Vasorn, the World Under Dragonfire

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Zykovian, your comments back to Gardanax are only met with a contempuous snort.*

"Sarellion is jealous of my standings, little fool. He sent you to undermine me!" he roars as you are taken away. Paranoid? Yes, of course. It's typical of draconic life.

*The dragonkith don't respond to your words, they were probably ordered not to, but you hear the occasional shuffle outside the door. The faint scents that waft to your nostrils are a common one amongst young dragons; fear.*

~~~

*Those not on third watch are woken by Renea. Carefully cleaning up camp, Dessa continues leading the party toward the Darkstone mines, being even more cautious than yesterday. Twice you duck to avoid patrols, but eventually get to the tall, half-vertical cave that is your secret entrance into the upper levels.*

"Last minute planning or preparations anyone? I don't think it should take more than an hour to climb up, so if you have any changes of plans, tell me now," Dessa says.

[OOC - If you guys decide what you wanted Renea to identify, just tell me in the OOC thread and I can tell you what she found out last night.]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Gardanax said:
"Sarellion is jealous of my standings, little fool. He sent you to undermine me!" he roars as you are taken away.

’If I ever get that paranoid . . . I hope somebody slaps me,’ Zykovian thought, Wait a minute . . . I am that paranoid . . . .’ Zykovian looked around in his cell. '. . . and with good reason it seems . . . .’

Zykovian did his best to stretch and stay strong, not wanting to waste away in the cell before the games. He searched the cell thoroughly, looking for any weakness or secret. He stayed aware of possible magical scrying. Most of all, he conserved his power, knowing that he would be needing all of it when the proper time came.

Zykovian continued working on the guards . . . “There’s nothing that can be done for me, Gardanax has spoken. But there’s still time for the both of you. Talk with your brethren – those you can trust. Perhaps they have more insight into how Gardanax thinks and would react. I obviously don’t know. I try to report a potential uprising and get thrown in prison awaiting execution.” Zykovian paused as if in thought and had stumbled into a revelation. “Hmmm . . . Maybe Gardanax wanted the uprising, perhaps he’s thinking of thinning his children out so that only his favored live. Wow, that can’t be good for you guys . . . I mean, being where you are and all.”

With sincerity, Zykovian added, “I wish I could help you – I truly do. Only I’m not much help to anyone in here. . . .”

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Last minute planning or preparations anyone? I don't think it should take more than an hour to climb up, so if you have any changes of plans, tell me now," Dessa says.

[OOC - If you guys decide what you wanted Renea to identify, just tell me in the OOC thread and I can tell you what she found out last night.]
Smiling at a joke only heard inside his head, Ishamael just nods, stringing his bow and putting it on his back. He carefully tucks any loose clothing away, as not to get snagged by any sharp rocks.

Velmont

First Post
Gortag packs his pack pretty tight, to be sure he lose nothing while he climb. As he finished to pack. "Ready to go!"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Dessa and Durlp lead the climb, with Grim close behind. The three smaller Cagebreakers go fairly quickly, while the larger members of the party, particularly Gortag, have to wiggle to get through in places. At various places Dessa points Durlp in the direction of nearby, smaller passages he'll have to use to get the children and gnomes out. The wererat goes back and forth to check his routes, muttering to himself occasionally.*

*The climb is strenuous, but climbing is a way of life in the Underdark, and you've all had at least some practice before. Eventually you begin to see faint light ahead, necessary for gnome servants.*

"Ishmael, Renea, you go set your distractions, Elaugaugein and Gortag go with them. If you can sneak and implant false memories into one of the dragonkith overseers, even better. Their quarters are down the passage one level, left corridor at the three-way junction, all the doors on the right. The mess hall is just preceeding the junction, though there are hallways around it. The farther away you can get from the Cages, the better, but don't take foolish risks. Gardanax's lair is up one level, and takes up nearly the entire upper cavern. After we get the slaves out, our second priority is to kill as many dragons as possible. If someone can control one of the overseers to cause some chaos, do so.

"Durlp, Grim, and I will go to the Cage ten minutes after you go. If I see no sign of a distraction, we're going to have to abort unless I see an opening. Ellimon and Guran will go with us and help the slaves get free while we cause as much chaos as possible to cover ourselves. And keep Keylarakray's words in mind, they may be important," Dessa says, soto voce.

"Remember, the expected attack will be happening very soon as they break through the lower level of the mine, so we will hopefully be dealing with less numbers than usual. Questions?"

*Ellimon simply prepares his crossbow with a poisoned bolt as an answer, while Renea adjusts her wand bracers. Guran bares his teeth in both a growl and a grin.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Zykovian, you're left in the cell for the rest of the day, though your guards remain silent. They push a skin of water and a packet of dried mushroom jerky into your cell several hours into your incarceration. When the door opens the necessary crack, the eyes of the dragonkith are both angry and worried. Your words may be having an effect, but it seems they've been ordered to silence.*

DrZombie

First Post
Ishamael just nods, and follows the lead of the cagebreakers. His bow is at the ready.

[ooc : will look at my spell list and update char sheet]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Zykovian Sarellion: Half-Sapphire Psionic Fighter/Rogue

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Your words may be having an effect, but it seems they've been ordered to silence.*

Zykovian was concerned, to say anything more might cause a response that wasn't what he hoped for. He used 'Animal Affinity'* to enhance his communications with the dragon kith. He pondered for a short while, he felt he had to speak - to do nothing was to admit defeat . . . and he would never admit such a thing.

"It's probably good that you're quiet," Zykovian said in a false quiet voice, "You never can be certain that Gardanax doesn't have spies listening in, looking for the opportunity to supplant you. In fact, there probably isn't anyone you could trust in this situation . . . except for someone on the outside . . . someone who doesn't care about Gardanax or status in his eyes. If things went badly, you'd need another benefactor . . . another dragon . . . or perhaps someone with close ties to another dragon."

* To charisma

Remove ads