2

Gortag help the duergar as best as he can, without knowing what his happening at the end of the tunnel.

Velenne

Explorer
Durlp releases a slow hiss and scampers into a nearby shadow.

"Up ahead," he whispers,"the darkness moves..."

OOC: Durlp believes he has all he needs and can find whatever else may come up within the caves. I don't have Dragon 280 so I don't know if I'm missing something there.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
Grim immediately draws his blade, trying to relocate the figure without drawing too close.
As he notices his companions stirring, a small chuckle escapes his lips. Dead-seeming eyes come alive as he takes his bow and knock an arrow, scanning the area to see if there's some danger, arcane formulas glowing in his mind as he prepares his spell.

[ooc if there's a threat Ishamael wil start firing his bow, if anything comes closer then 30 ft he'll cast improved invisibility and will use his rapid shot and precise shot
Comp Longbow+1 +17/+12 or +15/+15/+10, +1 when within 30 ft dmg 1d8+1(x3)
I dunno if you use the if-then combat system or round per round/player per player thinghy, I'm cool with us describing and you filling in the details.]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Gortag, after examining the tracks, both you and Dessa come to the conclusion that there was some kind of dragonkin that passed here recently. Not a true dragon, but a human with dilute draconic blood. Their splayed, four-toed tracks look like small dragonfeet.*

*Grim, Durlp, you see the shape move again across the end of the tunnel. Ishmael and Elaugaugein, you hear Durlp's hiss and see the darting shadow. As you try to get a fix on it, the figure begins to slowly move toward you. You can see that it's a large round thing, floating above the ground.*

*As it draws a bit closer you can see something dripping from it. Finally Durlp makes out the details. It's a beholder, badly hurt with claw marks across its body and several eyestalks gone. Its huge central eye is bright with pain.*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases